MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

Monsy

I have never tried that either
hmm.gif
i liked how refined golden looked on same swatches

unraveling

I'm NC45.......medium plus, do you think?
I'm stuck on my bobbi brown bb cream, but am willing to give this a try

KiKi Kontour

mac bb is too greasy/oily for me even when i set it with studio fix powder! its goin back becuz it never fails n breaks me out....not massive break out but i ALWAYS end up wit at least ONE pimple after wearin it lol.

miss0annette

mac bb is too greasy/oily for me even when i set it with studio fix powder! its goin back becuz it never fails n breaks me out....not massive break out but i ALWAYS end up wit at least ONE pimple after wearin it lol.
Really? I love it. It is a bit on the dewy side but I dust a little bit of MSFN over it and I'm good all day.

meaghanb123

I used the amber color today for the first time (in the tube) and it had a totally different feel from one I'd used before in the compact (not one of the bronzer shades just as an FYI). The amber was really hard to blend in- it wasn't emollient at all- I actually had to mix it in with some moisturizer just to try to blend it. The color was nice, not orange at all but there wasn't a whole lot of color to it. I could see using it as a contour but I'm at a loss as to how to use it as a bb balm/ primer all over the face.

erine1881

I used the amber color today for the first time (in the tube) and it had a totally different feel from one I'd used before in the compact (not one of the bronzer shades just as an FYI). The amber was really hard to blend in- it wasn't emollient at all- I actually had to mix it in with some moisturizer just to try to blend it. The color was nice, not orange at all but there wasn't a whole lot of color to it. I could see using it as a contour but I'm at a loss as to how to use it as a bb balm/ primer all over the face.
The tube and compact are for different skin types. That's why there's a different texture between the two.

patentg33k

How are they being used? all over?
I'm also NC15/20, my MAC SA suggested Amber liquid for my combo skin. I could have gone with Golden, which is lighter, as a more subtle bronzer. I liked Amber because it is a touch darker, and Golden was a little too yellow for my taste (your mileage may vary).

I'm using this as a bronzer that melts into my liquid foundation. So, hairline, "3" around the tops of cheeks, top of brow, and down toward the chin a bit. Because both my foundation and Amber are liquids, I thought the blending was good and the Amber can be applied sheerly. I like the look--I was surprised. I wouldn't use it all over my face, it just would not match the rest of my arms/neck, etc., but as a natural looking bronzer I thought it was nice.

I actually thought that the color was fine to blend with--because it can be easily applied sheerly I can get a "not tooooo dark" look for my coloring.

meaghanb123

So today I used my 130 brush to apply my moisturizer then went in with the amber on the same brush and buffed it all over. I dunno if it was the brush or the moisturizer being applied then the amber quickly but all of a sudden the color really showed up! I had fake tanned my body last night and this was perfec tto make me match the rest of my body. I looked very dark! It was like night and day compared with using it yesterday with my hands....

erine1881

So today I used my 130 brush to apply my moisturizer then went in with the amber on the same brush and buffed it all over. I dunno if it was the brush or the moisturizer being applied then the amber quickly but all of a sudden the color really showed up! I had fake tanned my body last night and this was perfec tto make me match the rest of my body. I looked very dark! It was like night and day compared with using it yesterday with my hands....
Yeah...these aren't supposed to be used all over the face. They're meant to be used just like any other bronzer, the only difference is that they're in a liquid or cream form, and they're a BB instead of a traditional powder. Just throwin that out there, cuz i know people are gonna start using this all over the face.

patentg33k

You know, I've been playing with a lot of foundations over the past year, and a few fluids have been on the thicker side. Although my MAC BB doesn't feel thick to me, what I do with these foundations is to put on a too-light layer to start with (like way less than I know that I want), then add more light layers until you get the effect that you like. I've never had to cut a thick foundation using this technique, and the effect looks more buffed down and non-cakey. Maybe give this a try?

Latest posts