MAC - Naturally Discussion

MACina

iagree.gif
.....this is a super pretty combo.

I am sure that is looks very beautiful on you Pinkdollface!

I got Blonde, Redhead and Subtle Breeze today. I'm wearing SB with Blonde on top as a blush and it's lovely.

MACina

Yes,the blushes are awesome!Such a lovely texture....it is really a pleasure to use them!
I got BUs of Blonde and Redhead.Especially Blonde is one of my favourite MSFs.

Jamiemikal13

If I am a pale cool toned person NW15-20, would this blush be too orange for me to purchase? i have heard so many people raving about it, but don't know how i would pull it off? thanks

fresh honey has been my go to blush all week! i love how i can sheer it out or make it more noticebale... and i was scared of the orange! i'm certainly not anymore!

xasperadastra

This is a comparison between A perfect day and Honeylove... I think they are quite similar!!

I have more pics and review on my blog!

Fresh honey

lmcmullen

I just got Fresh Honey yesterday. I like it, it doesn't look clownish on me at all, very natural.

I think it would work better on paler complexions than mine (I'm about NC25), since because of my skin tone I lose a bit of the contrast between the cheeks and the rest of my face.

I might use a slightly lighter foundation next time (I have 2 colors going at once) and see how that goes.

One thing I noticed is that it brought out the blue in my muddy dark blue-gray-green eyes, sort of like an orange or peach eyeshadow would (but without making me look like I have pinkeye like those do LOL).

ahoythere

I don't want to promise that it will work on you but I am NW15-20 and I was completely shocked by how great it looked on my cheeks. I had ZERO interest in this blush because it looked so yellow-orange and even when I swatched it on my wrist it still looked too orange, but somehow on my face it looks nice and peachy....somewhere between a bronzer and a blush, and it made me look healthier than I have in quite sometime. I think it is worth a shot and if it doesn't work out for you perhaps you can swap it? Hell, I might even want a back up so let me know if you get it and it doesn't work out! LOL.

BTW for application I have been using the 168 (contouring brush) and I am liking the way it applies, but also the 131 would be great.

Hope that helps!

Mac-Guy

I think it does wonders for pale NW complexions, especially if you have some redness in your cheeks. The orange-ness is absorbed by any red and/or pink undertones and turns FH in a beautiful peachy color. I use a cool-toned contour to balance the color out. Love it! And it's a great preparation for Modern Mandarin!
flower.gif

PS: I second the 131 for this particular blush!

PixieDancer

Just did a search for a dupe of the 131.
One site recommends Hakuhodo G545 brush. It looks VERY similar. Anyone tried these brushes? Thoughts?

I also saw someone compare the Sigma F15, but it looks flater and wider... so if it has a completely different density and shape I can't see how it's a dupe... But I do have a set of Sigma brushes that I like. But I'm on a search now for something like the 131...

Mac-Guy

One thing I noticed is that it brought out the blue in my muddy dark blue-gray-green eyes, sort of like an orange or peach eyeshadow would (but without making me look like I have pinkeye like those do LOL).
All these new orange products do wonders for blue eyes. Same goes for orange lippies. :)

HoneyMilk

For, me, I disagree. The orange really competes with my sometimes neon blue eye color... Kind of like wearing a bold eye with a bold lip. Maybe dark blue eyes or gray blue eyes.....

MRV

131 is a great brush for more pigmented blushes (and creme blushes). I've been thinking of getting a fan brush. Does anyone know if the PRO fan brush is still available?

MACina

I do not know where in Europe your are based but you might try to call a Pro Store and ask if they still have one in stock.
As far as I know it was still available at the Pro Store in Cologne/Germany not long ago.

Or,as Mac-Guy said,try it on ebay.
I got mine there too!

131 is a great brush for more pigmented blushes (and creme blushes). I've been thinking of getting a fan brush. Does anyone know if the PRO fan brush is still available?

martiangurll

Another NW15ish saying try the Fresh Honey. It is surprisingly wearable on pale complexions (as was Early Morning--at first I was like, wait, this is going back! but glad I took the plunge). The texture, is LIKE BUTTER.

I would say there is justification for getting A Perfect Day even if you have HoneyLove (if you like the color) because the finish is different. I prefer the APD finish over the Lustre finish of HoneyLove. APD is a creamsheen IIRC...

OOOh, I just had the idea of layering HoneyLove over APD!