MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

destine2grow

I love the smashbox one. Have not tried mufe. One use I do like the MAC bb cream for is great for under the eye to give a good matte finish with that extra spf and it does not settle into fine lines like other matte concealers. Hth
Thanks for that info. I really wanted to try Mac BB cream but oh well. I am definitely going to give smashbox bb cream a try. Have you tried Smacbox CC cream?

bluelitzer

Super, super drying, even with moisturizer :( and I'm usually quite oily.
icon_eek.gif
awe... sad.

GiGi27

Oh I'm sooo confused! Should I go by what color I am in the moisture tint? Ugh MAC get it together. I'm NC42 so if anyone knows what's equivalent, please share.

erine1881

Yes, I'm near a counter. I was color matched to NC43 in Studio Tech with MSFN in Medium Deep to set because the skin is lighter in the center of my face but darker around my hairline/chin.
Definitely get matched before getting this. Based on the swatches, these aren't as dark as everyone had hoped for. :(
This is amazing! Im happy to see more companies doing deeper shades of BB creams. Im excited 
Too bad they won't actually work for most WOC! :mad:

Debbs

I had a moment of hope when I first saw the swatches on Mac's website. This just really re-iterate why I love going to the stores versus online ordering. Specktra swatches are also so much more reliable to go by. I think that if Mac is going to use these kind of misleading representations of their products then I will never think anything negative of dissatisfied customers returning mass amounts of items to them. Can you tell I am upset? lol...So sad! Thank God my routine or whatever it is that I have going on is not hurting even though having an alternate option would have been nice. To imagine for a minute thought I would be Dark Plus! Right now I am DOL, DARK OUTTA LUCK!

destine2grow

N
I had a moment of hope when I first saw the swatches on Mac's website. This just really re-iterate why I love going to the stores versus online ordering. Specktra swatches are also so much more reliable to go by. I think that if Mac is going to use these kind of misleading representations of their products then I will never think anything negative of dissatisfied customers returning mass amounts of items to them. Can you tell I am upset? lol...So sad! Thank God my routine or whatever it is that I have going on is not hurting even though having an alternate option would have been nice. To imagine for a minute thought I would be Dark Plus! Right now I am DOL, DARK OUTTA LUCK! We both are DARK OUT OF LUCK! Lol

Copperhead

I had a moment of hope when I first saw the swatches on Mac's website. This just really re-iterate why I love going to the stores versus online ordering. Specktra swatches are also so much more reliable to go by. I think that if Mac is going to use these kind of misleading representations of their products then I will never think anything negative of dissatisfied customers returning mass amounts of items to them. Can you tell I am upset? lol...So sad! Thank God my routine or whatever it is that I have going on is not hurting even though having an alternate option would have been nice. To imagine for a minute thought I would be Dark Plus! Right now I am DOL, DARK OUTTA LUCK!
lol.gif

KMQE716

This isn't funny but LOL

Pinkdollface

Quote: Originally Posted by Gabriella24

I think http://www.bbcreamshop.eu/ seems better than the other one. The other one has too ridiculously high price.
And the canmake is an drugstore brand from Japan. Very cheap and awesome products can be found from them. Such as cream blushes and high lights, etc.

but back to bb cream, I have used skin79 the pink bottle. If you wanna try, I can give it to you to let you test before you buy it. Skin79 and dr.Brandt are quite thick formula, but stays quite well. Color wise, I think you are fair enough to pass the looking too ashy grey of asian fair color.

Anyway, I have one brand to recommand, it is banila. Co. They have fun packagings and very versatile ranges of bb creams for different purposes and skin types.

Yes one is indeed more expensive, but that one also has cc creams.
Thanks for your input on the bb creams and the offer to send me some to try out! I can't afford any bb cream right now and I'm just gonna work with the foundations and bb creams I have. If I ever decide I'm going to try some I'll think about your offer and let you know:) If I try it out now and like it I'll be sad that I can't get it.

macgirl3121

Ok ladies and dudes, I just returned from the MAC store with this product in Dark Deep. I'm around an NC50-NC55. When the SA was applying this I was thinking it reminded me of the Smashboxx BB Cream. I just looked it up to compare. Both have SPF 35 and wait for it......THE EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS. If you own Smashbox BB Cream you prob don't need this. I had not purchased the Smashbox yet, just had a sample from Sephora so I was cool about using my Pro discount for the MAC one which btw has slightly more product, 1.3 fl oz to Smashbox's 1.0 fl oz. I knew to check the ingredients because Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid have the EXACT same ingredients. MAC and Smashbox are both under the Estee Lauder umbrella of brands.

EDIT: I got Dark Deep NOT Deep Plus sorry bout that.

Copperhead

Ok ladies and dudes, I just returned from the MAC store with this product in Dark Plus. I'm around an NC50-NC55. When the SA was applying this I was thinking it reminded me of the Smashboxx BB Cream. I just looked it up to compare. Both have SPF 35 and wait for it......THE EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS. If you own Smashbox BB Cream you prob don't need this. I had not purchased the Smashbox yet, just had a sample from Sephora so I was cool about using my Pro discount for the MAC one which btw has slighty more product, 1.3 fl oz to Smashbox's 1.0 fl oz. I knew to check the ingredients because Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid have the EXACT same ingredients.
I, too, tried a sample of Smashbox's BB Cream from Sephora and remember liking it quite a bit. I'm also an NC50. So was the MAC's Dark Plus shade very similar to Smashbox's Dark shade?

macgirl3121

I, too, tried a sample of Smashbox's BB Cream from Sephora and remember liking it quite a bit. I'm also an NC50. So was the MAC's Dark Plus shade very similar to Smashbox's Dark shade?
Yes. In my opinion they are the same shade. My Smashbox sample was in dark. I would have purchased it but I was trying to use up some of my other open items first. I'm always opening something before I'm even 1/2 thru what I'm currently using.

EDIT: I got Dark Deep NOT Dark Plus. Dark Deep looks the same as the Dark in Smashbox BB Cream. Sorry bout that.

Copperhead

Yes. In my opinion they are the same shade. My Smashbox sample was in dark. I would have purchased it but I was trying to use up some of my other open items first. I'm always opening something before I'm even 1/2 thru what I'm currently using.
Well, well, well. Thanks macgirl3121. This is good to know. Those swatches on MAC's site though kind of led us to believe that there would be at least a shade or two darker than the Smashbox Dark. Thanks for the input.