MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil Collection - (April 3, 2014)

MACina

Yyyyyyup.

Thank you
pompom.gif

liba

My pal was RAVING about these today to me. It was his favorite new product at update.

They've got the same form factor as the shade sticks, with the self-sharpening packaging.

They are EVEN MORE glossy than the Huggables and also do that great thing the Huggables do about going on super smooth and eliminating lip texture and lip lines. When he told me that, I started shivering in me timbers, because that is THE BEST thing about the Huggables and there are even more colors to choose from in this collection.

He did say that MAC corporate wasn't expecting the Huggables to do as well as they have, so who knows….they may make another appearance sooner than later. Or maybe these Patentpolish pencils will go past Huggables??

Another thing he said about the pencils is he couldn't believe how they work, because they feel really hard in the stick they're formed into, but as soon as it touches the lips, you get this glossy and super smooth and easy to apply color.

All in all, I guess now I'm getting a little worked up about this collection too!
mac_atemywallet.gif

Kristin Bacon

My pal was RAVING about these today to me. It was his favorite new product at update.

They've got the same form factor as the shade sticks, with the self-sharpening packaging.

They are EVEN MORE glossy than the Huggables and also do that great thing the Huggables do about going on super smooth and eliminating lip texture and lip lines. When he told me that, I started shivering in me timbers, because that is THE BEST thing about the Huggables and there are even more colors to choose from in this collection.

He did say that MAC corporate wasn't expecting the Huggables to do as well as they have, so who knows….they may make another appearance sooner than later. Or maybe these Patentpolish pencils will go past Huggables??

Another thing he said about the pencils is he couldn't believe how they work, because they feel really hard in the stick they're formed into, but as soon as it touches the lips, you get this glossy and super smooth and easy to apply color.

All in all, I guess now I'm getting a little worked up about this collection too!
mac_atemywallet.gif
NICE!!!! im glad to hear that cuz after i read some ppl saying that these came out before and sucked and didnt stay on i was dissapointed cuz they sound cool. So if they are awesome like the beloved huggables for me im all about it

Kristin Bacon

and for the first time im loving the excluding asia colors!! Usually there exclusives are the ones that i think sound nice!!!

MACina

mac_atemywallet.gif

Thank you so much for sharing, liba!

I am suuuuuuuuuuper excited for these now
pompom.gif

liba

NICE!!!! im glad to hear that cuz after i read some ppl saying that these came out before and sucked and didnt stay on i was dissapointed cuz they sound cool. So if they are awesome like the beloved huggables for me im all about it
They might have a similar form factor to some old lip pencil glosses, but they sure don't work the same way….

BeautyFan55

These sound nice, I want Sultana, Hopelessly Devoted, Teen Dream, and Berry Bold. I also like Clever, but I guess that is not a U.S. color :(
I am looking forward to these as I love lip products.

Kristin Bacon

well im happy now cuz i wrote quite a big list down for these i wanna see. love shiny things for my lips!!! love mattes also but we all now we jus had matte fest 2013

Rezel

mac_atemywallet.gif
Thank you, liba. You had me at self-sharpening. I've resisted the Nars pencils because they're not self-sharpening. I think sharpening wastes the product.

Audrey C

mac_atemywallet.gif
I'd love to see more Huggables! I'm definitely a fan of those (as I expected to be). I don't think I'd like the pencils quite as much, simply because they tend to have less product in them for a similar price. For Canadians, $24 is the new $20 so that's a bit steep if there's as little product in these as some of the chubby type products out there.

I do love my Tarte Lipsurgence pencil but I got it in the Sephora Give Me Some Lip set and didn't have to pay full price for it. In fact, I think I'll buy the holiday collection next year (together with a MAC CSG holiday set) because the products are such a great deal that way.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I don't like the price, but I like the description for Pleasant, Go For Girlie, Fearless, and Kittenish. I'll wait for reviews before I decide to buy or skip.

ChosenOne

I think I will do my usual with this collection and just get one of these so I can try the new formula. April is already too expensive a month!!

texasmommy

I don't like the price, but I like the description for Pleasant, Go For Girlie, Fearless, and Kittenish. I'll wait for reviews before I decide to buy or skip.
Those are all the ones I like so far, too. Can't wait for swatches! Hope I don't like more than one or two ;)

liba

I'd love to see more Huggables! I'm definitely a fan of those (as I expected to be). I don't think I'd like the pencils quite as much, simply because they tend to have less product in them for a similar price. For Canadians, $24 is the new $20 so that's a bit steep if there's as little product in these as some of the chubby type products out there.

I do love my Tarte Lipsurgence pencil but I got it in the Sephora Give Me Some Lip set and didn't have to pay full price for it. In fact, I think I'll buy the holiday collection next year (together with a MAC CSG holiday set) because the products are such a great deal that way.
The self sharpening will help conserve product. Also, considering they're very stiff until you put them to your lips…sounds like a formula that won't get all soft and smooshy and therefore wasteful. I'm going to assume the actual number of applications won't be too different than a lipstick. Time will tell when they're out. I'm looking forward to these a little more than Playland, the way things are going.

Audrey C

The self sharpening will help conserve product. Also, considering they're very stiff until you put them to your lips…sounds like a formula that won't get all soft and smooshy and therefore wasteful. I'm going to assume the actual number of applications won't be too different than a lipstick. Time will tell when they're out. I'm looking forward to these a little more than Playland, the way things are going.
Oh, I do prefer self-sharpening lippies. I just haven't found one that isn't mostly packaging. The product often only goes halfway down and is far less than the volume of a lipstick. I usually roll them up alongside a lippie and compare. Maybe these will be different (that would be nice), but I'm not counting on it.

I'm with you on Playland - there's absolutely nothing that interests me in that collection at all. Actually, there's nothing an any of the collections we know about. I often like the big summer collection - I'm looking forward to hearing about that.

DarylandCarole

There are so many that I like the sound of! I've bought so many of the Nars ones at 25.00 each, so these will be better. And you don't have to sharpen these! MAC is very smart.