MAC - Metal Urge Collection Discussion

Shaquille

I never try metal-X but if it comes out in November, I will be trying all of them!! Especially November 20th, It's my Birthday!!
yahoo.gif

Re: Metal Urge Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Hopefully they have reformulated the metal-x shadows so they don't crease. Even if they haven't I can't wait to see the colors they will have and also the colors of the possible glitter liners!
smiles.gif
I just love the MAC holiday collections!

I read somewhere (maybe on the LJ group?) that they were indeed reformulating the metal-x shadows. I didn't try them the first time around because I never cared for cream shadows, and I'll probably pass on them again. I was tempted by last year's colours, especially that Pink Ingot one, but knew I'd never use it
ssad.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
If you are looking for a similar purple, try Top Hat from Starflash. Same frosty dark purple but in a formula that works.

You know, Entremauve pigment looks exactly like Plum Electric as well

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I freakin LOVED Metal-X. I'm still kicking myself for not getting Cyber last year... I won't be missing out this year >_< They are seriously so gorgeous and intense! I hope there will be a super hot pink one and a super bright teal!
yahoo.gif

teal p/m on top of 6th Sin!
drools.gif
drools.gif

Omg you didn't get Cyber!! That makes such a sexy intense smokey eye
drools.gif

NatalieMT

I never bought anything from Metal X either! I so wish I did now so I'm very excited for this collection. I've always wanted a couple of glitter liners and I guess this is my chance.

Brittni

I WANT A RED GLITTER EYELINER AND PURPLE AND ORANGE

Bunny, they already have a bright green one -- Divine Lime!? How much more bright you want it? LOL!

clwkerric

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieFerris
I use Bare Canvas paint beneath mine and it works (for me). Maybe give that a try?

I'll give that a whirl. I've got that. I used CCB - Fawtastic under and UDPP and it still made them crease. I NEVER get creasing with anything else.
thanks for the suggestion.. I will try it soon
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygirl
I'm sorry but Metal-X sucked!!! I forgot what Jewelescent was??

glitter liners, jewelescent glitter, astonish all over gloss

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygirl
I'm sorry but Metal-X sucked!!! I forgot what Jewelescent was??

It repromoted Graphic Brown fluidline and had Jadeye as a new LE fluidline along with the glitterliners and Jewelmarine Glitter (which I STILL have not found a use for
lol.gif
)

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
...and Jewelmarine Glitter (which I STILL have not found a use for
lol.gif
)

Me neither. It's too chunky to use on my lid. It's such a beautiful color. I wish it were finer.

jeffreygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
glitter liners, jewelescent glitter, astonish all over gloss

oh yea..I remember that one now!!! That collection was fun, more glitter, more glitter liners and more gloss!!!
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

emeraldjewels

I'm excited for this collection now. i'm too much of a newbie to know what the metal-x collection was, but this sounds fab.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldjewels
I'm excited for this collection now. i'm too much of a newbie to know what the metal-x collection was, but this sounds fab.

That's what I thought last year as well. But I was disappointed by the Metal-X e/s. They don't really work on my oily lids, even with a good primer
ssad.gif
We will see.

tripwirechick

I *heart* Metal-X. 6th Sin + Humid... oh jesus. I'm going to have to try it with Teal pigment, though. That sounds hot!!! I hope they bring out a slightly more blue-based purple. Plum Electric made me look punched in the face, lol.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
It repromoted Graphic Brown fluidline and had Jadeye as a new LE fluidline along with the glitterliners and Jewelmarine Glitter (which I STILL have not found a use for
lol.gif
)

Ok, see, if they'd bring out at least one new fluidline shade with this collection, I'd be pleased. MAC, that would be a lovely birthday present to me. Do it. Thanks.

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I am so glad everyone hates them. muahaha More for me!
They are amaZINGGGGGGGGGG under pigments, no joke. And a lil goes a longggg way. UDPP or TFES work better with them too.

i agree. i love them asa bases under shadows and pigments! if you use to much i see a little creasing. but your right a lil goes.....

darkbeauty27

Metalblu was the only Metal X shadow I purchased. Anyone try the Metal X as a liner? It works okay that way.

Silent

I actually loved the Metal-X shadows as a centre lid highlight when doing a dark smokey eye. Just a little stripe right above the pupil and either side a darker version of the colour is an awesome effect, it really catches the light and makes your eyes pop.

MAC*alicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I freakin LOVED Metal-X. I'm still kicking myself for not getting Cyber last year... I won't be missing out this year >_< They are seriously so gorgeous and intense! I hope there will be a super hot pink one and a super bright teal!
yahoo.gif

oh yes a teal will be gorgeous!!
th_DANCE.gif