MAC Shop/Cook Collection

Ashleybubbles83

uh oh, that's not good, seeing as though that's why i bought it this time...i needed a backup for my first one...

i posted this over on the main thread:

I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

very noticible difference in the tube:

left, MAC Me Over Runaway Red
right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red
middle: Runaway Red from MAC Me Over
bottom: Runaway Red from S3/C3

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

here is one more pic on a white background:

top: MAC Me Over
bottom: S3/C3

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns. All I know is that I don't want another one from the AA1 batch.

Damn!

Richelle83

So far I bought

Quick Sizzle
Naughty Saute
Watch Me Simmer
Dish It Up
Restores Dazzle!
Midnight Snack
Flaunting It(Ebay)
Scandelicious(Ebay)
So Vain(Ebay)

aradhana

So far I bought

Quick Sizzle
Naughty Saute
Watch Me Simmer
Dish It Up
Restores Dazzle!
Midnight Snack
Flaunting It(Ebay)
Scandelicious(Ebay)
So Vain(Ebay)
richelle - i'm curious - how are you liking restores dazzle? how have you used it so far?
i'm kind of considering it, but not sure how it'll look on me...

Richelle83

richelle - i'm curious - how are you liking restores dazzle? how have you used it so far? i'm kind of considering it, but not sure how it'll look on me...

So far I really like it-I don't have a color that is similar to this. Only tried it indoors on my cheeks, nice wine glow. Fell asleep
lol.gif
and somehow a little bit was still there. Also tried it on my lips as well, makes a nice shade. I could see myself wearing it as a lipgloss-matte lipstick often.

califabulous

I wanted quick sizzle so badly!! but I will never be able to get these sought after colors because of my work schedule. I am going to try online again for the next collections to come but I'm sure I'll be too late...I might have to give up on mac"hot" items to decrease my disappointment!!!
thmbdn.gif

califabulous

I just picked up Runaway Red and I love it... it's the perfect red for me and I've been looking for a while. I'll probably be getting a backup.

what other reds from mac have you tried that didn't quite work? I am searching for a red and of course ruby woo is so beautiful but it's too drying for my already dry lips. Mac red, russian red?...I do not want an orange red but I think that's supposed to be the best color for me!??!

StyleBlack

I wanted quick sizzle so badly!! but I will never be able to get these sought after colors because of my work schedule. I am going to try online again for the next collections to come but I'm sure I'll be too late...I might have to give up on mac"hot" items to decrease my disappointment!!!
thmbdn.gif
Honestly, if you got Pink Pigeon, they're incredibly similar. Quick Sizzle is just a touch darker.

what other reds from mac have you tried that didn't quite work?  I am searching for a red and of course ruby woo is so beautiful but it's too drying for my already dry lips.  Mac red, russian red?...I do not want an orange red but I think that's supposed to be the best color for me!??!  
Have you tried Such Flare? It came out with this past holiday collection. I believe its the new matte formula because its not too drying. I think its a nice red.

StyleBlack

what other reds from mac have you tried that didn't quite work? I am searching for a red and of course ruby woo is so beautiful but it's too drying for my already dry lips. Mac red, russian red?...I do not want an orange red but I think that's supposed to be the best color for me!??!

Try Russian Red.

aradhana

Thankfully I got to pick up Optimistic Orange cremeblush with the restock on Monday :)

i hope you like it! i picked it up in my second round of purchases from this collection, and have been wearing it every day since! it gives a really nice glow...and i love how buildable it is...

TXBeautyBaby

i hope you like it! i picked it up in my second round of purchases from this collection, and have been wearing it every day since! it gives a really nice glow...and i love how buildable it is...
I haven't even got it yet but I'm dying to wear it with NARS taj mahal over top.