MAC - Metal Urge Collection Discussion

AdlersMommy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Just Spiritualize Pigment for me!
yahoo.gif

Ill bet money that'll change!
th_wink3.gif
You look so good in the colors that are in this collection!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Damn! All the colors look the same.
ssad.gif
It just reformulated. O well maybe I'll pick up 1 to test it out.
But wtf are those new pigments being released with this collection!?

Oh nevermind, they are glitters :\ More money in my pocket!

worse! they got rid of the good stuff. i loved plum electric from last year. it's a gorgeous color and smudges much less than the other colors
thud.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Just Spiritualize Pigment for me!
yahoo.gif

me too. but i MIGHT pick up an eyeshadow if the formula is good

AdlersMommy22

I really loooooooove the colors... I think i might be buying this entire collection- im sure the formula will be way better or they wouldn't have revamped it under a diferent name and what not--- I do think the green and red glitters look EXACTLY like antique green and heritage rouge though-- anyone else??

I want the blue, green, and light pink glitter liners too... and i pry scoop up the 3 piggies and the blue, and fuschia glitters as well... ughhhhh

panther27

Yessssss,I screamed when I saw this info!I am getting Pink Platinum,Forged Rose and Gilded Ash for sure.Also Spiritualize and reflects purple duo glitter are a huge must
cutey.gif

MakeUpGeek

I don't think I want anything from this collection - prefer the red stuff, but that may change once I start seeing swatches and looks done with them.
So far though - my bank manager may sleep easy!!!
winks.gif

blinkymei

the colors are gorgeous, I'm so tempted in getting them but if the formula was as bad as it was last year= BOO because I have oily, asian lids and they are hard to work with even with paint pots or UDpp

Randy Rose

One thing that gives me hope for the collection is that they are promoting them with real brushes instead of sponge brushes, so hopefully they should apply nicer.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Rose
One thing that gives me hope for the collection is that they are promoting them with real brushes instead of sponge brushes, so hopefully they should apply nicer.
smiles.gif

true.gif

I want one e/s, one pigment and two liners. After Red She Said & Co I will be broke
lol.gif

nunu

After reading the colour descriptions of the new metal urge es i looked at metal x descritptions and some kind of match but are under different names. There is a slight difference with whether it's gold or silver pigment but i don't think it makes a difference.

(metal x) pink ingot - mid-tone blue pink w/ gold pearlized pigments
(metal urge) Pink Platinum light blue/pink with silver pearl

(metal x) fusion gold - light pinky beige w/ gold pearlized pigments
(metal urge) Material Gold pale peach/beige with gold pearl

So these might be simmilar but different texture.

I'm sad they are not repromoting 6th sin and plum electric because these were gorgeous as well.

pat

I can't wait for this collection!

I wasn't into MAC back then so I never tried the other ones...

Question: What exactly are they?! Are they similar to a CCB or a paint pot?

smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
I can't wait for this collection!

I wasn't into MAC back then so I never tried the other ones...

Question: What exactly are they?! Are they similar to a CCB or a paint pot?

smiles.gif

Hmm... yes, you could compare the texture to the ones from Paint Pots and CCBs. Maybe more to CCBs. These are really creamy e/s as you can say so. I really like their finish but as I have oily lids they crease on me like mad...
th_dunno.gif

pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Hmm... yes, you could compare the texture to the ones from Paint Pots and CCBs. Maybe more to CCBs. These are really creamy e/s as you can say so. I really like their finish but as I have oily lids they crease on me like mad...
th_dunno.gif

Thanks Susanne!

hm... maybe try a primer? I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I used to use UDPP but I got a rash from it. ;/ Sometimes, even if I use a primer I tend to crease esp with CCBs. I think the trick is not to apply too much of it. haha

With that said, the colors are lovely and soooo pretty!!! I really can't wait. hahah

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
Thanks Susanne!

hm... maybe try a primer? I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I used to use UDPP but I got a rash from it. ;/ Sometimes, even if I use a primer I tend to crease esp with CCBs. I think the trick is not to apply too much of it. haha

With that said, the colors are lovely and soooo pretty!!! I really can't wait. hahah

I love f.y.eyes by Benefit, that works all day, but not with the Metal-X e/s. I prefer powder e/s
yes.gif

nunu

I use an eye primer (urban decay primer potion) top it with a paint pot that corrosponds to the metal x shadow and then apply the metal x shadow on top avoiding the crease area and where the eye folds. Then you can top that off with a powder es that corrosponds with the metal x shadow.

Example: UD PP then uppity fluidline (gold) then pure ore metal x shadow (gold) and top that off with goldmine es.

That way it doesn't crease on me.
smiles.gif

I
heart.gif
metal x.

Edit to add: Also try using a flat brush such as the 242 and patt it on the lid, don't swipe.

imperfectbeauty

i think i will pass on the shadows...paint pots crease easily on me and it's a pain to get them not to and i've heard so many people saying that metal-x shadows crease like crazy so im not going to bother. They are pretty but i dont think i would use them much anyways.

Bring on the glitter liners though!!! I dont use mine much but i love em when i do a neutral look with a pop of glitter!!!

Zantedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectbeauty
i think i will pass on the shadows...paint pots crease easily on me and it's a pain to get them not to and i've heard so many people saying that metal-x shadows crease like crazy so im not going to bother. They are pretty but i dont think i would use them much anyways.

Bring on the glitter liners though!!! I dont use mine much but i love em when i do a neutral look with a pop of glitter!!!

It looks to me like there aren't any glitter liners with this collection... just liquidlasts
th_dunno.gif
Is there some with another collection?

imperfectbeauty

ok...lol. then im totally skipping this collection...i could get liquid last liners for cheaper well certain ones at my CCO so im not going to bother with those.