MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

Copperhead

Which do you think would be a match for NC42? I ordered medium but its too dark for me, I may send it back or sell it for the price i purchased it for. Any suggestions?
I was thinking Light 02 looks like it might be a fit but I'm not sure. It might be closest to NC45.

abjarrett

I'd say go ahead and get the Sleek BB, it's awesome. I run an NW42-50 in MAC(don't ask) and the Sleek BB in Medium is a perfect match for everything including my deep yellow undertones. I've serioulsy just about given up on American brands to be inclusive to women of colour with their foundation shades, one of the reasons I stopped wearing MAC almost a decade ago. These are the colours of the Sleek BB's, the colours I'm going to be giving away are the Light 01, Light 02, Medium and Medium 01.
Light 02 looks like it might be a match for me. I might have to try this one instead of the MAC one.

annemariemakeup

Does anyone know when they will launch in Canada? They're on the US site by not on the Canadian site yet. I find it weird that they haven't been released in Canada yet!

keyflyhair

Was this in the compact or liquid? I was going to purchase Dark in the compact. I might reconsider that. I'm a NC45/50. Have you gotten the chance to try Dark Plus?
Dark Plus is ideal for NC45. I am NC45/F&B C7 and I use Dark Plus in BB Cream and Tinted Moisturizer.

miss0annette

So did anyone get this in liquid form? I might pick it up this weekend. I want to try a new lighter routine as I go back to work next week. Back to waking up at 6:30am and I'm not sure how much time ill have to do my makeup. ;)

martiangurll

So did anyone get this in liquid form? I might pick it up this weekend. I want to try a new lighter routine as I go back to work next week. Back to waking up at 6:30am and I'm not sure how much time ill have to do my makeup. ;)
Not sure if this helps because I am referring to the previous formulation but the MAC bb did not have enough coverage for me to use as stand alone in place of foundation. I have redness that absolutely has to be concealed if I do a full face. Granted if you are willing to pair it with a good concealer it would work but counterproductive if you are trying to save time. Thats why I prefer the smashbox bb cream. It's more like a tm with medium coverage. This is coming from a certified MAC hoor who otherwise uses MAC for everything else.

miss0annette

Not sure if this helps because I am referring to the previous formulation but the MAC bb did not have enough coverage for me to use as stand alone in place of foundation. I have redness that absolutely has to be concealed if I do a full face. Granted if you are willing to pair it with a good concealer it would work but counterproductive if you are trying to save time. Thats why I prefer the smashbox bb cream. It's more like a tm with medium coverage. This is coming from a certified MAC hoor who otherwise uses MAC for everything else.
This helps a lot! Funny, I recently picked up a sample of the smashbox bb but the sample was in medium and was too dark for me. Maybe I'll go back and sample the lighter color to see if I like it.

MissTT

Girl, you said it! I keep cringing every time I hear someone suggest a client can use BB cream as a primer under foundation. I truly can't imagine how that would look or feel. Especially in this humidity.

And powdering with foundation? Lord! That is why I walked out of MAC about 4 years ago. I told the MUA I had really oily skin and asked for a recommendation to keep my makeup from breaking down. She recommended I top the liquid Matte foundation with Studio Fix powder. I said, "Isn't that a foundation?" I was referring to the powder. She said, "Yeah" "So you want me to wear two foundations?" She said yeah again giving me a look like how dare I question her. She hadn't even bothered to stop leaning on the counter to speak to me. Since she was being rude I just laughed in her face and walked out. Who would recommend all that makeup to an oily, acne-prone person. Especially for Chicago in July.

erine1881

Girl, you said it! I keep cringing every time I hear someone suggest a client can use BB cream as a primer under foundation. I truly can't imagine how that would look or feel. Especially in this humidity. And powdering with foundation? Lord! That is why I walked out of MAC about 4 years ago. I told the MUA I had really oily skin and asked for a recommendation to keep my makeup from breaking down. She recommended I top the liquid Matte foundation with Studio Fix powder. I said, "Isn't that a foundation?" I was referring to the powder. She said, "Yeah" "So you want me to wear two foundations?" She said yeah again giving me a look like how dare I question her. She hadn't even bothered to stop leaning on the counter to speak to me. Since she was being rude I just laughed in her face and walked out. Who would recommend all that makeup to an oily, acne-prone person. Especially for Chicago in July.
*facepalm

MissTT

BB Cream feels like foundation to me. Maybe even heavier. Probably b/c I apply a pretty thin layer of foundation. For giggles I may try to wear both at the same time. I'll probably look like I'm wearing a mask. Unless you have severely uneven skintone and normal to dry skin I couldn't imagine combining the two would be the most flattering look. Well, not very natural looking anyway. I suppose it may have to do with preferences though. I work with a girl who LOVES the full coverage look. My daughter also dislikes her skin showing. These girls are both around 21. Covering up that young skin.

Prettypackages

Girl, you said it! I keep cringing every time I hear someone suggest a client can use BB cream as a primer under foundation. I truly can't imagine how that would look or feel. Especially in this humidity.

And powdering with foundation? Lord! That is why I walked out of MAC about 4 years ago. I told the MUA I had really oily skin and asked for a recommendation to keep my makeup from breaking down. She recommended I top the liquid Matte foundation with Studio Fix powder. I said, "Isn't that a foundation?" I was referring to the powder. She said, "Yeah" "So you want me to wear two foundations?" She said yeah again giving me a look like how dare I question her. She hadn't even bothered to stop leaning on the counter to speak to me. Since she was being rude I just laughed in her face and walked out. Who would recommend all that makeup to an oily, acne-prone person. Especially for Chicago in July.
lmao at you laughing and walking out.

pinkpaint

When I went to pick up my Indulge items I decided to take a look at these. The SA at my store was so nice. I got Dark Plus and it matches very nicely. He applied it with a 188 and when I looked in the mirror I was in love. Such a great finish. I have combo skin but the dry areas are super dry and make foundation look cakey. Not this. A had a little bit of Studio Finish Concealer on a couple dark spots and combined with this it's a perfect everyday face. And the best part is, hours later, my aunt told me my skin looked so nice and asked was I wearing anything. I haven't been a huge fan of MAC's face products in the past but I'm loving this
heart2.gif

Addict4MAC

So I FINALLY got my hands on this in liquid form. First she tried Medium Deep (?) but it was too light. Then she tried Medium Dark which looked fine in the store. But once I tried it out on my own...it was TOO LIGHT!
ohboy.gif
I should have known better! But once I put on my MSFN in Medium Deep it was fine. Would Medium Plus be the next shade up? I'm NC43 for reference.

Mac-Guy

So I FINALLY got my hands on this in liquid form. First she tried Medium Deep (?) but it was too light. Then she tried Medium Dark which looked fine in the store. But once I tried it out on my own...it was TOO LIGHT!
ohboy.gif
I should have known better! But once I put on my MSFN in Medium Deep it was fine. Would Medium Plus be the next shade up? I'm NC43 for reference.
The complete BB collection runs very light. Definitely try it in store again before you commit to a purchase.