MAC Styledriven Discussion

LeeleeBell

I think my post/question was lost on the previous page:

Can anyone compare One to Watch to Expensive Pink for me? I know EP has more of a gold/sheen to it in the pan...

SatelliteDrmr

I'm skipping all of these for now. I have dupes. The formula interests me though. Legendary black would make a nice backup of Hocus Pocus, I think..

Anyway, did anyone pick up Keep Your Cool? I'm wondering if it's a good dupe for Smoke & Diamonds? I skipped S&D, and have regretted it ever since.

Thanks in advance!

Piarpreet

i think i confused names. Ill look into them later. Maybe tonight and take pictures I was remembering them from my head not actually looking at names.

Romp and Sweet Satisfaction are nothing alike. I can post a pic comparison if you'd like, since I own both?

Romp is far more golden, far darker.

Ro

BeautyByLele

I picked up a few things from this collection :

One to watch e/s (similar to texture but with out the sparkles) but I like both so its a keeper

Sunny Outlook e/s (more golden yellow than Sun Blonde) reminds me of SB but they are different enough for me to have both:)

Hot Paprika e/s (compared it to Coopering and Firecracker) they are different

Style Driven e/s (have nothing in my stash comparable )

Fresh Flare e/s ( have nothing like it) Super Pretty

Sweet Satisfaction - Love It !!!

Bittersweet l/l - just a basic dark brown liner, want to test, to see if it really is longwear

Ready or Not l/g - got a basic nude color to test out the formula to see if I like it, if so I will be picking up a few more. It is thick and sticky at first but it seems to wear off a little in time. Gotta test it out some more today.

Some stuff I might want to go back for, if I like the wear/staying power of products :

Carefree e/s
Weathered e/s
Tease w/ Ease e/s (Dont know about this one gotta swatch it some more. although Im thinking WoodWink by Urban Decay might be better)
Plush e/s (This one was missing so I didnt get a chance to swatch this one)
and maybe one of the brown e/s ( I already have Centre Stage from Peacocky and I love that one, so maybe I dont need another brown e/s)
More to Love l/l
and maybe one or two more glosses ( looking at the bright pink one !!!)

Piarpreet

SORRY for my horrible swatches and to the extent I thought these were dupable.... I swatched them under my room light at night and now with sun light up they show differences.

RIGHT TO LEFT (yes i know its so hard to see but this is the best pic my iphone could do) as a reference the golden one is retrospeck

all that glitters
one to watch
texture
kid
woodwinded
sweet satisfaction
romp
retrospeck
lay low (this is the one on left of golden and its on both pics) for reference
mulch
patina
make ur mark
carbonized
satin taupe
keep ur cool
smut

Top: nylon, carefree, albatross (NARS)
Hocus pocus, legendary black, coppering, hot paprika, weathered

Patricia

well well well, today i took my Inventive quad and my Warming Trend e/s to the MAC counter and compared them to All That Glitters and Sweet Satisfaction and i can safely say that SS is a very close dupe of Twillery (at least on me) if not prettier beacuse is a tad less frosty!

yahoo.gif

All That Glitters is pinker and Warming Trend is more gold... so happy i got it!!! i stopped using Twillery even though is one of my fave shadows cos i already hit pan but now i have SS i can use it more and it comes in an even bigger size than normal shadows so not gonna run out any time soon...

Haven

I went to MAC today to test these products & to get a sneak peek at MAC Fall Color - thanks to one of my favorite SAs.

I really like the new shadows. I agree that the colors are not too unique, but the texture/formula seems very nice. I ended up with Keep Your Cool, Sweet Satisfaction, and Lie Low. Probably somewhat dupable, but I really love how these shadows apply & last.

I also wanted to get Weathered, One to Watch, and Hot Paprika. Since this collection is perm, I will wait a while for those.

I agree that Legendary Black is like HP on redux. It didn't have the beauty of HP. If I ever run out of HP, then I may get this. It will be a poor substitute though IMO.

I bought Whoops, even though the glosses are getting crappy reviews. I just love this color so much that I am willing to try to make it work. I probably will not get anymore until they improve the formula.

Prettypackages

finally got to check these out.

I didn't mind the glosses either. I put it on my hand to warm and used an applicator to put it on. Since I eat through my lipstick and lipgloss, I need this thick, honey textured gloss.

I didn't bother to look at the lipsticks. Too many to look at. I loved the lip liners. I found the perfect nude for me, etceetra, and will probably out line and fill in my lips with this one.

I liked the eyeshadows. I only walked away with two though, one to watch and carefree. I agree with what Shontay said about one to watch. It is the perfect, peachy/brown color. Now I had to snatch up carefree when I swatched it and almost passed it by. It looks white in the pan and comes out this beautiful golden color with sheen. It is GORGEOUS!!!! I'm looking forward to using this one. I'll take my time getting all of the other colors. I look forward to replacing some of my fave lippies, and glosses with the pro line.

Prettypackages

I didn't think lie low was that much like mulch. It seemed to be a bit lighter and softer. I think there are dupes out there of these, but like it has been said, there is a softer quality to them. I am going to get the ones that I don't have anything like, like the two I got tonight. I am really in love with these two colors. LOL

check out the look suggestions, this blogger posted about style driven hot paprika. she suggested in the first pic the model on the right is wearing it. I love this look and can't wait to try it. http://addictedtoallthingspretty.com/2011/09/mac-makeup-trends-spotted-in-j-coles-work-out-video/

Now I need you all to tell me how to do JLO's makeup in the Fiat commercial.

