MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

sss215

It says RSVP by Feb 9 and lists the dates of Feb 10-12 from 12-7pm. That seems odd to me. Every other preview I've attended happened on a Tuesday or Wednesday(If I remember correctly). Anyone know the deal with that? I think I'll take a visit to my local store this weekend and ask.

That is odd. Also aren't preview events just 1 night only, for a few hours? Never heard of them being all day long, unless they are adding comp makeovers to the events now. At one MAC store when WW was released last year, they didn't have a party, they just did comp makeovers all weekend long.

I will definitely sign up to get my makeup done. I need to be pampered right about now.

On a website I looked at there were pictures of tendertones that we promoted in 2007. It looks the lime green tendertone may be "Shush!" (Sheer lime green with multi-colored pearl). The orange one looks like it may be "Purring" (Sheer tangerine with pearl). The watermelon sorta looking color may be "Tender Baby" (Sheer Watermelon pink). The light peachy pink looks like "Hush, Hush" (Sheer peach with gold pearl). This is just a guess from the pictures and descriptions of old collections with tendertones.

Source: http://thebeautyalchemist.blogspot.com/2007/05/mac-tendertones.html

mac_newfavourite.gif

shontay07108

Yeah, it mentions booking a makeup appointment. I like to see people being worked on but I don't do it anymore since I can't use Mac foundations and I find some MUA's (at Mac and Sephora) a bit pushy about what they want to see on me. I just want to make sure I get in and get my stuff.

OctoberViolet

Enjoy the event shontay!!! I can't wait to hear what you think of the products. I'm dying to find out the color story. From the promo pics alone I know I want just about everything from this collection. I'm very curious about the quads. I keep eyeing them as if they will just pop out and be mine.
ohboy.gif

MACcrazy

You can go to events without an invite? I never find out when events are, but I'll call my local store now and see if they're doing anything

When is the event? I didn't get an invite, but of course that won't stop me, lol. I will call around, to wait in line outside as always... So glad I am not into any of the recent collections. I can save all my money for the big spring collection. That makes me so happy. Can't wait for the color story. I am really interested in the quads and hoping the quality will be good!
I believe Hush Hush is a repromote. I also read online, that Hot and Saucy will be returning as well. If so, I will be getting that one as well.

sss215

Yeah, it mentions booking a makeup appointment. I like to see people being worked on but I don't do it anymore since I can't use Mac foundations and I find some MUA's (at Mac and Sephora) a bit pushy about what they want to see on me. I just want to make sure I get in and get my stuff.

I understand what you mean. Some MUAs don't appreciate what you know about you and what you like and try to put you in the formulary... I rarely get my makeup done, so I am kind of interested in what they would put me in.

The last time I was made up by a MAC artist, I was interested in other colors to use with a perm shadow. She did well. I usually tell them what I want to see myself in and they seem to be cool with that.

baghdad81

ME too! I hate it when they apply MAC foundation to my face because I always break out no matter the formula. Last time I went I got the Fall Color collection and i wanted lightscapade. The MUA kept pushing me to get Porcelain Pink even though I didn't want it! Since I now know how to apply makeup by myself I find myself getting in and out of there in a snap. Sometimes we know more than the MUA and they just look at me weird if I know about something they don't!

Case in point: S3C3... i asked at the Pro store this week when they were launching..no clue, haven't heard of it, they said it was "leaked" from somebody else other than "MAC" and they don't understand how "people on the internet" got their info....um....ok then...!

shontay07108

They never seem to know about upcoming collections. I'm guessing some of them are uninformed and some are just playing dumb. It's not some big government secret. It's just makeup. One time I mentioned an upcoming collection to my friend while at a counter and the MUA said "Hey, how do you know about that?". I had to laugh. The internet dude.

sss215

Sure can. They put your name on the list to get in, it's not exclusive.

I doubt they turn people away. People checking in on a new collection is money for them.

sss215

They never seem to know about upcoming collections. I'm guessing some of them are uninformed and some are just playing dumb. It's not some big government secret. It's just makeup. One time I mentioned an upcoming collection to my friend while at a counter and the MUA said "Hey, how do you know about that?". I had to laugh. The internet dude.

And sometimes they don't know the names to colors in the collections. Probably because there is too much coming out at once.

So annoying. I usually try to find an artist who has been really helpful in the past. It's getting harder to do that though. People change stores, or they freelance and are all over the place. Some just need basic customer service 101 though, but that's another topic.

purplerinne

I never got an invite but I've RSVP'd anyways.....i'm hoping this collection doesn't hurt my wallet too much since I need it to go to Vegas haha

dancinbluegirl

My event at MAC Pro in South Coast Plaza is only one day, January 31st from 7-9pm. It's interesting that the other one is an all day event!

baghdad81

Yes I asked at pro and they had no idea what i was talking about so i guess i will give them a couple of weeks to catch up!

Mac-Guy

If I remember correctly, my event is also on 1/31. They are usually on a Tuesday from 7-9. I'm not particularly fond of events as it is too crowded and noisy, so I usually swatch products a week or two in advance of the event and just pick up my stuff on the actual event. The most fun part is the runner who are dressed up in the theme of the collection.

Haven

My invitation is also for 1/31 from 7-9 pm. I never go to these parties though. Something about hundreds of MAC addicts like me crammed in the store... Last one that I tried to go to was Hello Kitty, and that was just too insane. I looked at the line to get in and left.