MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil Collection - (April 3, 2014)

OctoberViolet

I'm surprised we haven't seen any pics yet.
werd.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I really hope this has a good formula. In addition to Pleasant, Go For Girlie, Fearless, and Kittenish, I'm also interested in Sultana and Hopelessly Devoted. Damn! I already have a list, and we don't even have pics yet. :haha:

aradhana

Not 100% confirmed yet, but apparently these are the lipglass pencils, renamed, and in twist-up form instead of sharpen. I'll know more in a few days.
I have one of these in that case. I kind of liked the one I have - it's almost finished...I think called half nude. It matches a surprising number of lipsticks since it sort of blends and look s a lot like my natural skin tone. The twist up will be nice!

erine1881

I have one of these in that case. I kind of liked the one I have - it's almost finished...I think called half nude. It matches a surprising number of lipsticks since it sort of blends and look s a lot like my natural skin tone. The twist up will be nice!
My sister still has a half nude and the plum one, BNIB, that she's sending me, that I'll be adding to my sale thread.

martiangurll

My pal was RAVING about these today to me. It was his favorite new product at update. They've got the same form factor as the shade sticks, with the self-sharpening packaging. They are EVEN MORE glossy than the Huggables and also do that great thing the Huggables do about going on super smooth and eliminating lip texture and lip lines. When he told me that, I started shivering in me timbers, because that is THE BEST thing about the Huggables and there are even more colors to choose from in this collection. He did say that MAC corporate wasn't expecting the Huggables to do as well as they have, so who knows….they may make another appearance sooner than later. Or maybe these Patentpolish pencils will go past Huggables?? Another thing he said about the pencils is he couldn't believe how they work, because they feel really hard in the stick they're formed into, but as soon as it touches the lips, you get this glossy and super smooth and easy to apply color.  All in all, I guess now I'm getting a little worked up about this collection too! :macwallet:
okay low buy? Forgetaboutit. My wallet is toast. Huggable type formula in a no sharpen pencil? Im in!!

liba

I'm still hoping these are good - I'm using my Huggables like crazy, so if these are even equal to them, or better, well, it'll be hard to resist. There sounds like there will be some colors in this batch that I really wished had been available in the Huggables, like Berry Bold (the reds in Huggables weren't really my reds, sadly - very orange red is much better on me!)
The mauvey color in the Huggables wasn't a good color for me either and I passed on it, so if Kittenish and/or Patentpink work better on me than that one, I'll be excited.

Revved Up will be a yes for me, if it's anything like Runway Hit, Fresh & Frisky, etc. That sort of shade is super flattering on me, no matter what the finish is.

Bright pinks and fuchsias and dark colors sometimes are not my style if they're too glossy, even if they look nice, so the verdict is out for me on those shades in this formula.

I'm still sure I'll wind up with a small pile of the ones that do work for me. I'm looking forward to this collection much more than Proenza Schouler, By Request or even Playland. I did haul it on up with FoF, which really worked for me, but I think that'll be my main spring haul along with these Patentpolishes and then it'll be time to see what's on board for summer!
heat.gif

Kristin Bacon

Im the same with reds, i love a really orange red like lady danger and cockney. And im sure i will end up with a ton of these they sound amazing so far. the problem is by the description i want almost all of them
mac_wishlist.gif

Bcteagirl

This sounds very interesting! I only really use MAC dazzleglass right now (Bought one on a special, now on my second). However I was considering branching out to include more MAC, especially in daytime wearable colours. And all my lip pencils are cheap beauty supply store ones right now. I will certainly watch for this.

User38

I think.. that these are the patent polish ls. I never really know what I have worked on 24 mos prior, but will share with you guys what I do have. I think there are two other colours but I cannot find them now as they are filed away. The containers are the very same as the greasepaints.. they slide up when you move on the bottom. they are slick and shiny even tho my pics with no sun don't do them justice.. staying power is amazing. That is one reason why these are more expensive. sorry for the messy sticks -- these are still working testers and sunlight is scarce. Gotta get back to work!

hth

Kristin Bacon

I think.. that these are the patent polish ls. I never really know what I have worked on 24 mos prior, but will share with you guys what I do have. I think there are two other colours but I cannot find them now as they are filed away. The containers are the very same as the greasepaints.. they slide up when you move on the bottom. they are slick and shiny even tho my pics with no sun don't do them justice.. staying power is amazing. That is one reason why these are more expensive. sorry for the messy sticks -- these are still working testers and sunlight is scarce. Gotta get back to work!

hth
Thanku for sharing!!!