MAC Styledriven Discussion

DILLIGAF

Went to check out this collection tonight and while I didn't get anything because I'm focusing on finishing up my Posh Paradise haul, I absolutely MUST get Weathered, Sweet Satisfaction and Fresh Flare. Didn't pay much attention to the lip items because as usual, I kind of get overwhelmed in MAC stores. LOL. Those shadows look great though.

Tomorrow I'm going to give some of these shadows a 2nd look. Specially Styledriven and Fresh Flare.

MadTheologian

I am glad that the stuff is permanent, so I have time to think and compare swatches with this one particular eyeshadow palette I have. I think I have a dupe with Weathered. I do not think I have a dupe with Fresh Flare.

Copperhead

Tomorrow I'm going to give some of these shadows a 2nd look. Specially Styledriven and Fresh Flare.
For some reason I didn't pay attention to Styledriven tonight. That's the pretty baby blue one right? I have to say though that Fresh Flare is one of the prettiest greens I've ever seen.

DILLIGAF

Yes Styledriven the the baby blue one. I only have a shadow in that sort of color in a matte finish. Can't wait to see Fresh Flare.

Piarpreet

I'm so upset!

I found dupes for most of them :(

Legendary black=hocus pocus (and its going back)
make your mark=(almost) carbon
carefree=nylon
sweet satisfaction=romp
hot paprika=(quite similar)coppering
lie low=mulch
one to watch=(quite similar) texture
Pink frontier=(almost) mineral mode

They r almost all going back!

DILLIGAF

I'm so upset!

carefree=nylon
sweet satisfaction=romp
lie low=mulch

It's better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
In layman's terms you were able to get the colors you thought you wanted rather than later lament never having gotten them in the first place.

Prettypackages

when everyone said how thick it was, I was thinking I'd try putting it on my hand first.
Dark as Night is my favorite. I really think you have to love the color to love the glosses. Using them is not going to be a quick process, but I loved working with the color and it gave me the results I was looking for. I know for sure, straight out the tube isn't going to work. But what does work is applying it off the back of my hands (I am an insane hand washer/hand sanitizer applier/90% alcohol sprayer, so anti bacteria police need not to worry, lol) I feel like this procedure gives the color a chance to warm up a bit. Then I use a lip brush, or even my finger to push the color and blend it in. This gloss also mixes well with balms cause it keeps its pigment, very, very well. I like to sheer out my lip color sometimes, and this gloss is great for that.
Its worth it for the color. Not sure if I would do it for the other colors; just the one of love.

shontay07108

One to Watch comes out more of a rosy golden brown on me and that's why I prefer it over Texture. Fresh Flare is gorgeous (green shadow freak here). It's not overly frosty. Styledriven is the best shimmery light blue I've come across. I forgot to get Sweet Satisfaction. I might have to go ahead and get it next week. No panic, though b/c it's permanent.

LeeleeBell

I checked out the collection at my local counter, and walked away with Sweet Satisfaction, Pink Frontier, and Endless Drama lipstick.

I am second guessing Sweet Satisfaction only because I have a couple of similar colors and they don't look great on me despite how pretty they are...Why
do I keep doing that?
fool.gif
I am too tired to compare it to the colors I was thinking of just now that might be similar...will do tomorrow (UD Ruthless, Nars Cyprus)

I do SO love Pink Frontier e/s though, and especially Endless Drama. Now THIS is going to be my fall lipstick of choice...it is so beautiful (Endless Drama). As soon as I saw it, my jaw dropped and I let out a little gasp. The MAC MA laughed in agreement. It is sooooo gorgeous and the texture on this one in particular (very smooth, matte) is so perfect.

There are a couple of other items I am considering getting at a later date, but will wait since they are permanent (Carefee e/s, Pro-Long lipstick)...these were just my must haves at the moment :)

By the way...do you all think One to Watch is kind of similar to Expensive pink?

