MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
oy.. I have some Red Twins items
cutey.gif
th_LMAO.gif
I have been wearing a pink cream blush and a red lippie.. but again, can never be sure if this is the same collection.. but the WN is Red Twins
shockt.gif
sneaky.gif

If it's anything like the Lilyland Cremeblend blushes, I'm excited. My skin loves a nice creamy blush after a long drying winter!

btw, i LOVE pink blush/red lip combos
heart.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I don't like cream blushes
ssad.gif
It does not work on my oily / combination skin.

i still haven't tried a cream blush! i really want Florida from the lillyland collection so i have it on my parents 'cco look out for' list.
smiles.gif
so i don't knwo how my skin will react to a cream blush!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ooohh cream blush! very cool
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I don't like cream blushes
ssad.gif
It does not work on my oily / combination skin.

th_cheerup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
If it's anything like the Lilyland Cremeblend blushes, I'm excited. My skin loves a nice creamy blush after a long drying winter!

btw, i LOVE pink blush/red lip combos
heart.gif

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
Cream blushes =
th_e2cloud9.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
i still haven't tried a cream blush! i really want Florida from the lillyland collection so i have it on my parents 'cco look out for' list.
smiles.gif

Hope you'll like it.
yes.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosdrielle
We have no online store either in Ireland, no stores at all, free standing or pro! I'm so envious of the UK and US girls who can order online! And if you have a Pro card here, it's only usable at one counter in the whole country. I know Ireland is probably a very small market compared to the US and Britain, but we have feelings and make-up needs too!

To think that there are any times where MAC has a sale is just mind-boggling to me.

With Ireland it seems especially stupid, since it would be pretty simple for them to open up the UK online store to Irish customers.

We are actually getting MAC online, through Kicks which is a big Swedish beauty and makeup chain, on August 25th. But it will only be the permanent collection.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
With Ireland it seems especially stupid, since it would be pretty simple for them to open up the UK online store to Irish customers.

We are actually getting MAC online, through Kicks which is a big Swedish beauty and makeup chain, on August 25th. But it will only be the permanent collection.

iagree.gif
it does seem extremely silly that people in Ireland can't just buy from the uk site
th_dunno.gif

spunky

i was having a wee think about this spain/ireland not having access to an online store. why don't mac set up a general EUROPEAN site? surely it can't be that hard to have a wee language selecter at the top, and a currency changer for countries not using Euros?

then EVERY mac addict in europe would have access to collections, and if they stopped doing silly small amounts of products... problem solved!

sure there's a few flaws with my idea but in theory it'd work right?

red lipsticks are a sure-fire way to get me to part with my money
tong.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i was having a wee think about this spain/ireland not having access to an online store. why don't mac set up a general EUROPEAN site? surely it can't be that hard to have a wee language selecter at the top, and a currency changer for countries not using Euros?

then EVERY mac addict in europe would have access to collections, and if they stopped doing silly small amounts of products... problem solved!

sure there's a few flaws with my idea but in theory it'd work right?

red lipsticks are a sure-fire way to get me to part with my money
tong.gif

Shipping is the problem. Long distances, multiple postal services, etc, etc. NARS has the kind of setup you describe, and they charge €20
shockt.gif
or some crazy amount like that for shipping to Sweden.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Shipping is the problem. Long distances, multiple postal services, etc, etc. NARS has the kind of setup you describe, and they charge €20
shockt.gif
or some crazy amount like that for shipping to Sweden.

the way round that is possibly by keeping the regional distribution centres instead of having one main one. idunno, i only did 2 years of business management at uni so i'm not sure how it all works
th_dunno.gif
i guess that's the problem with ideas, in reality they hardly ever work
ssad.gif

liba

Quote:
smiles.gif

I find them trickier to apply than just a simple powder - hard to apply evenly. If you put on too much or if you don't dab it on in just the right spots, you wind up having to do a lot more blending. I like a 190 brush the best, since I need to do the least blending with it, but a 188 works too.

Also, I find I need to open them up periodically and sort of smooth out the top layer, especially if it's been very hot (that's probably not necessary, but I've caught my Lillyland ones "sweating" a bit, which makes me nervous.)

On the upside, they give a gorgeous satiny glow to dry skin - very natural looking once you've got the hang of applying it. Also, if you have peachfuzzy cheeks, obviously cream blush will minimize that, unlike some powders. I like skipping foundation as much as possible, so cream blush is helpful there. I've tried some crappy ones in the past, but if the Cremeblend formula comes back around, that's a real winner.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I find them trickier to apply than just a simple powder - hard to apply evenly. If you put on too much or if you don't dab it on in just the right spots, you wind up having to do a lot more blending. I like a 190 brush the best, since I need to do the least blending with it, but a 188 works too.

Also, I find I need to open them up periodically and sort of smooth out the top layer, especially if it's been very hot (that's probably not necessary, but I've caught my Lillyland ones "sweating" a bit, which makes me nervous.)

On the upside, they give a gorgeous satiny glow to dry skin - very natural looking once you've got the hang of applying it. Also, if you have peachfuzzy cheeks, obviously cream blush will minimize that, unlike some powders. I like skipping foundation as much as possible, so cream blush is helpful there. I've tried some crappy ones in the past, but if the Cremeblend formula comes back around, that's a real winner.

awesome tips sweetie! thanks so much!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
smiles.gif

i have an extra one just sitting around if you'd like...

liba

Quote:
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

You should go for it! Florida is outrageous!

If you use a little toner on your face before you apply it and try not to grind it into your skin when you blend it, I'm sure your skin won't be unhappy.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

pm'ing you!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I got the other pink one from Lillyland, it's so pretty! I really want to get a few from Illamasqua.

They are seriously good!
yes.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I got the other pink one from Lillyland, it's so pretty! I really want to get a few from Illamasqua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
They are seriously good!
yes.gif

Good to know, I want to try out Illamasqua and I didn't know what to choose first
tong.gif

LMD84

i still don't own anything from illamasqua, although the creamy metal shadow things looked good
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Good to know, I want to try out Illamasqua and I didn't know what to choose first
tong.gif

From the creamblushers I have Rude (superpretty peachy colour) and Lies (for highlighting). They are dewy and feel so smooth on skin, nothing I've ever tried before.
smiles.gif

Quote:
i still don't own anything from illamasqua, although the creamy metal shadow things looked good
smiles.gif

Be careful, it's an addictive brand, but lovely all the way!
sneaky.gif

Latest posts