MAC Prolongwear Paint Pots Collection (February 2013)

liba

OMG Dangerous Cuvee!!!! This is one of my all-time favorites, along with Genuine Treasure and Idyllic. I hope the formula hasn't changed. I really preferred the Cham Pale p/ps to the G&I ones, for their sheerer base, but it's nice to see this collection giving people both options!

KMQE716

booooo *throws tomatoes*

i wish they would repromote layin low....i can't find it to save my life :(

Copperhead

OMG Dangerous Cuvee!!!! This is one of my all-time favorites, along with Genuine Treasure and Idyllic. I hope the formula hasn't changed. I really preferred the Cham Pale p/ps to the G&I ones, for their sheerer base, but it's nice to see this collection giving people both options!
Dangerous Cuvee is pretty and it's the only one I have from that group. When I went to get it, it was between that one and Chilled On Ice. I asked for COI but she mistakenly gave me DC. I didn't mind so I kept it. Nice to see them bring back COI though in case I want to get it.

ETA: I forgot I have Blackground too. It'll be interesting to see the difference in finishes with these. I don't have problems with Paint Pots not stopping my shadows from creasing though.

ChosenOne

I'll probably get one item from this collection (not sure which yet). I always like to try out any kind of new formula, but unless these really wow me, I'm thinking I'll keep it to the one p/p.

liba

Dangerous Cuvee is pretty and it's the only one I have from that group. When I went to get it, it was between that one and Chilled On Ice. I asked for COI but she mistakenly gave me DC. I didn't mind so I kept it. Nice to see them bring back COI though in case I want to get it.
I've got COI and Let's Skate. COI is like the sheer version of Let's Skate. If you already have Let's Skate, you don't really need COI.
2cents.gif

erine1881

Holy Cow! Let's Skate and Vintage Selection! I probably need both, I missed out on those, Let's Skate never made it to Germany. And I might need Chilled on Ice and Antique Diamond as well. Aww, I thought I could save money here. D'oh! Morning Frost would've been cool as well. Missed out on that one too. I'll go look up Cham Pale swatches again, but I'm getting Let's Skate for sure!
I have let's skate if you want it. I don't touch paintpots.

Anitacska

Here's another link with big promo pictures of each paint pot in the collection: http://lollymakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mac-pro-longwear-paint-pot-collection.html

Btw love it how the whole collection picture shows all these bright colours like green and bright pink and then they're actually just greyish olive and dirty peach, lol.

makeupgrrl

Here's another link with big promo pictures of each paint pot in the collection: http://lollymakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/mac-pro-longwear-paint-pot-collection.html

Btw love it how the whole collection picture shows all these bright colours like green and bright pink and then they're actually just greyish olive and dirty peach, lol.
OMG...I feel like I need all 8 of these, but I am a little hesitant to buy so many cream products at once. I don't think I have ever finished a paint pot, before throwing it out because I felt like it got too old. I have been using Nubile daily for a few months now and it barely has a slight dip. I also have an opened Groundwork, that I have only used twice and a BN Painterly. Decisions...decisions...I need to narrow it down to no more than 4!

HoneyMilk

I was just about to say "Wow the pink one looks like Let's Skate!" LOL I love that one for a glittery base :) I am intrigued by this release...

RayannaBanana

Are they all sparkly and the same then? I was hoping for matte ones. Dangerous Cuvee is just all glitter to me. Or are they going to be different since it says Pro Longwear?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I already have Blackground and Let's Skate... so I'm just getting the other 6... unless the formula's REALLY good.

lilinah

I regret not getting genuine treasure. I have morning frost and bare study. I never use morning frost bc of the glitter. Lesson learned on that one. I do like the maybelline color tattoos, though!
Well, Genuine Treasure does have glitter, but... The base is transparent - not opaque or shimmery - and slightly darkened, so it's sheer but not colorless. And the glitter has an antique gold look, so it isn't dazzle bright. That way GT doesn't overpower the rest of the eye makeup.

Copperhead

I've got COI and Let's Skate. COI is like the sheer version of Let's Skate. If you already have Let's Skate, you don't really need COI.
2cents.gif
No I don't have Let's Skate. I said Dangerous Cuvee was the only one I had out of this new collection but I forgot I have Blackground too. I remembered COI being kind of like a vanilla'd gold (with a little pinkish tones). Is that how you'd describe it?

lilinah

I don't have any "skin tone" Paint Pots, i've got:
Rubenesque - gilded pale peach (my first)
Let's Skate - pale warm pink with silver shimmer (Glitter & Ice)
Half-Wild - Mid-tone purple frost (Posh Paradise)
Idyllic - Mid-tone copper bronze frost (Posh Paradise)
Genuine Treasure - Reflects antique gold (Posh Paradise) (plus a BU)

I think now that i have so many pink eyeshadows, i should try Let's Skate as a base...

Of the re-promos, i'm most interested in Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond, but actually seeing them in person could change that - it often does.

As far as using them, i gather most people use them as an eyeshadow base, but some wear them as eyeshadow. Any other tricks one can do with Paint Pots?

erine1881

I have all but two of those. Guess i need to get em. It's gonna bug me tho that they'll be a different formula than the others. Guessing they're gonna be LE tho, as it's missing the two most popular paint pot colours, and introducing blackground in the new formula.

Copperhead

I remembered liking Chilled On Ice because it kind of reminded me of Vanilla Pigment when I swatched it.

http://makeupandbeauty.com/mac-cham-pale-paint-pot-eye-shadow-quad-photos-swatches/