MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

ChosenOne

Here's another link with big promo pictures of each paint pot in the collection: http://lollymakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mac-pro-longwear-paint-pot-collection.html

Btw love it how the whole collection picture shows all these bright colours like green and bright pink and then they're actually just greyish olive and dirty peach, lol.
I think the one p/p I get from this collection will be Frozen Violet. I'm guessing that must be the purple almost taupe-ish color in the promo pic. Beautiful!

And in total agreement about the picture of the whole collection. That's a bit bizarre.
WTF2.gif

Debbs

Just realized that Morning Frost seems made for Stolen Moment EDES. I have barely used my G&I PP but when I saw the ones from Posh Paradise that I missed out on I almost went crazy. I see myself getting most of the lighter ones except Let's Skate as I even have back ups. I have been using CCB Shell a lot and ignoring my PPs however CCB seems to work really well with Mineralized ES. I plan to get at least three colors immediately and probably a 4th one a week or so later

Debbs

I have Painterly, Rubensque, Indianwood, Let's Skate, Morning Frost and found Half Wild at a CCO in Orlando in Dec. I have seen ? Pure Creation a couple times at my CCO but I have skipped it. My dream PPs to get would be Artifact , Idyllic, Perky and Coral Crepe. I almost bought off Ebay but I wasn't sure if they were too old and dried up esp for the price listed

Debbs

I have Painterly, Rubensque, Indianwood, Let's Skate, Morning Frost and found Half Wild at a CCO in Orlando in Dec. I have seen ? Pure Creation a couple times at my CCO but I have skipped it. My dream PPs to get would be Artifact , Idyllic, Perky and Coral Crepe. I almost bought off Ebay but I wasn't sure if they were too old and dried up esp for the price listed

Debbs

I have barely touched Let's Skate, dunno what I am saving them up for but gonna use them up soon with these new additions. I think LS may enhance Swish ES and Neo Nebula. I think I now have more make up than time to apply and use them up properly. I actually like a little bling, sparkle which I why I have a few Pressed Piggies . I think I have my list Definites are Vintage Selection Frozen Violet Let Me Pop Maybe Chilled on Ice........poss a week or so when I make up my mind

valkolak

Been busy with the new school semester but I'm catching up on new info! I am absolutely DYING that Let's Skate! is coming back because I love it to bits! Sparkle-gasm
nanaparty.gif

peachsuns

I don't have any "skin tone" Paint Pots, i've got:
Rubenesque - gilded pale peach (my first)
Let's Skate - pale warm pink with silver shimmer (Glitter & Ice)
Half-Wild - Mid-tone purple frost (Posh Paradise)
Idyllic - Mid-tone copper bronze frost (Posh Paradise)
Genuine Treasure - Reflects antique gold (Posh Paradise) (plus a BU)

I think now that i have so many pink eyeshadows, i should try Let's Skate as a base...

Of the re-promos, i'm most interested in Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond, but actually seeing them in person could change that - it often does.

As far as using them, i gather most people use them as an eyeshadow base, but some wear them as eyeshadow. Any other tricks one can do with Paint Pots?
Great idea!

I'm interested in:

• Let's Skate
  • Chilled On Ice
  • Frozen Violet
Hope they are not too shimmery.
amuse.gif

KathyHC

Blahh.. If these colors came out with a satin finish, like Painterly and other perm ones then I would consider them..
If if they are come back with the same glittery, slippery and uneven texture then DEFF PASS

singer82

Oh, you need to give these babies some love. Are you not a fan of p/p?
I do love pp's. I just don't reach for them that often. Half Wild and Imaginary are just so dark. I should start using them as liners. I love Pure Creation, but tend to reach for my blue mufe aqua cream more. I love Guinuine Treasure, but my eyes are just too sensitive right now for the glitter. I still use my Treasure Hunt, it's my fav out of them. The ones in my fridge I'm not opening till a few are gone or no good anymore. I really need to start giving them more love. With the dark ones I'll start wearing them as liners.

MACina

I cannot wait to get Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond
cheerleader.gif

I do already have all the other colors as "normal" paint pots.But I might stock up on them (except for Let Me Pop).

singer82

Dang, even though I need to use mine up these are lighter ones! It's the dark ones I can't seen to use up. I really hope these become perm cause I'd like to get some, just nows not three right time. I hope these are less glittery. In winter my eyes are really sensitive.

Mac-Guy

Dang, even though I need to use mine up these are lighter ones! It's the dark ones I can't seen to use up. I really hope these become perm cause I'd like to get some, just nows not three right time. I hope these are less glittery. In winter my eyes are really sensitive.
iagree.gif
The lighters ones are much easier to use up.

I somehow doubt, however, that these will be less glittery. I skipped Morning Frost for that very reasony as it was too chunky, and I will certainly skip it again.

singer82

:agree: The lighters ones are much easier to use up. I somehow doubt, however, that these will be less glittery. I skipped Morning Frost for that very reasony as it was too chunky, and I will certainly skip it again.
I cant do chunky glitter that's for sure. So it will depend.

Anneri

Here's another link with big promo pictures of each paint pot in the collection: http://lollymakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mac-pro-longwear-paint-pot-collection.html Btw love it how the whole collection picture shows all these bright colours like green and bright pink and then they're actually just greyish olive and dirty peach, lol.
Anitacska, would you mind to translate the official colour descriptions of the single pps if you have the time and opportunity?

VioletPearl

iagree.gif
The lighters ones are much easier to use up.

I somehow doubt, however, that these will be less glittery. I skipped Morning Frost for that very reasony as it was too chunky, and I will certainly skip it again.
That's why I am not sure about getting Antique Diamond... (based on the promo pics this and the violet one contain little particles, that seem to be glitter...)
I have Morning Frost and I adore the taupe colour of it but the chunkiness of it is a let down... It needs work to look good.
But yesterday I searched for Cham Pale pp swatches, and I am sure that I will get Vintage Selection!
Soo beautiful!!!