MAC - Suite Array Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminbarley
Thanks for that, VioletB.
smiles.gif

I know that's probably a big difference for an MA or someone who is really into MAC and makeup, but I'm not sure that my eye is so discerning when it comes to the difference between "shimmer" and "glittery sparkle."
blinks.gif

I think I'm probably going to have to wait for some swatches to see what you mean.
greengrin.gif

Hopefully this can clarify a little.

What she means by "Shimmer" is it has a light reflective gentle metallic quality to it. It catches the light but in a soft way. Suitable for day wear. Adds a glow to the eyes.

The Pearlglide pencils have an overtly "Glitterly sparkle" to them. It has visible, more obvious glitter particles in it (though not chunky as say, the Softsparkle Pencils's glitter effect). The base formula to the Pearlglides actually are a bit metallic already, so the final result is a dramatic liner. Not exactly the usual day wear kind of liner. Catches the light and reflects alot more.

darkishstar

Dammit!
Now I want some of these.
Bankroll, Miss Fortune, Wolf...
and Team Violets.

I've been a sucker for purple lately...

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Hopefully this can clarify a little.

What she means by "Shimmer" is it has a light reflective gentle metallic quality to it. It catches the light but in a soft way. Suitable for day wear. Adds a glow to the eyes.

The Pearlglide pencils have an overtly "Glitterly sparkle" to them. It has visible, more obvious glitter particles in it (though not chunky as say, the Softsparkle Pencils's glitter effect). The base formula to the Pearlglides actually are a bit metallic already, so the final result is a dramatic liner. Not exactly the usual day wear kind of liner. Catches the light and reflects alot more.

Yeah. What he said!!!
yes.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Thanks BunnyBunnyBunny, that does help. I think I had a general inkling of the difference betweem the two, but my brain couldn't quite take me there.
greengrin.gif

They sound beautiful and great for jazzing up night-time looks, as you suggested. Can we say "Dazzleglass for the eyes", or is that going too far?
yes.gif

Great analogy!!! They are definately dazzle-liners!!
smiles.gif

VioletB

Quote:
^^ I didn't pick up any Dazzleglasses because of the weight concern and I knew that if I bought one, I'd be tempted to buy another.

I'm definitely getting my hands on some of these though - looks like Feline is off the list.
greengrin.gif

You're going to skip Feline?? But the more people that buy it the more MAC would consider making it permanent!! BUY people BUY!! Feline that is.
smiles.gif
choochoo.gif

erine1881

i'm only doing this once, so pop open those peepers.
shockt.gif

IMG_1077-1.jpg

the visual is suppose to be blurry. its not because i can't take pics.
th_LMAO.gif

IMG_1068-1-1.jpg

IMG_1078-1.jpg

IMG_1066-1.jpg

IMG_1067-1.jpg

the sparkles didn't show up too great in the darker colors, but believe me, they're there.
yes.gif

SMMY

Those eyeliners look fabulous. Thank you so much erine for sharing these.
*Revises shopping list yet again*

imperfectbeauty

omg i want almost all the liners. they are stunning!!

ok i actually plan on getting them all except for Miss Fortune and Molasses. lol. im crazy i know but these are so hott!!

damsel

the liners look awesome. the shadows on the other hand, not so much. loving the looks of rave, fly-by-blu, wolf & black russian.

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

Wow. Love the glitter liners, all of them! I've come to the point where I don't NEED everything I love. I think I only NEED Rave. For now.

CantAffordMAC

OMG look at the liners, they look wet! I love almost all of them...the shadows not so much.

Those liners are ridiculous. Are they smudge proof, let me go back and look (and pray)

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Are they smudge proof, let me go back and look (and pray)

yes.gif
well, smudge resistant. trust me, these things don't move.

Susanne

I LOVE YOU ALL!! (Ehm, I am not Michael Jackson...)

Erine, thanks for these pics! Big hug!
winkiss.gif

OMG.
drools.gif
I want

Eye shadow suites:

Blue Zone - Deep grey/green with silver pearlized pigments/Light ice blue with silver pearlized pigments

Counterparts - Deep forest with gold pearlized pigments/Mid-tone orange with gold pearlized pigments

Shallow v. Deep - Bluish green with gold pearlized pigments/Mint with silver pearlized pigments

Pearglide Liners:

Fly-by-Blu - Light blue with blue glitter

Black Russian - Black with navy blue glitter

Bankroll - Rich green with bright green sparkle

darkishstar

Is it because of your eyeshape Erine that the eyeliners don't move? Or are they REALLY smudge-resistant? I've pretty much given up on eyeliners. Even the Urban Decay 24/7 don't stay on me.
ssad.gif

BUT I LOVE the look of Wolf, Rave, Fly-By-Blu, Black Russian, and Bank Roll.

I don't really want any of the duos though.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Is it because of your eyeshape Erine that the eyeliners don't move? Or are they REALLY smudge-resistant? I've pretty much given up on eyeliners. Even the Urban Decay 24/7 don't stay on me.
ssad.gif

BUT I LOVE the look of Wolf, Rave, Fly-By-Blu, Black Russian, and Bank Roll.

I don't really want any of the duos though.

they don't move. i swatched em on my hand, and started rubbing em with my fingers to see if they moved, and they didn't budge. then i washed my hands with soap and water, and they still didn't move. i had to scrub to get them to half way come off.

you know how paint pots dry down and don't move? that's how these puppies are.
yes.gif