MAC - Surf Baby Discussion

dreamer246

I have somewhat more restraint now because I've recently just spent a whole lot of cash, and my bank account is at the lowest its ever been. Haha I think the nearest MAC counter would still be town area, NTU is seriously not close to civilization. :p

The MAC lip conditioners are great! I bought the one in the tube and one in pot form, plus the prep+prime lip (not exactly a conditioner, but it has conditioning properties and works great as a moisturizing lipstick base!). I thought the pot form one was good until I tried the tube one which was even better. Now I put the pot at home (because I don't want to dirty my hands on the go) for use as my overnight lip conditioner. My only minor gripe is that the tube conditioner doesn't come with SPF, but it's not too big a deal for me since the SPF level is usually too low to have much of an impact anyways. You should try it too!

BeckyBenett

I have somewhat more restraint now because I've recently just spent a whole lot of cash, and my bank account is at the lowest its ever been. Haha I think the nearest MAC counter would still be town area, NTU is seriously not close to civilization. :p
The MAC lip conditioners are great! I bought the one in the tube and one in pot form, plus the prep+prime lip (not exactly a conditioner, but it has conditioning properties and works great as a moisturizing lipstick base!). I thought the pot form one was good until I tried the tube one which was even better. Now I put the pot at home (because I don't want to dirty my hands on the go) for use as my overnight lip conditioner. My only minor gripe is that the tube conditioner doesn't come with SPF, but it's not too big a deal for me since the SPF level is usually too low to have much of an impact anyways. You should try it too!
Oooh! Okies.. I'll try out one at the MAC counter tomorrow! How exciting! I hope it works better than the other lip balms.. I agree with you about the SPF though. Most balms have such a low SPF (~12) that I don't see why they bother at all. Usually I only have my tinted moisturizer and Ill jus dab some on my lips for the SPF. Especially now that Singapore is crazy warm!

And I have so been there! But there are tons of fall collections coming in Sept/Oct so you must save up for those!! It's exciting!! =)

PinkBasset

I'm loving Mac's lip conditioners too! I keep the pot one as a night time moisturizer like Winnie does. The squeezy tube is handy on the go.

BeckyBenett

I'm loving Mac's lip conditioners too! I keep the pot one as a night time moisturizer like Winnie does. The squeezy tube is handy on the go.
Yup, I got the tube one at the counter last night! Have not used it yet but I will try it out later tonight. I hate it when I buy makeup and have no time to play around with it. sigh.

PinkBasset

as much as i loved your basset bag pic - i love your new one! wow! :)

Aww you're a sweetheart Lou, thank you!
blush-anim-cl.gif

berryjuicy

I finally got around to wearing Sun Blonde today and I love it! I wasn't overly impressed when I swatched it on my hand. It seemed extremely sheer, but applied over girl friendly as a wash, it's beautiful.

I'm considering mocha. I wish I could see it on someone with a similar complexion before I make a decision.

shontay07108

[quote name="berryjuicy" url="/forum/thread/172561/mac-surf-baby-discussion/4980#post_2139517"] I finally got around to wearing Sun Blonde today and I love it! I wasn't overly impressed when I swatched it on my hand. It seemed extremely sheer, but applied over girl friendly as a wash, it's beautiful.

I'm considering mocha. I wish I could see it on someone with a similar complexion before I make a decision.
[/quote] Glad you like Sun Blonde. It's one of my favorites. There's a pic of me wearing Mocha with a little Krazy Kahuna over it(it doesn't really change the color, just adds shine) in the swatch thread. I think we are close in complexion.

LMD84

I finally got around to wearing Sun Blonde today and I love it! I wasn't overly impressed when I swatched it on my hand. It seemed extremely sheer, but applied over girl friendly as a wash, it's beautiful.

enjoy sun blonde! i really love it :)

sosdrielle

I really like this collection I know there has been so many mixed reviews about but I can safely say I'm a fan.

I bought alot of products out of this collection, including lipsticks and glosses you can see it here

By the way I wish we had a CCO in Ireland.

Laura<3
There is a CCO up in Northern Ireland at Junction One. I think it's in Belfast. I'd love to go but I live at the opposite end of the country. If you live a bit nearer though, it could be worth your while.

GlamQueen21

I adore this collection so much!! I'm really glad that I got what I want from this collection. Surf USA e/s looks gorgeous with Wondergrass e/s and Jealousy Wakes e/s!

alexandrapalaci

I definatly regret not buying any of the e/s from this collection maybe i will be lucky to be able to purchase them at the CCO... fingers crossed

Alisha1

I got Surf USA, Sun Blonde and Saffron a few weeks ago and I love the first 2 but Saffron is such a disappointment! The colour just does not show up! I've tried using it with a few different brushes even my finger but the most I get is a sheer wash of colour! I wish I had got the MC one - the pigmentation was alot better!