MAC Prep +Prime BB Collection (July 2013)

miss0annette

I wish I could be excited for this, but I hate(d) the BBs. They felt so waxy on my face and dried the living heck out of my skin when I left it on overnight
ohboy.gif
(I never do that anyway, but every so often things happen
sneaky.gif
). They were nice for the first... 20 minutes of wearing it.
You know, when the BB prep + prime compacts came out I bought it and I also felt that it dried my skin way too much. I was trying to use it as a primer more than for it's BB purposes but I don't know it just didn't work for me.

Mac-Guy

You know, when the BB prep + prime compacts came out I bought it and I also felt that it dried my skin way too much. I was trying to use it as a primer more than for it's BB purposes but I don't know it just didn't work for me.

It's the (high) SPF that dries out the skin.

miss0annette

It's the (high) SPF that dries out the skin.
Ohhh I see.

I'm not even sure how BB creams are supposed to work. I bought Maybelines BB and it left me too oily. I'd like to have something that I can throw on that will even out skin tone. Like I'm running to the super market or going to the beach and I don't need a full face of makeup. Get me? lol
blink.gif

missmeghan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it drying. I wanted to love it, but the dry skin wasn't worth it to me!

erine1881

July 4th-MSO/Online August 15-Counters Liquid & Compact $30/$36.50 Extra Light Light Light Plus Medium* Medium Plus* Medium Dark* Dark* Dark Plus* Dark Deep* 191 brush $33/$39.50 *US only North America shade launch. International and Asia vary.

Copperhead

Cool! I didn't know they were already online. I was thinking the other day about trying Sleek's Be Beautiful Balm but I've been loving another foundation lately so decided to chill on that. I'm very curious to finally try a BB though. Whether it be Sleek's or MAC's.

Monsy

I was thinking light plus too. If light colors are the same and not being changed I swatch three shades couple of weeks ago at mac counter, and two were really pink for me, If memory serves me only light plus was yellow.
I am Light plus in MSFN too

thanks Erin you are extremely helpful as always

sorry for the offtopic but I am curious what shade would you use in studio fix powder? I had nc20 twice, it's ok but slightly too light. Got NC30 it's not much darker than nc20 but it's crazy yellow. Should I try nc25?

erine1881

I was thinking light plus too. If light colors are the same and not being changed I swatch three shades couple of weeks ago at mac counter, and two were really pink for me, If memory serves me only light plus was yellow. I am Light plus in MSFN too thanks Erin you are extremely helpful as always sorry for the offtopic but I am curious what shade would you use in studio fix powder? I had nc20 twice, it's ok but slightly too light. Got NC30 it's not much darker than nc20 but it's crazy yellow. Should I try nc25?
You're welcome dear. I live by light plus in MSFN!!! It's been AGES since I've matched myself to SF, but it does tend to run a bit lighter. NC25 might work. SF temds to be a bit tricky on fair warm tones.

KMQE716

but...im confused...i feel like i could be all the darks LOL. i hope they have them at the counters i will need to test these before i purchase

KaysWays

Ohhh I see. I'm not even sure how BB creams are supposed to work. I bought Maybelines BB and it left me too oily. I'd like to have something that I can throw on that will even out skin tone. Like I'm running to the super market or going to the beach and I don't need a full face of makeup. Get me? lol 
blink.gif
Yeah the Maybelline be cream is so oily, even when I set it with a powder it just was not a good look for me. And I have dry skin. Since then I've moved on to the Smashbox bb cream which I love! Last week I just picked up the Kiss NY bb cream and I like this one as a cheaper alternative as well. I would like to try out the MAC though especially seeing how they have a variety of colors now.
July 4th-MSO/Online August 15-Counters Liquid & Compact $30/$36.50 Extra Light Light Light Plus Medium* Medium Plus* Medium Dark* Dark* Dark Plus* Dark Deep* 191 brush $33/$39.50 *US only North America shade launch. International and Asia vary.
I can't order these blind because I think I could be Med Dk/Dark/Dk plus. I'm glad there is such a range of colors though!! Thanks for posting because I haven't even noticed them on the website. Hopefully they're perm it'd be nice to skip a month from spending money with MAC.
but...im confused...i feel like i could be all the darks LOL. i hope they have them at the counters i will need to test these before i purchase
yup me too. I feel I could be at least 3 of them. I like bb creams because I'm not a daily foundation wearer. I'm excited to test these out. Anyone use the colors from the original line? Were they oily? Drying?

KMQE716

Yeah the Maybelline be cream is so oily, even when I set it with a powder it just was not a good look for me. And I have dry skin. Since then I've moved on to the Smashbox bb cream which I love! Last week I just picked up the Kiss NY bb cream and I like this one as a cheaper alternative as well. I would like to try out the MAC though especially seeing how they have a variety of colors now. I can't order these blind because I think I could be Med Dk/Dark/Dk plus. I'm glad there is such a range of colors though!! Thanks for posting because I haven't even noticed them on the website. Hopefully they're perm it'd be nice to skip a month from spending money with MAC. yup me too. I feel I could be at least 3 of them. I like bb creams because I'm not a daily foundation wearer. I'm excited to test these out. Anyone use the colors from the original line? Were they oily? Drying?
A friend of mine has already tried out the dark deep and she said it feels great on the skin n she didn't have to use a lot or to conceal n it lasted all day

Latest posts