MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

destine2grow

Ok ladies and dudes, I just returned from the MAC store with this product in Dark Deep. I'm around an NC50-NC55. When the SA was applying this I was thinking it reminded me of the Smashboxx BB Cream. I just looked it up to compare. Both have SPF 35 and wait for it......THE EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS. If you own Smashbox BB Cream you prob don't need this. I had not purchased the Smashbox yet, just had a sample from Sephora so I was cool about using my Pro discount for the MAC one which btw has slightly more product, 1.3 fl oz to Smashbox's 1.0 fl oz. I knew to check the ingredients because Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid have the EXACT same ingredients. MAC and Smashbox are both under the Estee Lauder umbrella of brands. EDIT: I got Dark Deep NOT Deep Plus sorry bout that.
This is good to know considering I am also NC50/55

erine1881

Ok ladies and dudes, I just returned from the MAC store with this product in Dark Deep. I'm around an NC50-NC55. When the SA was applying this I was thinking it reminded me of the Smashboxx BB Cream. I just looked it up to compare. Both have SPF 35 and wait for it......THE EXACT SAME INGREDIENTS. If you own Smashbox BB Cream you prob don't need this. I had not purchased the Smashbox yet, just had a sample from Sephora so I was cool about using my Pro discount for the MAC one which btw has slightly more product, 1.3 fl oz to Smashbox's 1.0 fl oz. I knew to check the ingredients because Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation and MAC Studio Fix Fluid have the EXACT same ingredients. MAC and Smashbox are both under the Estee Lauder umbrella of brands. EDIT: I got Dark Deep NOT Deep Plus sorry bout that.
So anyone darker than NC50/55-NW40ish is DOL :(

Copperhead

So anyone darker than NC50/55-NW40ish is DOL
ssad.gif
Yup. That's pretty much what it looks like.
ohboy.gif
I thought for sure the NW45-55 ladies would be able to get in on these new shades but apparently not.

Copperhead

So does smash box make a shade deep enough for us nw45 and beyond girls?
I don't think so. I guess you could try getting a sample of the Dark shade from your local Sephora but it might be just a tad light. I'd give it a try if I were you to know for sure. You might wanna take a look at Sleek Makeup's Dark Balm. Looking at your pictures though, you just may be able to wear the Smashbox Dark. Give it a try. Get a sample.

ETA: Check out youtube. There may be some reviews there.

macgirl3121

Thanks so much for responding. I went yesterday to a MAC store but I believe the one I would gotten (DARK) wasn't even in stock yet.
Thanks again!
I picked up the last Dark Deep that my store had in stock yesterday. I'm wearing it today with a lil MSFN Dark on top. MSFN in Deep Dark always goes seriously orange on me. I don't even know why I continue to try to get it to work on me. It ain't happenin.

Copperhead

I picked up the last Dark Deep that my store had in stock yesterday. I'm wearing it today with a lil MSFN Dark on top. MSFN in Deep Dark always goes seriously orange on me. I don't even know why I continue to try to get it to work on me. It ain't happenin.
Wow. The last one? Does that mean that shade is flying off the shelves? Or that they haven't gotten many in? I wonder if my counters have it yet. How are you liking it so far?

zuiahiah99

please.check.out aj.crimson bbcream for darker.skin tones. I am a nw50_55 and have been using it and I like it. plus it's on sale right now for $10

macgirl3121

please.check.out aj.crimson bbcream for darker.skin tones. I am a nw50_55 and have been using it and I like it. plus it's on sale right now for $10
Yes. I actually bought shades 4 & 5 the first time they went on sale. I need to go ahead and use these.