MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

VioletPearl

Anitacska, would you mind to translate the official colour descriptions of the single pps if you have the time and opportunity?
Chilled On Ice Shiny white gold
Let’s Skate! Shimmery light pink
Vintage Selection Shiny dirty peach
Let Me Pop Shiny light copper
Frozen Violet Shiny mauvy-grey
Blackground Dark grey with multi-dimensional glitter
Antique Diamond Shiny olive-grey
Dangerous Cuvée Shiny icy-grey

type.gif

Anneri

type.gif
th_kiss.gif
bouquet.gif

Paisly

I really don't like glitter filled paint pots unless used as a wash of color type of product. Seems like these are just repromotes. I can't imagine paint pots being anymore long wearing as they already are. What's the point in needing a new formula? Maybe to help sell all of these repromotes? I'm sad that we didn't see something new. :( Maybe: frozen violet Let me pop

xasperadastra

woooooh I love them all! I already have Let's skate and I'm interest in mmm too much paint pots from this collection :p the most interesting are Antique Diamond and Frozen Violet!!!!

Anitacska

bouquet.gif
Thank you! Sorry Anneri, I'm only just reading through this thread, but I'm glad VioletPearl was around before me.
smiles.gif

type.gif

Audrey C

I actually don't mind repromotes - there's a good chance I've missed the products the first time and it allows me to see lots of swatches and read reviews before the launch. All good.
thmbup.gif

crystalis007

I was hoping for some new shades but I only have Blackground and Dangerous Cuvee from this group. I am excited about Frozen Violet tho. I might pick a few of these shades up! It's most likely a good thing that there aren't a ton of new ones considering it's coming out at the same time as Archie like many people said.
Loooove paint pots though:) I would be happy with a paint pot collection release (w/some popular re promotes in the mix) every six months or so. Mac get on it!

martiangurll

type.gif
TY for doing that! I have wanted Let Me Pop & Vintage Selection since I missed the first round. I will definitely get Let's Skate & Dangerous Cuvee if the PLW improves the glitter migration thingie, even though I have the LS and haven't opened it, because I love pink. DC I have and use quite a bit even though the glitter gets all over. Its tiny glitter so I guess I can live with that. Also, if it stays put a long time due to its PLW traits, it would double as an eyeliner.

Frozen Violet sounds like it will be in the range that is my favorite for eye tones. I am actually really stoked the most for Antique Diamond the most of the new colors though, because I want s/t close to Cash Flow but greener. Blackground may be one of the only perm PP I do not have, so I am curious to get it in the PLW formula if that is good. If not, I have other blackish bases like MUFE aqua cream...not sure if I am 100% on Team 8 now the excitement is wearing off, but of all MAC products, these PP are my staples (along with powder e/s and lipsticks) so this collection will get the most of my "cash flow" this season...

annemariemakeup

I was sort of on the fence about these colours when I initially saw the list. But now that I've thought about it and looked up the Cham Pale Paint Pot swatches, I'm so excited for Vintage Selection and Let Me Pop! I already have Chilled on Ice and Dangerous Cuvee and I probably won't back them up because I don't use them all that much as it is. I am also excited for Antique Diamond - that colour seems like it would pair nicely with Vex, Sumputous Olive, EDES Modern Pewter, etc.

Does anyone thing the formulas are going to be any different than the original formula? Aren't Paint Pots long-wearing already? It seems like it might be some sort of marketing ploy. Hmmm. Either way I'm excited about these!

katred

Specktra Bestie

type.gif
Thanks for the translation VioletPearl!

I already have Dangerous Cuvee and Vintage Selection. I like them, but they are glittery and fairly sheer, plus there is some migration. That said, the wear time is still as good as regular paint pots. I used to have Blackground, but it's dried out on me. Kind of interested in Antique Diamond and/ or Frozen Violet, depending on how shimmery they are.

Debbs

Just did some DL investigation. According to my source, this collection is supposed to be permanent however once stock sells out it may takes months and months for new replacement stock to hit the stores again.

MACina

Thank you, Debbs!

That would be really great
thmbup.gif

Just did some DL investigation. According to my source, this collection is supposed to be permanent however once stock sells out it may takes months and months for new replacement stock to hit the stores again.

Debbs

Anytime, MACina!!!

MRV

I'm not too happy about this collection. They repromote glittery PPs and even make them permanent. Sigh. I want nubile-shimmery ones!

I already have Chilled on Ice and Vintage Selection. The only one I could be interested in is the green one, but if it is just glitter I can take my time.

xasperadastra

If this one is permanent I'll be really happy ^^ I'm going to spend a lot of money in March due to Archie's girls and other collections!!