MAC Shop/Cook Collection

aradhana

Did you try it? Chop chop :)

funnily enough, i got kinda sidetracked and didn't! i just bought nars luster yesterday...so of course i ended up trying that with optimistic orange...it looked very springy and fresh, but i am determined to wear OO with TM tomorrow!!
i am totally on an orange kick ever since i picked up OO...love it!

StyleBlack

funnily enough, i got kinda sidetracked and didn't! i just bought nars luster yesterday...so of course i ended up trying that with optimistic orange...it looked very springy and fresh, but i am determined to wear OO with TM tomorrow!!
i am totally on an orange kick ever since i picked up OO...love it!
Omg.. me too!! so much so, that I bought this brrrright orange shadow to use as blush. of course I'm going to be crazy and try it with OO underneath and Taj Mahal on top haha if it looks decent, I'll do a FOTD for it.

aradhana

and to think i was going to pass on OO...the mua asked if she could try it on me, so i was like 'eh, why not?'...now i'm glad she suggested it!!!

sss215

yeah it's nice, but dupeable!
What did you find? MAC or non MAC, cause i have a friend who would like to know, she rather buy a cheaper dupe if I could locate one for her. As far as MAC products, I compared the blue in there to contrast, and contrast is more purple. I also looked at the purple in the quad and compared it to stars and rockets and saw that SAR was lighter.Thanks, i'm curious to find out. I ordered the quad and it's a done deal cause I went for it online and won't return it.

StyleBlack

What did you find? MAC or non MAC, cause i have a friend who would like to know, she rather buy a cheaper dupe if I could locate one for her. As far as MAC products, I compared the blue in there to contrast, and contrast is more purple. I also looked at the purple in the quad and compared it to stars and rockets and saw that SAR was lighter.Thanks, i'm curious to find out. I ordered the quad and it's a done deal cause I went for it online and won't return it.
Oh ok. I just meant within the MAC range. These are the closest dupes in the permanent range I can think of. They're not exact, but they're pretty close if she really, really wants this quad:

Sugar Snack - this looks like straight up ash on me, but a better brown girl friendly alternative is Girlie e/s
Hypnotizing - Satin Taupe is the closest, but hypnotizing is just a bit lighter and more silvery
Power Boosted - If SAR was too light, try Hepcat. It's a bit pinker and not as purple, but it's close on my skin (NW45 +)
Shop & Drop - Hmmm.... I was going to say Contrast too... I guess no dupe for this one, unless she wants to get pigment samples

lol hope that was helpful!

sss215

Oh ok.  I just meant within the MAC range.  These are the closest dupes in the permanent range I can think of.  They're not exact, but they're pretty close if she really, really wants this quad:

Sugar Snack - this looks like straight up ash on me, but a better brown girl friendly alternative is Girlie e/s
Hypnotizing - Satin Taupe is the closest, but hypnotizing is just a bit lighter and more silvery
Power Boosted - If SAR was too light, try Hepcat.  It's a bit pinker and not as purple, but it's close on my skin (NW45 +)
Shop & Drop - Hmmm.... I was going to say Contrast too... I guess no dupe for this one, unless she wants to get pigment samples

Thanks! I will let her know. I have girlie and I am going to try it with this quad. Sugar Snack is a mess, lol. It was useful for one thing, a layer over my bamboo paint for an extra layer, since my lids are so oily, and they are starting to darken a bit. I actually like the results and it brings out a bit of pink in bamboom. so glad I found a use for it. I wonder how vex would go with this quad. Seems like it would work since vex was in the Diana eyes 1 quad and both quads are a little similar with the pink and purple . Here is a link : [=http://beautyjunkies.inbeauty.de/w/index.php?title=Diana_Ross_-_Icon_II][/]

StyleBlack

I wonder how vex would go with this quad. Seems like it would work since vex was in the Diana eyes 1 quad and both quads are a little similar with the pink and purple . Here is a link : [=http://beautyjunkies.inbeauty.de/w/index.php?title=Diana_Ross_-_Icon_II][/]
ooo Vex might look nice actually! Let us know how you like it! Yep, Sugar Snack is a complete waste of valuable palette space. That's a smart way to use the shadow, though. I don't have NYX Milk jumbo pencil, but that'd be a good way to get Painterly even whiter.

Side, did you get the Colour Added quad? I only want it for that goregeous dark teal shadow. Know of any dupes??

sss215

Quote:Originally Posted by StyleBlack

Oh ok.  I just meant within the MAC range.  These are the closest dupes in the permanent range I can think of.  They're not exact, but they're pretty close if she really, really wants this quad:

Power Boosted - If SAR was too light, try Hepcat.  It's a bit pinker and not as purple, but it's close on my skin (NW45 +)

Quote:Originally Posted by StyleBlack

ooo Vex might look nice actually!  Let us know how you like it!  Yep, Sugar Snack is a complete waste of valuable palette space.  That's a smart way to use the shadow, though.  I don't have NYX Milk jumbo pencil, but that'd be a good way to get Painterly even whiter.

Side, did you get the Colour Added quad?  I only want it for that goregeous dark teal shadow.  Know of any dupes??

When the swatches first appeared on the web, I thought about MAC's deep blue green pigment. It's more green of course, so to make it more blue, I mixed some of it on my palette with blue storm; or naval if you have that instead. I think I came up with something pretty close, not spot on, but close enough. Try that. I got the quad mostly for that color as well. I really like it. I didnt have any yellows; and the yellow makes a pretty green when mixed with the teal.

StyleBlack

I got the quad mostly for that color as well. I really like it. I didnt have any yellows; and the yellow makes a pretty green when mixed with the teal.
Hmmm Ihave Blue Storm but not Blue Green. Good to know! I never thought about mixing it w/ the yellow..... lol now I want it :(

sss215

Hmmm Ihave Blue Storm but not Blue Green.  Good to know!  I never thought about mixing it w/ the yellow..... lol now I want it :(

I have been all over you tube looking for tutorials and I found a good bunch. This one by misscodyful is one of my favorites. She did a look for each eye. I also like what ivonadz with the eyeliners. I think color added is unique to my collection, and lots of fun to work with. Shop Drop is more universal. Call me bubbles was beautiful, but missing a deeper color, so I had to pass on that one.

BeautyByLele

I know im late but I finally caved and ordered after much thinking Call Me Bubbles Quad, Colour Added Quad and Optimistic Orange creme blend blush (when MAc did the restock)

Copperhead

I know im late but I finally caved and ordered after much thinking Call Me Bubbles Quad, Colour Added Quad and Optimistic Orange creme blend blush (when MAc did the restock)

Better late than never I guess. LOL! I bought the Colour Added Quad too but haven't used it yet. MissCodyful's looks with the Colour Added quad are really nice but I think my fave might be this one....

I hope liquidlinerlover don't mind me posting this.

sss215

Better late than never I guess. LOL! I bought the Colour Added Quad too but haven't used it yet. MissCodyful's looks with the Colour Added quad are really nice but I think my fave might be this one....

I hope liquidlinerlover don't mind me posting this.
OH YES! That's hot!!! think I am going to wear this quad tomorrow