MAC Pencilled In Collection (Feb 5, 2015)

Jayjayy

Nightingale is EVERYTHING. So far it has gone beautifully with Maybelline's Divine Wine and Dose of Color Berry Me. When applied lightly it makes my lips look defined and shapely (unlike my bulging torso. Damn this winter weight!). On MAC, you've stolen my heart again.

bunnypoet

If I have soar, whirl, boldly bare.. Do I need edge to edge?
Yasss!!
poke.gif
Edge to Edge is lighter, pinker and airier. I just love it.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by bunnypoet The day I thought would never arrive - my Edge to Edge and Rosy Rim were finally released from UPS-MI purgatory and delivered to my house. It took at least seven calendar days to go coast to coast from Bloomies. I really feel like we've gone back in time with this shipping option. Anyway, I love the colors, especially Edge to Edge. I am going to get a lot of use out of it. Although..., my lip liner collection has grown exponentially so I don't know how any individual liner is going to get a lot of attention. And ColourPop has been taking over my makeup stash.

I'm glad you finally got your stuff. Waiting and wondering can be stressful! But seven calendar days is not so bad.

When i order from MAC on the on-line release Thursday, it will clear on Friday and if i'm lucky get packed then. It may ship Friday or maybe not until Monday. It takes 8 working days (not traveling on weekends) to get to California from their Tennessee warehouse. So i often don't get the package until 2 weeks later - that's 14 calendar days. And the UPS delivery person may or may not leave it on my porch, so it can take an extra day or two for me to catch them. Then there was that time they threw it into the backyard of the place i live - except i'm upstairs and don't have access to the yard - and that was the one week we had rain this winter, so i didn't know where it was and my little black box was sitting out in the rain for 5 days.

That's why i pick my stuff up in the local store when it isn't on-line-only or select-stores-only. I get it a week sooner than shipping takes.

bunnypoet

I'm glad you finally got your stuff. Waiting and wondering can be stressful! But seven calendar days is not so bad.

When i order from MAC on the on-line release Thursday, it will clear on Friday and if i'm lucky get packed then. It may ship Friday or maybe not until Monday. It takes 8 working days (not traveling on weekends) to get to California from their Tennessee warehouse. So i often don't get the package until 2 weeks later - that's 14 calendar days. And the UPS delivery person may or may not leave it on my porch, so it can take an extra day or two for me to catch them. Then there was that time they threw it into the backyard of the place i live - except i'm upstairs and don't have access to the yard - and that was the one week we had rain this winter, so i didn't know where it was and my little black box was sitting out in the rain for 5 days.

That's why i pick my stuff up in the local store when it isn't on-line-only or select-stores-only. I get it a week sooner than shipping takes.
Thank you!
flower.gif
Wow. 14 calendar days is a long time to wait for a package that is not mailed as super-slow bulk mail. Except for a few exceptions, it seems a lot of e-commerce sites have their warehouses on the East Coast, so the West Coasters have to wait a helluva long time for orders with regular shipping. And that is nuts that your MAC box was sitting in the rain for that long. I don't blame you for doing most of your purchases in-store. If the store is close by and your schedule permits, it's definitely the better option. My regular UPS guy is pretty good, but when he is off, the others don't ever knock on the door or ring the door bell. So sometimes perishable items bake in the sun for hours, even though at least one person is home. The lipsticks start sweating, the face creams start separating, the lip gloss gets a weird smell - not good. So I signed up for UPS My Choice so at least they text and email me when packages are delivered so I can have my of my family members bring them inside.

Shars

Wow! That is crazy. Does using the one day or two day shipping codes help at all? I would be so annoyed seeing everyone receiving their packages in 2-3 days while I have to wait that long. At least you seem to usually get lucky instore so that works out.

AnitaK

I am trying to resist the urge to go back this week to get more pencils. Holding out until at least next week...
girlhaha.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Shars Wow! That is crazy. Does using the one day or two day shipping codes help at all? I would be so annoyed seeing everyone receiving their packages in 2-3 days while I have to wait that long. At least you seem to usually get lucky instore so that works out.

Yeah, two day codes help, when there is one. If i order on Thursday, it gets to me on Tues.

That's what happened to the package in the rain. It was a two-day ship. A week later when i realized i hadn't received it - i'd forgotten it was a two-day ship - checking on-line said it was delivered and that the carrier had put it "in the back". It took me two days to find it. Fortunately, i could reach through the chain-links of the fence and manage to get the box out. It was soaked, and when i opened it, some of the famous black tissue paper was soaked, but it protected my makeup which was fine. Whew!

I'm lucky to have a local store in an area with a free parking lot. I've had unpleasant experiences shopping in a mall MAC. I'm old and fat, so i guess i don't fit the MAC image and it was ok to be rude to me. But the people at my local MAC have always been nice and helpful, and MAC counters in Nordstrom have always been fine, too.

Shars

Yeah, two day codes help, when there is one. If i order on Thursday, it gets to me on Tues.

That's what happened to the package in the rain. It was a two-day ship. A week later when i realized i hadn't received it - i'd forgotten it was a two-day ship - checking on-line said it was delivered and that the carrier had put it "in the back". It took me two days to find it. Fortunately, i could reach through the chain-links of the fence and manage to get the box out. It was soaked, and when i opened it, some of the famous black tissue paper was soaked, but it protected my makeup which was fine. Whew!

I'm lucky to have a local store in an area with a free parking lot. I've had unpleasant experiences shopping in a mall MAC. I'm old and fat, so i guess i don't fit the MAC image and it was ok to be rude to me. But the people at my local MAC have always been nice and helpful, and MAC counters in Nordstrom have always been fine, too.
Oh that was lucky that the tissue saved it!!

I'm so sorry that you had that experience. It sucks that so many companies these days don't take the time to ensure that people who have to deal with customers actually have customer service skills! Good that you've had better experiences since then! I think it's cool that you're into makeup still. I can't imagine not loving makeup when I'm 80 lol