MAC Styledriven Discussion

shontay07108

So, like I said yesterday Whoops! will be my only lipglass from this collection. It's gorgeous, but after wearing It today I can safely say that I don't want anymore of these things. It takes work. Too little and the color is uneven. Too much and it's a gloopy mess that spreads around in weird ways. It takes patience and even then, there's a lot of room for error. I like the glossy look it gives, but the formula is not impressive at all. I prefer Mac lipglass, Cremesheens and Mufe Lab Shine glosses. The applicator, again, does not help the situation. It's weird and I need to take more time to be precise with this spongy wand. I love this color, but I won't be be reaching for it every day because it's fussy. I will say that I didn't need to reapply not once in 7 hours. Oh and I wore One to Watch shadow today. I think it's a lovely natural shadow. It's lighter and slightly rosy on my skin and that makes it interesting. A great staple. I bought so many shadows yesterday, I can't even decide what to try tomorrow. :eek:hboy:

shontay07108

Here's a pic of me wearing Whoops! and I think you get a sense of the texture. A bit like Jelly. Beautiful color, though. I find that throughout the day, I had to check around the edges of my mouth because the gloss would sort of settle there in a strange way. Oh, whatever. Hell, here it is. Oh and for whatever it's worth, you may be able to see a bit of One to Watch on my lid. I think you get a peek in the inner corner.

shontay07108

very pretty, what foundation are you wearing?
Thanks. The new Chanel foundation, Perfection Lumiere.
I'm not to sure about this collection, nothing really is a stand out to me. I think I'll be skipping
Not to enable you, but some items in this collection are more impressive when seen in person. Still, it's not one of my favorite collections this years. I think Fall Colour is more exciting.

DILLIGAF

I agree with your assesment of the ProLong Wear lipglasses. It will take extra work to make them look good, but like I said before its worth it. Well atleast Whoops! warrents the effort. One last caution though, avoid this if you dont like sticky glosses. These have to be the most sticky glosses I've ever come across.

BTW Shontay another winning lip color on you!

Teggy

I think I may return Driven by Love. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty color, but I already have Wonder Woman (which is gorgeous!) and Illamasqua's Succubus. Both are very similar. Maybe I'll exchange it for Lasting Achievement or use it to pre-buy something from the Fall Color line.

sss215

Dark as Night is my favorite. I really think you have to love the color to love the glosses. Using them is not going to be a quick process, but I loved working with the color and it gave me the results I was looking for. I know for sure, straight out the tube isn't going to work. But what does work is applying it off the back of my hands (I am an insane hand washer/hand sanitizer applier/90% alcohol sprayer, so anti bacteria police need not to worry, lol) I feel like this procedure gives the color a chance to warm up a bit. Then I use a lip brush, or even my finger to push the color and blend it in. This gloss also mixes well with balms cause it keeps its pigment, very, very well. I like to sheer out my lip color sometimes, and this gloss is great for that.
Its worth it for the color. Not sure if I would do it for the other colors; just the one of love.

Patricia

i wonder if sweet satisfaction is anything like twillery eyeshadow from the inventive quad... if so i need it cos i love twillery and i've already hit pan!

Piarpreet

so If i have keep ur cool i should get over the fact that unflappable is unswappable? so hard to get...they want my candy yum yum or my ovaries...

gracie90

I love Sweet Satisfaction! I've been wearing it every day for the past week and it's great :D
I put it on at 6.30am, spend my day running around the hospital and when I get home at 7 it's still there, exactly where I put it! If only they did long lasting eyeliners with this collection, I'm dying for a dark brown that I can put on in the morning and not worry about for the rest of the day
bigheart.gif

ahoythere

Remind me tomorrow and I can swatch both next to each other, but I can tell you right now that the texture of Twillery is much better. Butterier and frostier. Sweet Satisfaction looks more sheer.
i wonder if sweet satisfaction is anything like twillery eyeshadow from the inventive quad... if so i need it cos i love twillery and i've already hit pan!

Patricia

thanks so much!!! ugh MAC never repromotes de best shadows :( Twillery is probably the best neutral EVER!!! wish they made it again :(

Allura Beauty

Dark as Night is my favorite. I really think you have to love the color to love the glosses. Using them is not going to be a quick process, but I loved working with the color and it gave me the results I was looking for. I know for sure, straight out the tube isn't going to work. But what does work is applying it off the back of my hands (I am an insane hand washer/hand sanitizer applier/90% alcohol sprayer, so anti bacteria police need not to worry, lol) I feel like this procedure gives the color a chance to warm up a bit. Then I use a lip brush, or even my finger to push the color and blend it in. This gloss also mixes well with balms cause it keeps its pigment, very, very well. I like to sheer out my lip color sometimes, and this gloss is great for that.
Its worth it for the color. Not sure if I would do it for the other colors; just the one of love.

I couldn't get Dark as Night to look even on my lips, no matter how much I blended or layered. =/

Copperhead

Went to check out this collection tonight and while I didn't get anything because I'm focusing on finishing up my Posh Paradise haul, I absolutely MUST get Weathered, Sweet Satisfaction and Fresh Flare. Didn't pay much attention to the lip items because as usual, I kind of get overwhelmed in MAC stores. LOL. Those shadows look great though.

Latest posts