MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

BeautyByLele

I went and picked this up today in Dark Deep, Im going to give it a try this weekend. I have no experience with BB creams, this is my first time trying one so I cant wait to see what the hype is all about. And yes the colors and descriptions are very misleading. This thing mac calls adding darker shade ranges is crap... .. nothing is dark at all about these new colors

Addict4MAC

Wait so the stores do have the new color now? Could've sworn I read August.

Edit: So that's what MSO stands for...

July 4th-MSO/Online
August 15-Counters

And why Erin asked if I was near a store.
fool.gif

erine1881

Wait so the stores do have the new color now? Could've sworn I read August. Edit: So that's what MSO stands for... July 4th-MSO/Online August 15-Counters And why Erin asked if I was near a store.:durr:
Just curious cuz i was gonna say get colour matched as the darker colours are misleading.

RedLadi

I hope these have different undertone choices. So far all my bb cream ventures have lead to disappointment... i found one at my bbs by Kiss fir woc..but it gets so oily so fast. I hope mac has a better formula ...

Addict4MAC

Just curious cuz i was gonna say get colour matched as the darker colours are misleading.
Oh no! That came off wrong. I meant that's probably why you asked if I was near a counter since the new shades were already released in MAC stores and I don't actually have to wait until August to get matched at a department store.
smiles.gif

Do you recommend using the brush that is being promoted with the collection? Or a different one?

erine1881

Oh no! That came off wrong. I meant that's probably why you asked if I was near a counter since the new shades were already released in MAC stores and I don't actually have to wait until August to get matched at a department store. :) Do you recommend using the brush that is being promoted with the collection? Or a different one?
Oh i see! The 191 is ok, but i prefer that for primers and moisturizers. I'd recommend a duo fibre instead, whether it's the 130, 131, or 188.

GiGi27

August 15-Counters
And why Erin asked if I was near a store.
fool.gif
So I have seen the BB (tube version) out at some stores. But I over heard a manager telling an associate that the compact still has not come out and stores should not be displaying them until they do. Which is in August, the official re-launch. But IDC we have waited long enough for some color.

Addict4MAC

So I have seen the BB (tube version) out at some stores. But I over heard a manager telling an associate that the compact still has not come out and stores should not be displaying them until they do. Which is in August, the official re-launch. But IDC we have waited long enough for some color.
Thanks for sharing! I suppose I should call my local MAC before heading over...

GiGi27

I spoke with CS she told me medium plus ! You think she didn't know what she was talking about ?
I'm not sure I had to get a sample of dark and dark plus. I am NC42/ C5. Dark was just about right but I got the plus to test cuz I'm a bit darker at summer. The medium dark I tried was too light. But u can always add some MSFN to get it to work for you if the medium plus is too light. Give it a try!

KiKi Kontour

Ok ladies and dudes, I just returned from the MAC store with this product in Dark Deep. I'm around an NC50-NC55. When the SA was applying this I was thinking it reminded me of the Smashboxx BB Cream. I just looked it up to compare. Both have SPF 35 and wait for it......THE EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS. If you own Smashbox BB Cream you prob don't need this. I had not purchased the Smashbox yet, just had a sample from Sephora so I was cool about using my Pro discount for the MAC one which btw has slightly more product, 1.3 fl oz to Smashbox's 1.0 fl oz. I knew to check the ingredients because Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid have the EXACT same ingredients. MAC and Smashbox are both under the Estee Lauder umbrella of brands.

EDIT: I got Dark Deep NOT Deep Plus sorry bout that.
smashbox bb is my holy grail for the summer. i have no desire to try any other brand HOWEVER...when i seen mac was comin out wit one i figured i'd give it a chance becuz it's 30 vs their 40. im soooo disappointed these are so dmn light. i couldnt believe it when my mac chick said get DARK cuz in smashbox i use MED!! i told her she bet not have me walkin round lookin like phkn SAMBO or im on her azz!!
icon_eek.gif

im bout to take a chance n order it in dark today (along w/dominate)

liba

the jury is still out for me wit the CC cream! i got a sample from sephora n only tried it once tho
I'm liking it very much too, but I'd say there's no point in using it unless you have dark spots you're trying to lighten and even then, you'll have to be using it every day regularly. I do have a stubborn dark spot that it's been tackling, but it's far from disappeared.

I do really like that it doesn't irritate my eye area like many sunscreens do really badly. The only thing about BB and CC creams that seems a little hypey is honestly you do not use as much of a BB cream as you would a regular sunscreen, so I don't think you're really getting the protection or coverage you ought to have, unless you are willing to really slather it on.

All in all, it lets me get some sunscreen in my eye area (where most of my dark spots are anyways), but I still feel like I need to use regular sunscreen on other parts of my face if I really want full sun protection.

BeautyByLele

I tested this out today and I must say I like it . It was hot here (high 90s) and it held up well. I got the darkest shade available -Dark Deep and I'm an NC50 and it was a good match for my skin. I did set it with MSFN. I was wearing sunglasses and I like the fact that it did not leave an outline on my skin where the shades rested. So far I'm very happy with this BB cream.

Prettypackages

I tested this out today and I must say I like it . It was hot here (high 90s) and it held up well. I got the darkest shade available -Dark Deep and I'm an NC50 and it was a good match for my skin. I did set it with MSFN. I was wearing sunglasses and I like the fact that it did not leave an outline on my skin where the shades rested. So far I'm very happy with this BB cream.
can't wait to check it out.

destine2grow

Swatch of DARK DEEP , I'm a NC50 for reference
52a528d9_image.jpeg
db6e7d21_image.jpeg
ad0107d4_image.jpeg
08541196_image.jpeg
Thank you so much for posting! I will purchase it soon!

BeautyByLele

I posted in another thread but I'll post a pic here as well. I'm wearing the new BB Cream in shade Dark Deep NOTE * I am wearing MSFN in Dark on top to set it
a6384ff5_image.jpeg
b70b51a5_image.jpeg