MAC Prolongwear Collection (September 5, 2013)

Spikesmom

I wore today Camel Coat on the lid, Tailor Grey in the crease and Strong Willed as liner. Quick and natural make-up

Gorgeous!!

I also popped in to tell you guys that TG has become my new HG brow color. I think I'm going to purge all the other brow products I've been rotating between because I wasn't really loving any of them.

pompom.gif

mousygiggles

Gorgeous!!

I also popped in to tell you guys that TG has become my new HG brow color. I think I'm going to purge all the other brow products I've been rotating between because I wasn't really loving any of them.

pompom.gif
Yay!! I am the same with with CC and my brows.

Seven Of Nine

Gorgeous!!

pompom.gif
I've also used already TG and CC to eyebrow and it's been great
iagree.gif

SydVicious

Does anyone know anything about the foundation shade NW13? It said coming soon for awhile now. Did it sell out and they are waiting for more, or has it not come in yet? I really think I'd like to try it but I'm wondering how the color compares to Studio Fix Fluid.

I am having a hell of a time trying to find a foundation. Studio Sculpt looked great and the color was great at NC15, but it broke me out every single time I used it. Face and Body and Studio Fix Fluid start out looking great but they don't stay in place. After a few hours I can see some separation going on. I am moisturizing with MAC's oil control moisturizer, and priming my skin. I also set my foundation with mineral veil or a MAC mineralized skin finish natural, then set with Fix+, but I am oily in my T-zone and my nose and forehead look a mess after a few hours. I don't think I'm THAT oily, but it never fails to get sort of splotchy looking. I am newer to liquid foundation, as I have always worn Studio Fix powder plus foundation... But these days I find myself wanting something just a little more polished. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does anyone know anything about the foundation shade NW13? It said coming soon for awhile now. Did it sell out and they are waiting for more, or has it not come in yet? I really think I'd like to try it but I'm wondering how the color compares to Studio Fix Fluid.

I am having a hell of a time trying to find a foundation. Studio Sculpt looked great and the color was great at NC15, but it broke me out every single time I used it. Face and Body and Studio Fix Fluid start out looking great but they don't stay in place. After a few hours I can see some separation going on. I am moisturizing with MAC's oil control moisturizer, and priming my skin. I also set my foundation with mineral veil or a MAC mineralized skin finish natural, then set with Fix+, but I am oily in my T-zone and my nose and forehead look a mess after a few hours. I don't think I'm THAT oily, but it never fails to get sort of splotchy looking. I am newer to liquid foundation, as I have always worn Studio Fix powder plus foundation... But these days I find myself wanting something just a little more polished. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
Same thing happened to me. I had an MUA use it on me and I had to wash my face within three hours because it was too itchy. Had bumps on my cheeks for a couple of days.

I picked up Camel Coat and Tailor Grey from this collection, finally. What amazing colours. Can't wait to use them as bases for a softer smoky eye. Or just on their own. Paint Pots are one of the only cream shadows I'm not allergic to. Very glad to see them coming out with a larger permanent range. Perky and Clearwater are next on my list!

erine1881

Does anyone know anything about the foundation shade NW13?  It said coming soon for awhile now.  Did it sell out and they are waiting for more, or has it not come in yet?  I really think I'd like to try it but I'm wondering how the color compares to Studio Fix Fluid.  I am having a hell of a time trying to find a foundation.  Studio Sculpt looked great and the color was great at NC15, but it broke me out every single time I used it.  Face and Body and Studio Fix Fluid start out looking great but they don't stay in place.  After a few hours I can see some separation going on.  I am moisturizing with MAC's oil control moisturizer, and priming my skin.  I also set my foundation with mineral veil or a MAC mineralized skin finish natural, then set with Fix+, but I am oily in my T-zone and my nose and forehead look a mess after a few hours.  I don't think I'm THAT oily, but it never fails to get sort of splotchy looking.   I am newer to liquid foundation, as I have always worn Studio Fix powder plus foundation... But these days I find myself wanting something just a little more polished.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated. 
Did you try calling CS to see if they had it?

