MAC Retro Matte collection (September 12, 2013)

jsparkle

Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask.... But I own Mac Red, Ruby Woo (& a few darker reds that I wouldn't consider the same category of brights) is Russian Red a must considering the first 2? I'm looking for a bright in your face red for this summer! Something like Mac heartless (which I believe was LE) can someone help me out? Thanks!!

Pinkdollface

Ruby Woo is brighter than Russian Red, so if you look for something brighter RR isn't your best bet. Maybe Lady Danger? It's more orange, but also more bright.
Not sure if this is the proper thread to ask.... But I own Mac Red, Ruby Woo (& a few darker reds that I wouldn't consider the same category of brights) is Russian Red a must considering the first 2? I'm looking for a bright in your face red for this summer! Something like Mac heartless (which I believe was LE) can someone help me out? Thanks!!

trina11225

Ruby Woo is brighter than Russian Red, so if you look for something brighter RR isn't your best bet. Maybe Lady Danger? It's more orange, but also more bright.
well besides mac lady danger, def in the face :) nars jungle red and Revlon I love that red is bright. Sorry I wear different brands, btw Revlon fire and ice same as nars jungle red in color

Ana A

Russian red is definitely nothing like heartless, the closest is probably Mac Red which you already own. I think the brightest reds in the perm line are Mac Red, Ririwoo (matte version of mac red), and lady danger which honestly pulls more orange than red. Russian red is a beautiful shade nonetheless just more "subtle". Revlon or Nyx might have a closer shade to heartless.

Edit: A girl on youtube and a few other ppl on google (blogs) compare heatless to NYC retro red claiming it is a dupe.

ForeverJenn

Russian red is definitely nothing like heartless, the closest is probably Mac Red which you already own. I think the brightest reds in the perm line are Mac Red, Ririwoo (matte version of mac red), and lady danger which honestly pulls more orange than red. Russian red is a beautiful shade nonetheless just more "subtle". Revlon or Nyx might have a closer shade to heartless. Edit: A girl on youtube and a few other ppl on google (blogs) compare heatless to NYC retro red claiming it is a dupe.
thanks for this! I'm so bummed out that I missed out on heartless. Now I know there's a dupe :)

jsparkle

i'm not liking this collection for some reason :/ maybe when they come out I'll be suckered in.... usually am! but as of now nothing catches my eye! which is probably a GREAT thing seeing as I basically bought the entire AAO collection & then some
eeksign.gif

jsparkle

thanks for this! I'm so bummed out that I missed out on heartless. Now I know there's a dupe
smiles.gif
i'm on that same mission!! I want something Really bright and in your face.... i already own Mac Red as well as Ruby Woo.... i realized I missed out on heartless as well as Red Racer (last summer) and the swatches seem like something i'm looking for... help!! is there really that much of a difference? or is it mental?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
There are all kinds of different shades in MM packaging floating around on evilbay that have never been released with that collection, they're all fake.
I saw a MM fluidline and a palette as well.
ohboy.gif

YUMYUMYMUA

There are all kinds of different shades in MM packaging floating around on evilbay that have never been released with that collection, they're all fake.
I saw a MM fluidline and a palette as well.
ohboy.gif
WOW! and people are actually bidding!! I don't understand how they can do this and get away with it. Like.. how do they manufacture a lipstick? do they make it in their basement? geeeeeeez!

Richelle83

Quote: Originally Posted by YUMYUMYMUA
WOW! and people are actually bidding!! I don't understand how they can do this and get away with it. Like.. how do they manufacture a lipstick? do they make it in their basement? geeeeeeez!

They make them in China and sell them wholesale here, same with the Viva Glam lippies. There are listing for every single color under the sun basically on ebay.

*side note* I saw a purple Viva Glam lippy on there and yelled at the screen lol. It looked like Bust Out! but a little lighter.

YUMYUMYMUA

They make them in China and sell them wholesale here, same with the Viva Glam lippies. There are listing for every single color under the sun basically on ebay.

*side note* I saw a purple Viva Glam lippy on there and yelled at the screen lol. It looked like Bust Out! but a little lighter.
blink.gif
lol

YUMYUMYMUA

Omg I saw that to when I was looking for mm da lipstick I was like wth they don't even sell a mm lipstick called heartless to say the less I didn't order da because I was worry I would get a fake lipstick
I bought a few things i NEEDED to have from ebay and they were all legit. I guess i got lucky.