MAC Studio Sculpt Collection (Sept 4, 2014)

kerry-jane88

Sooo that's studio sculpt light next to msfn light...
476daa4c_DSC_1947.jpeg
Serves me right ordering blind :/ I think I can just about get away with this as a light dusting but there's no way I can buff it on like my msfn.

kerry-jane88

Woah big difference. The shades run darker in this line. How are you liking the powder? I'm excited to try this one out! 
I wwon't be trying it out as I've just seen mac do free returns now so back in the post it goes! Here's a pic of the ingredients list:
bf67a8cf_DSC_1951.jpeg
It contains dimethicone and I'm.trying to avoid silicones on my makeup so it wouldnt make sense for me to use this over msfn anyway.

patentg33k

I think I can just about get away with this as a light dusting but there's no way I can buff it on like my msfn.
I wonder if (as the name suggests) the powder is meant to be used for sculpting (not coverage)? so they released colors that are appropriate for sculpting for fair skin tone in "Fair"--I hope I'm making sense! lol

kerry-jane88

I wonder if (as the name suggests) the powder is meant to be used for sculpting (not coverage)? so they released colors that are appropriate for sculpting for fair skin tone in "Fair"--I hope I'm making sense! lol
Yeah I get you, i suppose the colour is comparable to the foundation colours like nc15, but I can't wear mac foundations as they're too dark. Personally this colour is a bit too yellow for me to like as a sculpting powder plus I don't do the sculpt thing anyway :p the colour light plus looked like it was more pink.toned so maybe that would make a.good sculpt powder for a fair skin?

CarmenK

Yea the sculpting/defining makes it seem like it would be appropriate for that use but I think they used those terms more so to mean a light weight coverage which doesn't mask the skin and make it look one dimensional therefore making the skin look more defined and sculpted.

patentg33k

Yeah I get you, i suppose the colour is comparable to the foundation colours like nc15, but I can't wear mac foundations as they're too dark. Personally this colour is a bit too yellow for me to like as a sculpting powder plus I don't do the sculpt thing anyway
Ah, geez. Sounds like kind of a mess with this release then. Yipes. I'm glad you can return for free.

Rinstar

I wwon't be trying it out as I've just seen mac do free returns now so back in the post it goes! Here's a pic of the ingredients list:
bf67a8cf_DSC_1951.jpeg
It contains dimethicone and I'm.trying to avoid silicones on my makeup so it wouldnt make sense for me to use this over msfn anyway.
Awww boo. I wanted to try this but dimethicone and I don't get along. Plus I am very pale, so I guess that won't work.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Maybe they're meant to be Bonne Mine / ''healthy glow'' powders, like Chanel Les Beiges for example?

Quote: Originally Posted by kerry-jane88

Serves me right ordering blind :/
I think I can just about get away with this as a light dusting but there's no way I can buff it on like my msfn.
Oh wow, didn't expect it to be that dark.

erine1881

476daa4c_DSC_1947.jpeg
Serves me right ordering blind :/ I think I can just about get away with this as a light dusting but there's no way I can buff it on like my msfn.
Yikes! Definitely not similar in colour! :nope:
These are not for contouring, despite what the name suggests. They're named sculpt because they're part of the Studio Sculpt (as in Studio Sculpt Foundation) line. So they're a great powder to use over that foundation to set all over or in the t-zone.

Monsy

wow i can't believe it!
i wear msfn in light plus and was ready to order this one in light plus too

Glamstylz

Has anyone tried this powder yet? I 'm curious to know if it is worth 32.00. It is described as a gel formula, something about that intrigues me. If you haven't heard of it here is a picture from the website. Let me know your thoughts on this.
edit by mod: moved this to the correct thread :)