MAC Shop/Cook Collection

StyleBlack

But now my MAC regret is kicking in because I didn't get Quick Sizzle. It looks amazing on her!
Did you check out Pink Pigeon from the Iris Apfel collection? Quick Sizzle is almost the same shade of pink, but deeper and warmer. Pink Pigeon is brighter and slightly more blue-based.

Cocosmith

Well I was not expecting to like anything except for Quick Sizzle L/S.... and the way things was all sold out, I was not even expecting to get anything...... Well to my surprise I was able to get all the Colors.... Thanks to my wonderful friends at Macys, I was able to get Quick Sizzle, Naughty Sauté, Watch Me Simmer, and Dish it up.. Let me tell you that Quick Sizzle is Lovely, perfect Hot Pink, especially since I wasn't able to get anything from the Iris collection... It sorta of similar to the Embrace Me lip pencil.... Naughty Sauté is Nice, It's similar to all the other bubble gum pinks, but it's smooth and doesn't separate like some of the others...... Watch me Simmer....this one really surprised me, I applied this with a lip pencil (coral), that just came out in one of the previous collections and it was Gorgeous ....can't remember the name, but when I pick my items up I will let you guys know..... And then their was Dish it up.....this is just nice, it's smooth and you can just put it on and go, nothin needed but your lips.....Lol.... It goes on like my favorite, Mr. Rebel......

Any who, so that was all I picked up, I pick up my items on the 9th.... Im still on the fence for the Bubbles Quad and the Butterfly Pigments from the Vera Collection.....

BeautyByLele

I keep going back and forth on this collection, the lipsticks look pretty but I gotten lipsticks from the iris coll. I know I want runway red since I missed out on it earlier. But do I really need WMS if I got flamingo and I'm gonna get the viva glam next week?? The quads look pretty but I think I can pass on them. Decisions decisions

kimbunney

I didn't get PP because it seemed in your face pink. I already have CYY and that's very in your face so I figured I didn't need another one. Quick Sizzle seems more around Girl About Town and I have that lippie and I love it. I'm going in store to check it out tomorrow.

Did you check out Pink Pigeon from the Iris Apfel collection? Quick Sizzle is almost the same shade of pink, but deeper and warmer. Pink Pigeon is brighter and slightly more blue-based.

HeavenLeiBlu

Only Restores Dazzle and Dish It Up for me; I want that liner brush too, but I think it's permanent, so it can wait.

I feel like I should be more excitied, about MAC collections, but I'm so, not. I *am* pretty jazzed about them making the Pealglide Intense liners permanent. TBH, I've only been keeping my ear to the ground for Metal Rock and a few other limited products to resurface. :-/

UrbanSweetheart

I keep going back and forth on this collection, the lipsticks look pretty but I gotten lipsticks from the iris coll. I know I want runway red since I missed out on it earlier. But do I really need WMS if I got flamingo and I'm gonna get the viva glam next week?? The quads look pretty but I think I can pass on them. Decisions decisions

Runway Red was first on my list since I also missed out on it the last time it was released. I'm so happy they re-released it so soon! ^_^

afulton

I went back again and hauled more items. I got Shop and Drop and Call Me Bubbles Quad. Since one tendertone wasn't enought, I got Purring. It will be great for the spring and summer. I think I am officially DONE with this collection!
Here is what I hauled:
Hush Hush Tendertone, Restores Dazzle Creme Blush,
Naughty Saute, Watch Me Simmer, and Quick Sizzle lipsticks.

The other items are from the Vera Collection

Christy0188

I placed a pre order in store and this is what i picked up:

2 watch me simmer lipsticks(one as aback up)
2 quick sizzle (one as a back up)
1 optimistic orange
1 so vain lipcolor
1 quad

I am so curious as to what everyone is planning to get from this collection. What are the must-haves for WOC?

So far my list keeps on changing but I am sure that I want:

Watch me Simmer Lipstick
Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush
Flaunting It Lipcolor

sss215

Got the Colour Added quad for something unique to my collection and passed on Optimistic Orange as a new orange powder blush will be out with Tres Chic.

I was a little underwhelmed by the collection for the most part. I'm waiting for something seriously dope to hit the counters. Maybe MAC summer.

