MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

KMQE716

I usually set with my MSFN for a dewy finish, or that's what ends up happening once i use it, my face gets a dewy effect. Any other MAC powder is going to turn it demi-matte and further along

Addict4MAC

I usually set with my MSFN for a dewy finish, or that's what ends up happening once i use it, my face gets a dewy effect. Any other MAC powder is going to turn it demi-matte and further along
Okay, I'll just have to test it out in the store! I have MSFN already, so it's on less thing to purchase. Thanks for the tip!

martiangurll

I'm liking it very much too, but I'd say there's no point in using it unless you have dark spots you're trying to lighten and even then, you'll have to be using it every day regularly. I do have a stubborn dark spot that it's been tackling, but it's far from disappeared.

I do really like that it doesn't irritate my eye area like many sunscreens do really badly. The only thing about BB and CC creams that seems a little hypey is honestly you do not use as much of a BB cream as you would a regular sunscreen, so I don't think you're really getting the protection or coverage you ought to have, unless you are willing to really slather it on.

All in all, it lets me get some sunscreen in my eye area (where most of my dark spots are anyways), but I still feel like I need to use regular sunscreen on other parts of my face if I really want full sun protection.
wouldn't it be better to just get a product dedicated to lightning or just do str8 vitamin C for that purpose??? I can't imagine any of the CC creams really having enough ingredient concentration to lighten. Just to keep further damage from happening b/c of the sun blockage. I guess every little bit helps though...
shrugs.gif

KiKi Kontour

my "dark" BB cream came in. im still BAFFLED as to whyyyyy the colors dnt correspond to the correct complexion
huh2.gif
(never mind my other swatch...its Dominate from Nude n Metallic Coll) just fyi for refrence im #170 MUFE HD, C6 mac face n body, med drk msf and medium in smashbox bb

181809_10201607734305268_1695797529_n.jpg

luvlydee

my "dark" BB cream came in. im still BAFFLED as to whyyyyy the colors dnt correspond to the correct complexion
huh2.gif
(never mind my other swatch...its Dominate from Nude n Metallic Coll) just fyi for refrence im #170 MUFE HD, C6 mac face n body, med drk msf and medium in smashbox bb

thanks for this.. im also c6 in face and body but im 173 in mufe so i think i would have to go with dark plus since im a bit darker than you. but idk if im going to even buy this yet. i already adore my face and body so we shall see

luvlydee

I tested this out today and I must say I like it . It was hot here (high 90s) and it held up well. I got the darkest shade available -Dark Deep and I'm an NC50 and it was a good match for my skin. I did set it with MSFN. I was wearing sunglasses and I like the fact that it did not leave an outline on my skin where the shades rested. So far I'm very happy with this BB cream.
i always have an outline on my face when i wear shades even when i have no makeup on lmao (except for my raybans since they are sooo light)

martiangurll

huh2.gif

this was a huge fail for MAC letting down our ladies of the deeper complexion range. I don't know why its so hard to get good CC or BB creams for WOC. Maybe the sunblock ingredients have white pigmentation that just make it impossible to cancel out? That is no where near a match! SMH
I am becoming convinced there is no way to get a decent sunblock into a foundation, TM or BB/CC cream that doesn't look super white under flash, jack up the pigmentation so they can't get deeper tones, or cause major acne using the chemical rather than the skin friendly mineral blocking ingredients.

Hopefully technology will prove me wrong but not sure we are there yet. In the meantime, I have to look like a bag lady when I go out between 10 and 2 wearing bug eyed sunglasses and a hat.

How are you liking Dominate?? That seems like a KiKi color to me!

Copperhead

this was a huge fail for MAC letting down our ladies of the deeper complexion range. I don't know why its so hard to get good CC or BB creams for WOC. Maybe the sunblock ingredients have white pigmentation that just make it impossible to cancel out? That is no where near a match! SMH
I am becoming convinced there is no way to get a decent sunblock into a foundation, TM or BB/CC cream that doesn't look super white under flash, jack up the pigmentation so they can't get deeper tones, or cause major acne using the chemical rather than the skin friendly mineral blocking ingredients.

Hopefully technology will prove me wrong but not sure we are there yet. In the meantime, I have to look like a bag lady when I go out between 10 and 2 wearing bug eyed sunglasses and a hat.

Right. That's what I mentioned a few days ago. The more SPF they put into it, the harder it is to get it dark. Sleeks' BB only has SPF15 in it therefore, it's the darkest I've seen so far as far as BB's go.

Look at this picture. (Credit to getgawjus.com) It's Sleek's Medium and their Medium is darker than MAC's Dark.

ETA: Also, check out Vex In The City's review on Sleek's Medium and Dark. She says she's an NC50.

Addict4MAC

Right. That's what I mentioned a few days ago. The more SPF they put into it, the harder it is to get it dark. Sleeks' BB only has SPF15 in it therefore, it's the darkest I've seen so far as far as BB's go.

Look at this picture. (Credit to getgawjus.com) It's Sleek's Medium and their Medium is darker than MAC's Dark.
Thanks for posting this!

KiKi Kontour

that makes soooo much sense but i think WOC darker than me should do BB creams specifically made for US. i mean i know im like a neutral medium tone lol but for darker women i'd definitely try Iman, Black Opal and AJ Crimson BB creams becuz they are made for US...and BY us (hahaha remember FUBU). from the swatch in person (sorry for the lighting) omgggg its soooo gorgeous. i had seen Temptalia swatch n almost 2nd guessed it but ive been on a dark vampy lip kick so i took a chance!! loooove it n im excited to pair it wit nightmoth...maybe even vino

erine1881

this was a huge fail for MAC letting down our ladies of the deeper complexion range.  I don't know why its so hard to get good CC or BB creams for WOC.  Maybe the sunblock ingredients have white pigmentation that just make it impossible to cancel out?  That is no where near a match!  SMH I am becoming convinced there is no way to get a decent sunblock into a foundation, TM or BB/CC cream that doesn't look super white under flash, jack up the pigmentation so they can't get deeper tones, or cause major acne using the chemical rather than the skin friendly mineral blocking ingredients.   Hopefully technology will prove me wrong but not sure we are there yet.  In the meantime, I have to look like a bag lady when I go out between 10 and 2 wearing bug eyed sunglasses and a hat.   How are you liking Dominate??  That seems like a KiKi color to me!
It's unfortunate that WOC can't find a BB to match, and i wouldn't even begin to understand what that would feel like, but honestly, since US BB creams are pretty much worthless, i wouldn't fret. Stick with a tinted moisturizer and you're golden. And it isn't the SPF that causes the white flashback, just throwing that out there. It's a misconception that for some reason just won't shake. It's a certain ingredient that is at times used as an SPF agent, but it's not the the SPF factor that does it.

prtylittlesyko

I'd say go ahead and get the Sleek BB, it's awesome. I run an NW42-50 in MAC(don't ask) and the Sleek BB in Medium is a perfect match for everything including my deep yellow undertones. I've serioulsy just about given up on American brands to be inclusive to women of colour with their foundation shades, one of the reasons I stopped wearing MAC almost a decade ago. These are the colours of the Sleek BB's, the colours I'm going to be giving away are the Light 01, Light 02, Medium and Medium 01.