Piarpreet

ya but that slight difference is not worth 20 bucks to me

One to Watch comes out more of a rosy golden brown on me and that's why I prefer it over Texture. Fresh Flare is gorgeous (green shadow freak here). It's not overly frosty. Styledriven is the best shimmery light blue I've come across. I forgot to get Sweet Satisfaction. I might have to go ahead and get it next week. No panic, though b/c it's permanent.

shontay07108

That's fine. I'm just saying it is to me. I don't use Texture much, but One to Watch will be in the rotation. It's just better for me.

romi79_2008

Could you please do swatches side by side, I was bummed when Temptalia gave those up, they were very helpful. I`m sorry that you spent so many money on dupes, But I~m happy they are dupes :)
I'm so upset!

carefree=nylon
sweet satisfaction=romp
lie low=mulch

LMD84

Oh and I wore One to Watch shadow today. I think it's a lovely natural shadow. It's lighter and slightly rosy on my skin and that makes it interesting. A great staple. I bought so many shadows yesterday, I can't even decide what to try tomorrow.
ohboy.gif
i'm sad about how much work the glosses actually take to look good :( i was so excited for them. i know i won't be buying anymore now. at first i wanted to try some of the darker shades but now i shall skip completely

Icecaramellatte

Wow! I thought I posted here last night. I saw the new collecition. I didn't try the lip colors but I liked the eyeshadows. I planned to try one color but I couldn't decide so I didn't get anything. I think I will get some next week though. I really liked almost all of the colors.

sss215

That's fine. I'm just saying it is to me. I don't use Texture much, but One to Watch will be in the rotation. It's just better for me.
I agree! I am going to finish up Texture and replace it with this one. Texture has micro shimmer, aka tiny glitter. I prefer One to Watch because it doesn't.

makeupgrrl

I actually don't think the glosses take all that much work. I think that the new applicator makes it a little more difficult to get an even application, but once you spend the extra couple of seconds to apply it it lasts much longer than a normal gloss for me. I am in love with Whoops!...I wore it yesterday and it stayed for about 5 hours, I also found that once it was on it didn't feel sticky which I Love because my hair didn't keep getting stuck in it. It felt creamy on my lips, I suggest anyone interested try them out, because you may end up liking them as opposed to the regular Lip Glasses. I end up usually skipping all together on lipgloss, because I hate reapplying lip product throughout the day, but I will definitely be picking up a few more of the Pro Long Wear glosses.

martiangurll

I'm so upset!

carefree=nylon
sweet satisfaction=romp
lie low=mulch

I swatched almost all of these on my forearm last night! First of all, Legendary Black is lighter and more taupe than Keep Your Cool, which is almost black with slightly smoked plum nanoglitters. Keep Your Cool was to me quite unique and gorgeous and I could not think of any dupes. I don;t think it looks quite like Carbon because of the nanoglitters which add an extra dimension to it. (No offense Priarpeet!) Plus the texture makes it stand out--dramatically. Carbon is quite flat and one dimensional, this is just lovely--my second favorite of the bunch.

Weathered was simply beautiful, and I am on the fence about it because it is so unique and lovely but I just cannot justify another greyed blue because I really like the one that came in the Lady Justice WW quad, and I will never use both in a lifetime. You cannot appreciate the shimmery nanoglitters of stormy blue and blue gray from a monitor and need to see this IRL. I will probably get this anyway, because it was my favorite of the bunch and I know like with the Peacocky shadows, even if I have dupes, I will probably swap the dupes because the texture of these is just a delight to work with!

I love the baby blue one (Styledriven) It was simply beautiful and the texture was buttery. I hardly ever wear blues, but I will get this one just because it is such a delight to work with.

I did not think SS looks that much like Romp, I think it is much lighter and more golden beige, but then again, I did not swatch them side by side and I am going on memory.

I agree Hot Paprika is very similar to Coppering and not all that unique (but beautiful and again, the texture is lovely) Probably not worth $20 if you aren't on Team Orange.

Pink Frontier was the most metallic/frosty of the bunch and that made me not want it, although the delicate light pinkness of it was beautiful. If the finish was more like Satin, it would have been a keeper.

I don't have Mulch, so cannot compare it to Lie Low, but this was a beautiful color and I will definitely annex this to my collection when my wallet isn't exhausted buying LE items.

I don't have Hocus Pocus yet, so I cannot compare to Legendary Black, but this color disappointed me because it wasn't black at all and it wasn't unique enough to call itself legendary, so I am skipping it just for having a presumptious name.

I am quite glad these are permanent because I know I am going to do a Peacocky manouvre and go back for them again and again because the texture is just so delicious--I want to eat these up. Again if you have dupes of these, I would consider how much you love the finish of the dupes, because the texture is so buttery, I can justify purchase of any of these for that reason alone.

LeeleeBell

Romp and Sweet Satisfaction are nothing alike. I can post a pic comparison if you'd like, since I own both?

Romp is far more golden, far darker.

Ro