DILLIGAF

I only walked away with Innocence Beware and I'm thinking about taking it back and getting the Colour Added Quad instead. I'm hearing good things about the pigmentation on this set of quads.

berryjuicy

I am so tempted to pick up Optimistic Orange and Florida, but I have NYX cream blushes in Orange and Glow...so I'm thinking it wouldn't make much sense to buy the ones from MAC. The NYX blushes were my first experience with creams and I really like them. I reach for those more than powder blush. So...does anybody have both MAC and NYX? Is there enough difference to justify buying the MAC version?

So far I have hauled:

Watch Me Simmer
Quick Sizzle
Naughty Saute
Runaway Red
Enchantee
So Vain
Flaunting

If I can stay away from the blushes then I'm done with this one.

Cocosmith

Ok, so I also had a hold of items at the MAC store, so I got another Quick Sizzle put back the other WMS...and got the Butterfly Pigment set, Enchantee, and the Really cute Hot Pink makeup bag....the MUA told me you can put those in the washing machine....it's small but it really holds a lot..... They also had bigger sizes and colors....Anyway hope all got what they wanted..... I tell u these summer and spring collections always drain my wallet....
mac_atemywallet.gif

Copperhead

Ok, so I also had a hold of items at the MAC store, so I got another Quick Sizzle put back the other WMS...and got the Butterfly Pigment set, Enchantee, and the Really cute Hot Pink makeup bag....the MUA told me you can put those in the washing machine....it's small but it really holds a lot..... They also had bigger sizes and colors....Anyway hope all got what they wanted..... I tell u these summer and spring collections always drain my wallet....
mac_atemywallet.gif

Are you talking about the Soft Sacs? Nice haul btw.

Richelle83

I just looked swatches of those and honestly I'm seriously not in the mood to pay for MAC when 3 of NYX blushes are still cheaper.

TXBeautyBaby

It's funny that my list is so long because when I saw the promo pics I was not impressed. But my mind was quiclky changed when I saw swatches and this is what I hauled:

Watch Me Simmer l/s
Dish It Up l/s
Enchantee KLC
So Vain KLC
Flaunting It KLC
Florida Cremeblush
Restores Dazzles Cremeblush
Wholesome Fluidline

Cocosmith

Well I was not expecting to like anything except for Quick Sizzle L/S.... and the way things was all sold out, I was not even expecting to get anything...... Well to my surprise I was able to get all the Colors.... Thanks to my wonderful friends at Macys, I was able to get Quick Sizzle, Naughty Sauté, Watch Me Simmer, and Dish it up.. Let me tell you that Quick Sizzle is Lovely, perfect Hot Pink, especially since I wasn't able to get anything from the Iris collection... It sorta of similar to the Embrace Me lip pencil.... Naughty Sauté is Nice, It's similar to all the other bubble gum pinks, but it's smooth and doesn't separate like some of the others...... Watch me Simmer....this one really surprised me, I applied this with a lip pencil (coral), that just came out in one of the previous collections and it was Gorgeous ....can't remember the name, but when I pick my items up I will let you guys know..... And then their was Dish it up.....this is just nice, it's smooth and you can just put it on and go, nothin needed but your lips.....Lol.... It goes on like my favorite, Mr. Rebel......

Any who, so that was all I picked up, I pick up my items on the 9th.... Im still on the fence for the Bubbles Quad and the Butterfly Pigments from the Vera Collection.....

Ok, so the coral lip pencil I was referring to in this quote was called Lasting Sensation, lovely color for coral l/s.... the MUA also told me its suppose to be added to the permanent line.

sss215

i posted this over on the main thread:

I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

very noticible difference in the tube:

left, MAC Me Over Runaway Red
right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red
middle: Runaway Red from MAC Me Over
bottom: Runaway Red from S3/C3

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

here is one more pic on a white background:

top: MAC Me Over
bottom: S3/C3

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns. All I know is that I don't want another one from the AA1 batch.

Damn!

MissTiffany2U

I just picked up Runaway Red and I love it... it's the perfect red for me and I've been looking for a while. I'll probably be getting a backup.