SydVicious

erine, I haven't but I think I might. I wanted to try a sample, even if the color was a little off and I had to try an NW15.. just to see if I like the formula. But I don't have a free standing MAC store near me. I only have a small area within a larger makeup store. They looked at me CRAZY when I asked if they gave samples. So, I'll just have to track down a full size bottle. Do you think the Pro Longwear will work better for me with the problems I have described? I'm just tired of having to try and try to find something that works for me. It doesn't help that I am so pale, and have a hard time finding the right color, and I don't have a place where I feel comfortable going and testing in store. Bleh.

erine1881

erine, I haven't but I think I might.  I wanted to try a sample, even if the color was a little off and I had to try an NW15.. just to see if I like the formula.  But I don't have a free standing MAC store near me.  I only have a small area within a larger makeup store.  They looked at me CRAZY when I asked if they gave samples.  So, I'll just have to track down a full size bottle.  Do you think the Pro Longwear will work better for me with the problems I have described?  I'm just tired of having to try and try to find something that works for me.  It doesn't help that I am so pale, and have a hard time finding the right color, and I don't have a place where I feel comfortable going and testing in store.  Bleh.
Based on your "symptoms" :haha: i think it would be a good fit for you. If they look at you all crazy like, tell em that you've tried every other foundation and they're just not working out. They others break you out and separate, and you wanna try this one before you buy it. Just be honest with them. But i really do think this formula will work the best. Now we just need to get you the right colour!

MissTT

Why would they look at your crazy, Syd? Does MAC not give out samples? Would they rather have you buy and return items?

SydVicious

Erine, Thanks! I'll check out the local store and see if they have it, or Call CS and check with them.

MissTT, I live in Germany right now, and the local MAC counter is inside a store called Douglas that carries many makeup and skincare brands under one roof. When I asked at the counter they acted like I was insane for even asking. She told me that they "don't do that". I'm not sure if the free standing MAC stores give samples in Germany or not. I know that here they have many more testers out so you can try things in store, even for cheaper drugstore brands you can sample in store. It would be much easier to sample, but I'll just try to hunt down a bottle and see how it goes. haha

MissTT

Ah, yes. I forgot you were out of the country. It's frustrating dealing with people who act like the samples are coming out of their paychecks.

IHughes

You can also say that your skin is sensitive and that they make you break out or allergic. That's what I say, which is true! I tell them I won't buy otherwise as it's a big risk!

SydVicious

Thanks for the tips ladies. I do know the MUA at that location. I have shopped and back to MACed with her several times before, but she still acted weird about the sample. This was as I was holding 80€ worth of product in my basket too. I also had told her about how I have been trying all these other foundations and nothing was working the way I wanted it to. I shouldn't have to be buddy, buddy with someone to get a tiny sample of foundation that in the end may make her a sale. Oh well, I'll try again.

LC Balthazar

Does anyone know if I can wear my PLWC as foundation? I started mixing it with my matchmaster which was just a bit too orange for me and the resulting color is a good match. I just don't know if wearing this concealer all over my face is a no-no for some reason. TIA!

erine1881

Does anyone know if I can wear my PLWC as foundation? I started mixing it with my matchmaster which was just a bit too orange for me and the resulting color is a good match. I just don't know if wearing this concealer all over my face is a no-no for some reason. TIA!
You sure can.

kanne

Just read through every page of this thread trying to find the colours used in the promo image, I've been obsessed with it for months! I knew you girls wouldn't let me down ;)

I've been meaning to pick up Sketch for ages, and I have Cranberry, but it pulls really pink on me. Last time I was at the MAC counter the girl suggested a brown base to stop that, but she wasn't very interested in actually helping me out. I've been obsessed with Constructivist for ages, do you think it would work underneath this look?