MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

lipstickaddict

Yes! They had it up so long and given the buzz they should have only committed to what they could fulfill.

This often happens with The Bay in Canada. Unless you purchase the moment it launches, you never know if it will be cancelled since they often try to source it from stores if the warehouse is out. So frustrating!!!!!

sweetkitty

This often happens with The Bay in Canada. Unless you purchase the moment it launches, you never know if it will be cancelled since they often try to source it from stores if the warehouse is out. So frustrating!!!!!
Hudsons Bay customer service is horrific. I ordered the copper compact, the order "went through" but I never got a confirmation email or a payment confirmation (I paid with Paypal). I waited a day and then contacted cs, they didn't have record of the order at all. When I went back to see to get copper again it was out of stock (but still showed on the website as there). I contacted cs and they were clueless as to if they were getting more, then they said in-store on the 27th you can get them..ugh thanks that doesn't help me any.

alle685

Hudsons Bay customer service is horrific. I ordered the copper compact, the order "went through" but I never got a confirmation email or a payment confirmation (I paid with Paypal). I waited a day and then contacted cs, they didn't have record of the order at all. When I went back to see to get copper again it was out of stock (but still showed on the website as there). I contacted cs and they were clueless as to if they were getting more, then they said in-store on the 27th you can get them..ugh thanks that doesn't help me any.

Hey,
I was able to get one when it was released early but also pre-ordered one in store. If you aren't able to get now and want the one I pre-ordered, I will gladly ship it to you (I am in the GTA). If so, PM me...if not, I am just going to tell them to give it to whoever wants it.

MissTania

View attachment 57084

Here are some more swatches. :)

Left to Right: Sweet Vision, Yum Yum Yum, Copper Face Compact, Peach Face Compact.
All are one swipe except YYY and Pleasure Model which needed some building, but not too bad.

I'm DYING for Tutu in SPF. Seriously, it's beautiful. That was one solid swipe! I'm also loving the packaging on the face compacts. I'm contemplating getting a BU of Peach Face Compact!

They're all very pretty on you! Thanks for posting. I'm pretty sure I will get everything in your swatches!:cloud9:

montREALady

I see Macy's finally decided to put the rest of the collection on their website, so SV and Yum Yum are there along with all the other stuff that aren't in kits/sets that was missing last week. Also, Bloomies here, if you place the order online to pick up in store, looks like they're letting you do it asap instead of waiting until the 27th. For ex, Macy's says you can't pick up but you can go to the store to see samples.

elegant-one

Just got my Sweet Peach compact & I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! That highlighter is so beautiful! :sunshine::cloud9:

I'm not a fan of the packaging. It's a bit tacky :marchmellow:

Shars

Mine too, looks like the same time as yours, yesterday at 3:35pm (your post was 3:48pm). :rolleyes:

Mine is still processing but I had seen it on backorder and ordered before news of it even went on IG. Fingers crossed.... although, I did get an email re cancellation for my samples. I'm wondering then if they're going to ship mine from a store. I thought there store stock and online stock was different though so we'll see in 2 days. If not, I'm going to have to call around and place an order over the phone.

ohsoamazin

Guys, you all may feel like I'm digging for nothing but, I truly believe that the copper palette looks more oh darling than whisper of gilt. They are not the same color to me. Xan anyone who will have both in their possession swatch them both when they get?

I really do believe it's oh darling that's why I decided not to get it since I have Oh Darling plus I want to save for Mariah's collection and the new EDSFs. I just watched this YouTube video and she had the old WOG compared to the new one. You can definitely tell the difference. The old WOD is more peachy and the new one is a true gold. But again it could be their new formula. Since every makeup brand is competing for the ultimate true gold highlight and who can shine the best, I think MAC changed it a little to stay with the hype.

Here's the link to the video it's at 4:30 MAC Nutcracker Sweet LIMITED EDITION Holiday 2016 Collection ♡ Review, Swatches, Comparisons & Demo - YouTube

Last edited:

montREALady

Mine is still processing but I had seen it on backorder and ordered before news of it even went on IG. Fingers crossed.... although, I did get an email re cancellation for my samples. I'm wondering then if they're going to ship mine from a store. I thought there store stock and online stock was different though so we'll see in 2 days. If not, I'm going to have to call around and place an order over the phone.

So did I, I never saw it on IG then posted here after my order. I could have been super late though but I did a random search and it came up. I think they more ship clearance items from a store and sometimes if limited edition makeup pops up randomly on their website...like when I purchased the Proenza lippie like 6 months after the collection came out, lol. That came from a store. I've never heard of brand new, current or soon-to-be released makeup shipping from their store. We'll see. Hope you get it.

montREALady

I really do believe it's oh darling that's why I decided not to get it since I have Oh Darling plus I want to save for Mariah's collection and the new EDSFs. I just watched this YouTube video and she had the old WOG compared to the new one. You can definitely tell the difference. The old WOD is more peachy and the new one is a true gold. But again it could be their new formula. Since every makeup brand is competing for the ultimate true gold highlight and who can shine the best, I think MAC changed it a little to stay with the hype.

Here's the link to the video it's at 4:30 MAC Nutcracker Sweet LIMITED EDITION Holiday 2016 Collection ♡ Review, Swatches, Comparisons & Demo - YouTube

That would be nuts if MAC brought out another shade altogether and call it WoG (wouldn't be far-fetched but just dumb on their part, lol). I mean people liked it for the color so why mess with it intentionally, you know? Just call it something else like they did with Oh Darling. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow to compare it to OD at least since I don't have the og WoG. In my swatches the new one is straight up gold and I always thought it was supposed to be. I never knew it was supposed to have peachy tones!:

[video=youtube;a24I2KVcxxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24I2KVcxxU[/video]
(my swatch video of #2, not blended at all)

But it looks gold to me here too (lighter):
mac-whisper-of-gilt-skinfinish-swatch.jpg
Brown Girl Friendly Blog (OG WoG, 2012)

and here:
dsc01115-imp.jpg
(Simple Beauty Blog.
L-R: Spellbound, Mac Superb, Mac Whisper of Gilt, The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer, Laura Geller Sunswept
)

ohsoamazin

That would be nuts if MAC brought out another shade altogether and call it WoG (wouldn't be far-fetched but just dumb on their part, lol). I mean people liked it for the color so why mess with it intentionally, you know? Just call it something else like they did with Oh Darling. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow to compare it to OD at least since I don't have the og WoG. In my swatches the new one is straight up gold and I always thought it was supposed to be. I never knew it was supposed to have peachy tones!:

[video=youtube;a24I2KVcxxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24I2KVcxxU[/video]
(my swatch video of #2, not blended at all)

But it looks gold to me here too (lighter):
View attachment 57094
Brown Girl Friendly Blog (OG WoG, 2012)

and here:
View attachment 57095
(Simple Beauty Blog.
L-R: Spellbound, Mac Superb, Mac Whisper of Gilt, The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer, Laura Geller Sunswept
)

I personally haven't made swatches to compare because I don't own WOG but I was going to go to the store compare the new WOG to my OD. When OD came out I heard it was a slight difference because WOG had a peachyness in it but it's not so huge you would notice. I just found these new swatches on IG. The first one is all the releases of WOG. I understand repromoting you can't make an exact dupliciate but I feel the 1st & 2nd are closer to each other than the one now (I actually like the first one the most). However I do feel they couldn't make the same from the 2nd release because the finish still looks a slight different too or maybe they were just lazy wanted to make a new color put it as WOG because MAC knew everyone would bomb rush for it regardless idk

All the releases of WOG Instagram

Original WOG vs OD Instagram

Last edited: