MAC - Metal Urge Collection Discussion

GlamYOURUs

Re: Metal Urge Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
How dare you throw away any MAC product! You should be ashamed!
th_LMAO.gif

The one thing I don't like about the few Metal-X I have is that they are cracked and drying up so fast. I do love using cyber under pigments like GlamYOURus said. They work really well under pigments and I have not had much problem with creasing.

Yeah the the only cons I find are that they crease if you don't apply an eye base under it. AND that they dry up quickly even being stored properly. But I love the colors too much to let them go just like that. I use my 242 brush and mixing medium (fix + works too!) and mix it a lil and it goes on with ease!
thmbup.gif

darkishstar

Yuck. Do not want.
My eyelids are oily enough as is.

My Pink Ingot is a blush base. Heh.

MelodyKat

I must be another odd one out! i have seen the collection...the colors are more subtle than the last one. i think you guys will be surprised by how much more wearable they will be since the colors are more low key. the trick is to use a 242 and apply it sparingly....i can't wait for these to come out...

the visual is beautiful!

BloodMittens

I'm happy I don't like cream eyeshadows
smiles.gif

But... if there are glitterliners... oh gawd, I hope not!!!!
ssad.gif
I will spend so much on those.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Me, too. If the Metal-X shadows are the same formula as last years, I'll be saving lots of money this holiday.

iagree.gif

spectrolite

I freakin LOVED Metal-X. I'm still kicking myself for not getting Cyber last year... I won't be missing out this year >_< They are seriously so gorgeous and intense! I hope there will be a super hot pink one and a super bright teal!
yahoo.gif

SARAHheartsMAC

I really like the Metal-X, especially 6th Sin paired with divine lime liner, gorgeous!!

However, i hardly ever wear them

glam8babe

i doubt i'll be getting any of it if it's those metal-x type of things
thank god!

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
I bought every Metal-X shadow.. and I think I used a few a couple times right after I bought them... and haven't used them since. I should go play with mine agian and see if I really like these. If not, money saved!

I DO remember they creased on me like a MO-FO! Any suggestions for that one>? Maybe dab some set powder on it?

Same with me. I never use them, I will play with mine also
tong.gif

Shadowy Lady

I hated Metal-X like everyone else. I ended up giving all of mine away. I really hope they reformulate the new ones...

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Erine, the Rich Metal Highlighters dry down, but still crease. At least my Couture one does. Better as a highlighter than as an eyeshadow.

rbella;1268877Edit-I meant I threw away my Metal X said:
Yeah, after experimenting Rose Bullion as e/s which creases, I now occasionally use it on my cheeks. Gives a nice shimmer.

From what I hear from here so far, if these metal-x are reformulated, I might try them, maybe just one of them.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat

the visual is beautiful!

Could you tell us the color range? Thx.

Metal-x sucked on my eyes, creasing galore, but that purple was beautiful. But the only way I was half way decent with the product is UDPP, then a paint, then Metal-X, but it still slightly crease at about 6 hours, if not 4.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
as i have never played with the richmetal highlighters, i can't be for sure, but i think those stay creamy, just like CCBs. anyone?

I have two of the new Colour Forms RMH, deep deposit & positive charge & yes they are creamy like the CCBs. They stay on me beautifully without any creasing. They haven't dried out in the containers either.

Krasevayadancer

Well I know I can pass on the liners. Every year I get them I end up never using em!

Hmmm, metal x wasn't that bad imo. They work very well when you use a dry base and layer the mineralized eyeshadows on top. They make colors a heck of a lot more vibrant!

EllieFerris

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwkerric
I bought every Metal-X shadow.. and I think I used a few a couple times right after I bought them... and haven't used them since. I should go play with mine agian and see if I really like these. If not, money saved!

I DO remember they creased on me like a MO-FO! Any suggestions for that one>? Maybe dab some set powder on it?

I use Bare Canvas paint beneath mine and it works (for me). Maybe give that a try?

lethaldesign

Please please PLEASE - make a true red metal-X shadow! In a better texture but with the same finish as those released last year!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat
I must be another odd one out! i have seen the collection...the colors are more subtle than the last one. i think you guys will be surprised by how much more wearable they will be since the colors are more low key. the trick is to use a 242 and apply it sparingly....i can't wait for these to come out...

the visual is beautiful!

I loved the colors last time! I hope they aren't too low key. I can't wait. I really liked Metal-X. Some of the colors took a little more work to get the results you want but well worth it.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Could you tell us the color range? Thx.

Metal-x sucked on my eyes, creasing galore, but that purple was beautiful. But the only way I was half way decent with the product is UDPP, then a paint, then Metal-X, but it still slightly crease at about 6 hours, if not 4.

If you are looking for a similar purple, try Top Hat from Starflash. Same frosty dark purple but in a formula that works.