Prettypackages

Oh one last thing, I can't wait to see carefree over treasure hunt paint pot (I think that is the color of the yellow one). LOL

BrownEy3d

^^ I have both Lie Low and Mulch and they aren't similar to me either. Lie Low is definitely lighter, not as shimmery as Mulch and of course, softer. On me, it's a soft brown with the SLIGHTEST rosy undertone...(it's weird, because looking at it in the pan, I dont see it, but on my skin, it's just THERE). I'm planning on going back for One to Watch, it was very pretty. But for me, being the neutral obsessed girl I am, I'm loving Lie Low as an all over lid shade for me.

Allura Beauty

I like the collection, but it's certainly not my favorite.

My picks (being a neutrals girl) would be:

Lipglass - Ready or Not
Lipcreme - Soft Shell & Till Tomorrow
Lip Pencil - Staunchly Stylish
Shadow- Legendary Black & Sweet Satisfaction

honybr

I picked up Fresh Flare and Dark as Night today. I can't pass up a green eyeshadow or a dark lipgloss. Love Fresh Flare. It's the green I've been searching for. Not minty, not teal, not yellowish, just straight green. I also really like Dark as Night. I found when I put vasaline under the color it didn't seem near as sticky as all the reviews make it sound. Of course, I wear a lot of Kat Von D glosses and I have never ever found anything more sticky than those. Yes, you have to take your time to make it even, but this is the color I was willing to do this for. I'm sure I'll end up getting a liner or 2 from this collection, but I'm going to experience something I never seem to get to with MAC. Taking my time. I was starting to think MAC forgot what permenant meant.

sss215

I picked up Fresh Flare and Dark as Night today. I can't pass up a green eyeshadow or a dark lipgloss. Love Fresh Flare. It's the green I've been searching for. Not minty, not teal, not yellowish, just straight green. I also really like Dark as Night. I found when I put vasaline under the color it didn't seem near as sticky as all the reviews make it sound. Of course, I wear a lot of Kat Von D glosses and I have never ever found anything more sticky than those. Yes, you have to take your time to make it even, but this is the color I was willing to do this for. I'm sure I'll end up getting a liner or 2 from this collection, but I'm going to experience something I never seem to get to with MAC. Taking my time. I was starting to think MAC forgot what permenant meant.
HA!

Fresh Flare is so, so pretty! Dark as Night is good over with MAC's lip conditioner (used that in the store) and my Badger Cocoa Butter lip balm too.

MAChostage

I think I have every green e/s MAC has. Wondering how unique Fresh Flare can be. Is it just the texture that has everyone crazy about it, maybe? Which other MAC green is the color most comparable to?

elegant-one

I picked up Staunchly Stylish lp which is so perfect for my darker mauvey pigmented lips. And In Anticipation lp which is really pretty on. They feel creamy at first going on, but then feel a tad tacky/sticky & you really can't move the color around - well I couldn't. But having said that I love the colors & how they really really really stay put! And the lipstick you put on over them stays put too forever ;) I will get a few more colors like the red & the nude Etc. & .....well I'll probably end up with most of them.

elegant-one

^^ I have both Lie Low and Mulch and they aren't similar to me either. Lie Low is definitely lighter, not as shimmery as Mulch and of course, softer. On me, it's a soft brown with the SLIGHTEST rosy undertone...(it's weird, because looking at it in the pan, I dont see it, but on my skin, it's just THERE). I'm planning on going back for One to Watch, it was very pretty. But for me, being the neutral obsessed girl I am, I'm loving Lie Low as an all over lid shade for me.

I LOVED Lie Low ( not like Mulch) when I swatched it today - perfect beautiful color! I will order it.

Swirlgirl

I am head over heels in love with these eye shadows...they swatch a little meh, but they are so perfect in use - great color, AMAZING texture. The thing I love the most is that they're able to be blended without losing the color. I wasn't sure what to expect, but these really are fantastic. I think they need to be used to be appreciated. Swatching just doesn't do them justice. I purchased 4 of them and have another 4 sitting in my online cart waiting for Fall Colour to arrive.

I wasn't crazy about the one lip pencil I tried (Absolutely It). For one, it seemed to pull really brown on me and I hated the texture - it really seemed to make my lips dry and had this odd stickiness to it as it was setting. I have to say, it initially went on really nice - super smooth, with great color payoff, but after it had been on 30 sec. or a minute that it felt weird. And dry.

I skipped the l/s and glosses for now. I hate the shape of the lipstick itself - it goes on so messy (I think my lip size and shape, just don't work with the shape of those lipsticks - and I don't like regular lipglass because of the stickiness, so I knew to avoid these glosses.
But seriously, Her Greyness was spot on (as usual) - these e/s are wonderful. I can't wait to get more.

Prettypackages

I bought the nude and tried on the red today, both beautiful colors. I really, really like the glosses. I can't wait to try the lipsticks. There were just too many to look at once.

foxxylatina07

In the beginning I was a bit hesistant to look at this collection but the curiosity got the best of me. So today I stopped by Macy's to get the Matchmaster foundation and to look at what would catch my attention from this collection. Well let me just say that I will be going back to get at least two more of the e/s and lipglosses. I ended up with Keep Your Cool e/s, Whoops, and Full Speed Ahead l/g. I gotta say I love what I bought as I selected them very carefully. What made me buy KYC was that it was a dark grey brown and its the perfect color to pair with Centre Stage e/s from Peacocky. It makes the colors more intense without wearing black for a super smokey eye. I love it. The color was made for me. Now onto the glosses, I didn't feel I had to work too much with them. I just applied a small coat on the bottom lip and spread it around with my finger making sure all the areas were covered. Then I added a tad on the upper lip and the end result was really good no gooey mess. It's very pigmented even if little product is used. Yes it is sticky but I think that's what makes it so long lasting. I haven't tested their lasting power yet but I will this week. I will also take a picture of the eye combo. If you missed out on Centre Stage, Make Your Mark is close enough.