MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

montREALady

That was my first thought as well. From T's swatches SV seems more pigmented and a touch warmer but too close for me. The other Magic Dust powder looks dry and terrible. Just the ED face compacts for me.

View attachment 56900

Thanks. I don't have Nars Orgasm but SV looks darker and definitely woc-friendly. I have a thing for blushes this tone.

Last edited:

montREALady

I can't post the pic right now, but an IG user suggested Becca Rose Spritz as a dupe, and I think it may be even closer. So, as lovely as SV looks, I am almost certainly passing.

Omg, I love Rosé Spritz! I use that the most from that palette. Well that and Pamplemousse. I sometimes layer them. RS is a good blush topper. Hilarious since some of us chased the palette down for Prosecco. I may still get SV because I don't mind something not in a palette.

Does anyone know if Devoted and Obsessed get early access on this?

Corally

I'm curious what the finish is of the lipstick in the nude lip bag. I really hope it's a cremesheen and not a lustre. Because it's so pretty!!

Not sure anymore about the ed duos... Tutu looks a bit too white/cooltoned for my liking and do I really need another WOG? Not really...

Marsha Pomells

Icecaramellatte

Sweet Vision is a must buy for me. Temptalia's swatches of the shadow are underwhelming but I'm still interested in the pink eyeshadows. May wait for in store too.

boschicka

stirfryedshana

Wow the RM Lipsticks look awful. I was kind of wanting Pandemonium (the color is very me, plus I love the name--I'm a big Shadowhunters fan and that's the name of the club from the show lol) but that swatch is not good. I think my list will just be Sweet Vision Magic Dust Powder and Leap of Delight & Saucy Little Darling Lipsticks. Tutu from the peach compact looks gorgeous but the other color is just eh.

Shars

Can we use the Taraji P Henson credit on this collection?

I hope to God we can 'cause that's why I've been saving mine for.

Wow the RM Lipsticks look awful. I was kind of wanting Pandemonium (the color is very me, plus I love the name--I'm a big Shadowhunters fan and that's the name of the club from the show lol) but that swatch is not good. I think my list will just be Sweet Vision Magic Dust Powder and Leap of Delight & Saucy Little Darling Lipsticks. Tutu from the peach compact looks gorgeous but the other color is just eh.

Those Retromattes in the swatch gallery are not from this collection. They are the Helmut Newton ones.

filio

I missed this comparison, newbie WOG looks really different. I like! This duo stays on the list for now lol.

I think the swatch of old whisper of gilt was blended in more compared to the new swatch and the newer one seems to be more pigmented. The blended version of the new WoG is almost the same as the old WOG

Corally

I think the swatch of old whisper of gilt was blended in more compared to the new swatch and the newer one seems to be more pigmented. The blended version of the new WoG is almost the same as the old WOG

Hmm could be! To me it seemed a bit more orangey in comparison. But it could be the way she swatched and/or the lighting issue. But Pleasure Model looks realllly nice (and I didn't buy it last time) so I think I'm going to pick it up anyway. Such a nice duo.

Last edited:

filio

Hmm could be! To me it seemed a bit more orangey in comparison. But it could be the way she swatched and/or the lighting issue. But Pleasure Model looks realllly nice (and I didn't buy it last time) so I think I'm going to pick it up anyway. Such a nice duo.

Im going to pick up this duo aswell my only pick from this collection!

LMarie21

Most definitely both the Copper and Peach compacts for me. I just called my local Macy's and they are going to start taking preorders tomorrow. I'll check out everything in store but holiday collections are always in stock - debating on getting lipsticks for friends/family since none of the colors pop out to me. I'm debating on preordering tomorrow or waiting for early access (if they do it for Obsessed members)...cause I do want my points lol...but then again, I'd rather just order and not worry about it lol...