MAC Pink 4 Friday Discussion

sss215

Saw the color today on Wendy Williams. The photo they showed of it looked like the Gaga lipstick, more Pink Nouveau than Girl About Town. No special packaging. I'll call the counter on Friday to see what's up.

couturesista

Yup, I also saw here promo on Wendy Williams today, I guess certain MAC employees aren't privy to certain info
shrugs.gif

spookafeller

eh, i'm underwhelmed. another way for mac to make a super-limited product that like 16 people will actually get to have.

DILLIGAF

eh, i'm underwhelmed. another way for mac to make a super-limited product that like 16 people will actually get to have.

You know what if its only online I will have to skip. I'm reaching a saturation point in my collection where I really have to decide if I NEED this. If its in stores I will go down and swatch GAT and PN and think long and hard before I pony up the dough for this lippie. I have GAT, PN, St Germaine and Lady Gaga lippie. Do I really need another one in this vein? Who knows the crazy person inside just may take over.

liba

You can see the lipstick and enter for a chance to win it here:
http://www.wendyshow.com/2010/11/17/nicki-minaj-mac-lipstick/

P.S. you can enter to win it without having to agree to their privacy policy/giveaway policy - which is good because otherwise the fine print allows them to spam you with god knows what promotional stuff.

Looks like a bit nicer shade than Gaga - not as chalky pale.

P.P.S. Contest is only open through 11-17 (tomorrow) 11:59 p.m. EST - so hurry if you want to sign up.

sss215

I never heard of her before. This collaboration seems like a departure for MAC.

I don't think so. MAC collaborates with music artists all the time. Nikki wears alot of colorful makeup that girls run specifically to MAC counters to re-create all the time. When I think of Nikki's make-up, I think of the colors from the Dare to Wear collection, lots of lashes and pink lipstick with everything. I never thought about Lady Gaga with that one, even though the color story said it was inspired by her.

If this it true, its going to be big deal. Girls like Nikki's look and $14.00 for a lipstick to buy into that is a done deal... during the holiday season too... yeah.

liba

I don't think so. MAC collaborates with music artists all the time. Nikki wears alot of color makeup that girls run specifically to MAC counters to re-create all the time. When I think of Nikki's make-up, I think of the colors from the Dare to Wear collection, lots of lashes and pink lipstick with everything. I never thought about Lady Gaga with that one, even though the color story said it was inspired by her.

If this it true, its going to be big deal. Girls like Nikki's look and $14.00 for a lipstick to buy into that is a done deal... during the holiday season too... yeah.
From what it looks like on her blog, they're tying some of her album promotional stuff to breast cancer awareness too. Dunno if the lipstick will have a charitable tie-in or not, but it'd be cool and another socially conscious move for MAC. 'Hope they give it a good spin like that.

_tiffany

I couldn't respond to this thread earlier at work on my phone, must be the new layout! Anyway, I e-mailed MAC and they confirmed that it is true:

Quote: Hello Tiffany:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at MAC Cosmetics Online.

We appreciate the opportunity to confirm that Nicki Minaj has collaborated with MAC Cosmetics Online to develop a limited edition lipstick. Please check back with our Web site on 11/22/10 for additional information.

We hope you will continue to visit us at MAC Cosmetics Online. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. If you would like to speak with one of our representatives at any time, please call 1-800-588-0070.

Best regards,

Heather
MAC Cosmetics Online
Customer Service

Maybe the reason MAC MA's don't know about it is because it seems to be an online exclusive. I am so excited for this, I've been a fan of Nicki's since 2007 (I think)! I just love her and will definitely be getting this even if it's online only.

LMD84

well i do actually quite like the look of the lippie! but i will have to see if it comes to the uk before getting my heart set on getting it1 i dont wanna be dissapointed!

sss215

Customer Service
Maybe the reason MAC MA's don't know about it is because it seems to be an online exclusive. I am so excited for this, I've been a fan of Nicki's since 2007 (I think)! I just love her and will definitely be getting this even if it's online only.
after monday, album releases monday. thanks for checking!

it looks a little deeper than the gaga lippie, so i may look into getting it. hope there is a free shipping code! a picture is in this thread: http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/171788/rumored-nikki-minaj-mac-collaboration#post_2053469

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm... Hard to tell if this is something I need or not. I really like bold colours, but in the tube, it just looks like Gaga to me. Hopefully, someone will post swatches after the first week it's available, so I can make a better informed decision.