MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
From the creamblushers I have Rude (superpretty peachy colour) and Lies (for highlighting). They are dewy and feel so smooth on skin, nothing I've ever tried before.
smiles.gif

Be careful, it's an addictive brand, but lovely all the way!
sneaky.gif

yeah i'm bad enough with mac and urban decay products, now i have discovered mufe... soon to discover Chanel... perhaps i should stay away from illamasqua!

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah i'm bad enough with mac and urban decay products, now i have discovered mufe... soon to discover Chanel... perhaps i should stay away from illamasqua!

Yeah I know what you mean avoiding getting attached to too many brands! But if you ever take a leap to the dark side try Illamasqua.
winks.gif

GlamQueen21

I don't own anything from Illamasqua yet! I don't know why! I also haven't discovered Chanel and am discovering MUFE.

BabysOnFire

Ugh, I feel the same way with being scared to become addicted to other brands in addition to MAC! I've slowlyyyy been discovering Urban Decay, MUFE and NARS as of late and (fortunately? UN-fortunately? I'm not sure lol) I've been impressed and want to try more. At least I can't get my hands on Illamasqua yet, as Sephora doesn't ship this to Canada and that's the only place I could buy it, as far as I know... And if I'm wrong I might just have to channel my inner 5-year-old and put my hands over my ears while yelling "LA LA LA, I can't hearrrr youuuu!!!" for my wallet's sake.
tong.gif

LMD84

i'd love to become addicted to Nars, however it's just so expencive! i only have one blush but would love more!

coachkitten

I am not a big fan of the cream blushes either. Like Susanne they just don't work with my combination skin.

I only have one Illmasqua blush in "Katie" and I love it. It is super pigmented. I would love to get more of their products.

Almus

Cosmetics addiction is serious business idd. I will be long-term addicted to MUFE and Illamasqua if I try them, I just know it, and well honestly, I've been reading their forum sections so, I doomed!

The only problem is that I amd already a yunkie for NARS, Chanel (yes, mami loves expensive brands ¬¬) Bobbi Brown and MAC (which will ruin my economy with so many collections). So it's time for MAC to release som new info or I won't make myself responsible for trying out new products lol.

LittleMaryJane

I'm afraid to even try a cream blush. They just seem, like some of you guys said, like they wouldn't work well with my oily skin. I just don't like the texture at all.. And I also feel like I'd make a mess with it.

Almus

I do have oily skin and I wear Cactus Flower from NARS almost every summer days. It tends to stick better to my skin in the super-hot days than powder blushes and I haven't noticed it makes my skin any worse
smiles.gif

About applying it, I do that with my fingers (mostly cause I am too lazy) but you should try the brush 130 from MAC, it's just amazing for cream face products.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am not a big fan of the cream blushes either. Like Susanne they just don't work with my combination skin.

I only have one Illmasqua blush in "Katie" and I love it. It is super pigmented. I would love to get more of their products.

well it'd be rude if you didn't buy that!
smiles.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
i still don't own anything from illamasqua, although the creamy metal shadow things looked good
smiles.gif

Lou, you have to come up to newcastle and come make up shopping with me, and I must help you discover your 'alter ego' I love there products

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysOnFire
Ugh, I feel the same way with being scared to become addicted to other brands in addition to MAC! I've slowlyyyy been discovering Urban Decay, MUFE and NARS as of late and (fortunately? UN-fortunately? I'm not sure lol) I've been impressed and want to try more. At least I can't get my hands on Illamasqua yet, as Sephora doesn't ship this to Canada and that's the only place I could buy it, as far as I know... And if I'm wrong I might just have to channel my inner 5-year-old and put my hands over my ears while yelling "LA LA LA, I can't hearrrr youuuu!!!" for my wallet's sake.
tong.gif

You can buy off the Illamasqua site, I hate to be an enabler but I have to for this!

I also have Katie blush, I love it so much, it's my HG

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
Lou, you have to come up to newcastle and come make up shopping with me, and I must help you discover your 'alter ego' I love there products

You can buy off the Illamasqua site, I hate to be an enabler but I have to for this!

aw i'd love to go to newcastle shopping! i have been once before with friends for a girls weekend and it was fun. we also went to a club called blue bambo if i remember rightly!

DollyGirl92

Quote:
aw i'd love to go to newcastle shopping! i have been once before with friends for a girls weekend and it was fun. we also went to a club called blue bambo if i remember rightly!

It's good because the Boots is huge, and it kinda goes fenwicks/john lewis/boots and then out of fenwicks across the road is LUSH and SpaceNK

There's one I know of in Sunderland called blue bambu, not sure about newcastle, if I go out in Newcastle I'll only go to Krash and Gotham town

LMD84

Quote:
It's good because the Boots is huge, and it kinda goes fenwicks/john lewis/boots and then out of fenwicks across the road is LUSH and SpaceNK

There's one I know of in Sunderland called blue bambu, not sure about newcastle, if I go out in Newcastle I'll only go to Krash and Gotham town

ok that sounds freaking awesome!!!

BabysOnFire

Quote:

Uh ohhh... I need to check this out. Thanks for letting me know!
th_DANCE.gif
I appreciate it very much (my wallet, however, is probably not your biggest fan right now). LOL
smiles.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I don't like cream blushes
ssad.gif
It does not work on my oily / combination skin.

Quote:
i still haven't tried a cream blush! i really want Florida from the lillyland collection so i have it on my parents 'cco look out for' list.
smiles.gif
so i don't knwo how my skin will react to a cream blush!

Okay ladies, I know this is a MAC chat, but I had trouble getting the cream blushies to work too until I tried Guerlain bubble blushers (they are in really cute little pot) They are very easy to apply finger paint style then just buff with a flat top brush. If this clumsy girl can do it, you can too.

cno64

Quote:
i am thinking that it will be more classic colours like matte shades of browns and taupes with bright lip colours
smiles.gif

OOH, I'd love that!
I wish they'd offer some more Matte Squared eyeshadows, and new Dazzleglasses always get me drooling (wouldn't be at all upset by a re-release of "Boys Go Crazy," though some brand new shades would be astounding).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:

I was safe until I knew this... The imagery associated with all of their collections has basically been a catalogue of everything I like from what I've seen. Was looking at their lippies and... whoa... dark lip heaven.

I will not go place an order from the Illamasqua site.

karester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
I'm imagining something quite retro, 1940s-50s perhaps?? The Pin-Up era......Stylishly Yours.

That would be amazing. I love that time period.

Latest posts