MAC Styledriven Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

My local MAC had an event for this, Posh Paradise, Fall Color, and Matchmaster tonight, but I was only interested in Styledriven and Matchmaster. I loved the texture of the eyeshadows, but the four I wanted either looked terrible on me (Thru the Night) or looked like something I already have..

On my skin, the following looked exactly like shadows I already have, so I would consider them dupes. Of course if you're darker/lighter than me there may be a more obvious difference.

-Legendary Black = Hocus Pocus
-Lie Low = Tempting
-Make Your Mark = Creole Beauty

Did you stop by MAC Valley Fair?

makeupgrrl

I went to the launch party at my local store and wasn't that impressed with the Styledriven shadows. Although the colors I swatched on my hand did stain when I went to wipe them off. I really don't see much point paying more for a long wear eyeshadow, when I wear a primer any way and my shadows always stay put. I ended up getting Whoops lip gloss, and What a Blast lipliner from this collection. I also picked up Fusion Pink l/s, and Process Magenta Chromagraphic pencil. I am regretting not picking up the purple Chromagraphic pencil so I guess I will pick that up when it hits the stores next week.

Colorqueen

I went to the launch party at my local store and wasn't that impressed with the Styledriven shadows. Although the colors I swatched on my hand did stain when I went to wipe them off. I really don't see much point paying more for a long wear eyeshadow, when I wear a primer any way and my shadows always stay put. I ended up getting Whoops lip gloss, and What a Blast lipliner from this collection. I also picked up Fusion Pink l/s, and Process Magenta Chromagraphic pencil. I am regretting not picking up the purple Chromagraphic pencil so I guess I will pick that up when it hits the stores next week.
For the record, I can not use most MAC eyeshadows from the regular line- either they cause terrible burning or they vanish almost immediately after application- ON ANY BASE. I had the mgr at a MAC counter doubt me once, so I put on Electric Eel along with another brand of eyeshadow that does not do all of this.

I wore it for about 15 min at the counter and it was almost gone. She thought I wiped it off. The other shadow was there just as intense as when I put it on.

Peacocky never did that to me- they worked great and gave a beautiful translucent look or built up if I wanted. That is why I found them so exciting. If Styledriven is similar to Mega Metal shadows then for me it would be an exciting thing. :)

Another odd thing- I can wear almost all MAC pigments with no problems - whatever they do to their regular shadows does not agree with me, that's for sure! (although I found a few I can wear successfully)

When comparing with the many photos I have seen, most of the Styledriven shadows look very close to Peacocky Mega Metals in color though, which I found interesting.

Richelle83

So swatches of some eyeshadows are up on Temptalia. Legendary looks similar to Hocus Pocus, but I don't think it is. Not blown away by any of the swatches.

Teggy

I saw this at the MAC Pro store yesterday and tested out Legendary Black and a few lippies. LB isn't actually black. It's kind of a dark taupe with bronze shimmer. It's pretty, but I have stuff like it. And yes, I would agree that it resembles Hocus Pocus.

I ended up purchasing Driven By Love lipglass, which is the bright red one. It's a cute, cherry red but the formula is VERY thick and VERY sticky. The other downside I noticed after wearing it for a while is that it bleeds, giving you that feathering around the edges of your lips. I don't know if a liner will help or not. The burgundy lipglass is also quite pretty, so that one is also a maybe. but if you hate your glosses sticky and thick, you might want to steer clear.

(Get it?)

RayannaBanana

After seeing swatches I want Keep Your Cool! I only got Legendary Black and Hot Paprika.
It's too bad you can't B2M for the Lipcremes.

ladyarwen

Christine just posted the last of the eyeshadow reviews.
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-styledriven-pro-longwear-eyeshadows-swatches-photos-reviews-part-3#more-31664

martiangurll

I saw this at the MAC Pro store yesterday and tested out Legendary Black and a few lippies. LB isn't actually black. It's kind of a dark taupe with bronze shimmer. It's pretty, but I have stuff like it. And yes, I would agree that it resembles Hocus Pocus.

I ended up purchasing Driven By Love lipglass, which is the bright red one. It's a cute, cherry red but the formula is VERY thick and VERY sticky. The other downside I noticed after wearing it for a while is that it bleeds, giving you that feathering around the edges of your lips. I don't know if a liner will help or not. The burgundy lipglass is also quite pretty, so that one is also a maybe. but if you hate your glosses sticky and thick, you might want to steer clear.

(Get it?)
I was thinking this from swatches. They should have called it Legendary Taupe. Not that I am complaining, I am always looking for a Darker Shade of Taupe. And I think it is dark enough to be different from HP, but I have not seen them IRL

Richelle83

They put Love Forever! lipcreme as limited edition, which I actually like so boo. I do really like Styledriven-probably will get. Tease With Ease and Plush are both pretty but not worth paying $20 for. The only lipglass I'd get so far is Driven By Love but I'm good with my 3 Nitrolicious lipglasses lol(not the exact dupe but close enough).

LeeleeBell

OMG I want like ALL of the lipsticks and lipglosses
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif

lmcmullen

I've put a moratorium on buying glosses, myself. I think I have enough to last me the rest of my life. I don't want them to go bad and then waste the money.

But sometimes it's tempting ....LOL...

ladyarwen

After reading from several people how goopy the glosses are, I'll definitely be skipping them once I actually get around to buying from this collection. I think the eyeshadows are my only calling. Maybe the lipliners, we'll see.

Speaking of which, Christine's added the all the reviews on the lipglasses and the first part of the liners. The liners look quite yummy and pigmented. Might have to get a couple later.

rockin

I was fancying "Whoops", but don't think I will buy it now, after seeing various reviews on the glosses. I'm seriously thinking about a couple of the lip liners, though, and a couple of lipsticks.

I've bought a few of the eyeshadows, but was a bit disappointed with how faintly they swatched on the back of my hand, using a brush. I then tried them over Shadesticks, and the colours then looked true to the colour in the pan, and quite beautiful. Hot Paprika is especially gorgeous. I've yet to try them over a primer, but I think they'll look great over the new Paint Pots when I get them.

martiangurll

I was fancying "Whoops", but don't think I will buy it now, after seeing various reviews on the glosses. I'm seriously thinking about a couple of the lip liners, though, and a couple of lipsticks.

I've bought a few of the eyeshadows, but was a bit disappointed with how faintly they swatched on the back of my hand, using a brush. I then tried them over Shadesticks, and the colours then looked true to the colour in the pan, and quite beautiful. Hot Paprika is especially gorgeous. I've yet to try them over a primer, but I think they'll look great over the new Paint Pots when I get them.
What shadestick/s did you use?

Latest posts