MAC Ricky and Nicki for Viva Glam Discussion

Eims

^ Do you mean the lipsticks? I have both and I see quite a difference between them, but I think the FOL lipglass is closer to Nicki than it's own lippie. I need someone to swatch the lipglasses side by side!

Karrie

FOL looks darker, is better pigmented and has fine shimmer particles in it. The texture from Nicki is a little bit "milky". I don't think FOL is a dupe for Nicki, they are too different.
I forgot to swatch them both together... will take a picture and update my post!

edit: here it is:

Eims

FOL looks darker, is better pigmented and has fine shimmer particles in it. The texture from Nicki is a little bit "milky". I don't think FOL is a dupe for Nicki, they are too different.
I forgot to swatch them both together... will take a picture and update my post!

edit: here it is:
Thank you! I'm glad there's enough of a difference for me to have both lol

dyingforyou

It is similar to FoL from Chenman. I love FoL but still have a harder time with the Nicki formula. I use FoL lipglass over and PP lip under.
i don't have FoL but it's been on my list to buy too haha. i was thinking they looked really similar and ended up going for nicki instead. i may have to blot it down and see how it looks then!

martiangurll

i just bought nicki but i'm not sure i could pull it off. does anyone who is nw20 have any tips?
Try it with different lip liners. IF you want to tone down the neon aspect, try a little pink gloss over it. If you want to play it up, use a orange based liner. I think it looks good with minimal cheek products, a little bronzer and a neutral eye with black liner.

HTH

Eims

Sometimes I feel like Nicki looks a little clownish on me straight from the tube. Other times it seems fine, I guess it depends what's on the rest of my face.

But blotting it down should definitely make it more wearable. I often apply it with a lip brush rather than straight from the tube and I love the way it looks.

I've ordered the lipglass, eeek!

martiangurll

Sometimes I feel like Nicki looks a little clownish on me straight from the tube. Other times it seems fine, I guess it depends what's on the rest of my face.

But blotting it down should definitely make it more wearable. I often apply it with a lip brush rather than straight from the tube and I love the way it looks.

I've ordered the lipglass, eeek!
I definitely have to dab and smoosh with Nicki. Or it looks like a pastey mess. I like it better after it becomes more of a stain...

dyingforyou

Try it with different lip liners. IF you want to tone down the neon aspect, try a little pink gloss over it. If you want to play it up, use a orange based liner. I think it looks good with minimal cheek products, a little bronzer and a neutral eye with black liner.
HTH
that does, thank you!

Eims

I got the lipglass. It's ok, but nothing special. I won't be needing a BU. Will still probably pick up another lippie before it's gone.