MAC Punk Couture Collection (December 26, 2013)

liba

I totally forget about that one.
Shame on you!!!
girl_devil.gif

We need a spanky-spanky emoticon.
girlhaha.gif

Mayanas

Wtf. No thanksgiving and christmas shopping this year. Join Specktra was not my best idea. :/ ljaja

liba

also do not dance, swing your hair around, yawn or make any fast moves
tease.gif

If any formula is going to finally give a really solid black lipstick experience it'll be this one, although I will say Firm Form goes on and stays on quite well if you're careful to apply it in 2 thin layers.

princessjest

also do not dance, swing your hair around, yawn or make any fast moves :silly: If any formula is going to finally give a really solid black lipstick experience it'll be this one, although I will say Firm Form goes on and stays on quite well if you're careful to apply it in 2 thin layers.
So true! I even stuck carbon on top and it lasted through one drink on a night out. I ended up taking it off in the toilets after spending 29mins applying and perfecting it at home! Fingers crossed Black Friday lasts and isn't too picky when it comes to application, I worry about that because I have some trouble with FOD, despite careful application and my daily lip care routine - I also have TTT heading my way in the post and am kinda expecting the same patchy issues :(

martiangurll

Wonder if MAC is trying to compete with Melt on this collection. These shades are similar to their popular ones...

Marie0106

also do not dance, swing your hair around, yawn or make any fast moves :silly: If any formula is going to finally give a really solid black lipstick experience it'll be this one, although I will say Firm Form goes on and stays on quite well if you're careful to apply it in 2 thin layers.
That is the reason why I prefer matte and retro matte lipstick because they stay on very easy. I have 1 satin lipstick and I never wear it

liba

That is the reason why I prefer matte and retro matte lipstick because they stay on very easy. I have 1 satin lipstick and I never wear it
It's only the super dark ones with lots of black that usually give me trouble. I've got plenty of lustres, cremesheens and frosts in different shades that have very good staying power and keep nice and smooth even after eating.

pleasantmacabre

I was having some issues with FOD wearing out quickly on the inner part of the lower lip but I've found that applying it really well on the underside of the upper lip helps a lot, along with applying a layer on the lower lip, letting it dry really well, then doing a second layer, also deep into the lip.

At least with TTT and FOD, etc., there are plenty of lip pencil options that don't change the color by much. With black lipstick, I used to use Nightmoth, but I never liked how much red it would add. Then MAC came out with Just My Type pencil with Tour de Fabulous. It's supposed to be LE, but it's still in stock after nearly a year. I HIGHLY recommend that pencil all the time for black lipstick and also really dark blue purples because it doesn't add any redness at all. If the lipstick color is dark enough, JMT doesn't add any noticeable brownness either. It's a great liner - one of the handiest ones I own.

It's only the super dark ones with lots of black that usually give me trouble. I've got plenty of lustres, cremesheens and frosts in different shades that have very good staying power and keep nice and smooth even after eating.
yeah, same! mac satins are awesome and stay on great and feel amazing, for me. i dont know about other satins but the mac ones have a flat matte color just feel a lot better than a matte, still love mattes and retro mattes though :D

mosha010

Well guys I asked her if this was straight up more lie purple or what it was and this is her response. The actual lippy is similar to cyber but she did use a blue pigment on top... So this is not exactly the color that's coming out ... Still hot tho and gave me ideas to replicate the look hehehe
u8ypy9ut.jpg

Julily

To be honest, I am much more thrilled about this collection than most of the other collection this this year. The only other one I was this excited about was the Archie's Girls.