MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

hwdsprincess

I know i'm late but... LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
lmao.gif
lmao i never saw her post that...

haha yazmin you know it'd work at pier 39/fishermans wharf....lol i saw one there that read No lie I need the money to buy a gun to rob the bank...i was like whoa

MRV

For some reason, I find that Saffron (MC) is not a good shade on me. Chessa on the other hand
heart.gif

tattletale

this whole collection is inspired by purples since that was a bing trend on the fall runways. i really wasnt impressed with anything to be honest

I'm coming out of lurking mode, just to say that this collection was so much cooler when it was called tuxedo lesbians :D Does anyone know if taste temptations or strength is coming out in scandinavia?

Yazmin

lmao i never saw her post that... haha yazmin you know it'd work at pier 39/fishermans wharf....lol i saw one there that read No lie I need the money to buy a gun to rob the bank...i was like whoa
LOL, I'll keep that in mind next time i head towards the Embarcadero. The gun sign is a big 'whoa.' It would be even more so if people were stupid enough to give the guy money. The ones I've seen want beer.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Maybe someday Mac will write a book "50 ways to uses Carbon"
Lol. I think Mac Guy hit on the best one- to deepen other shades. As a black on its own, it's not great, but it can help shade/ deepen other colours you use. Other than that... I figure that if I want three shades in a quad, the price per shade is still pretty good and chances are I'll eventually get around to using up the Carbon.

MACina

iagree.gif
+
iagree.gif

Lol. I think Mac Guy hit on the best one- to deepen other shades. As a black on its own, it's not great, but it can help shade/ deepen other colours you use. Other than that...I figure that if I want three shades in a quad, the price per shade is still pretty good and chances are I'll eventually get around to using up the Carbon.

LMD84

hhhmm on paper this doesn't interest me. however i suspect that when it is released i will end up buying a couple of bits :)

martiangurll

Maybe I am confused but everytime MAC promotes a lippy as Vivid Violet I find that the color is really more of a magenta (heavy pink based purple). Am I just feeling the need for more blue based purples? Isn't violet really a balance with equal parts of blue and red?

I am waiting for MAC to do a real, purple, lippy.

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif
I'm with you martiangurll. More blue based purples would be a dream come true for me. I have enough pink based purples in my life. I don't know why, but I like more blue based or grey based purples. The pink based ones are okay, but nothing to really write home about in my opinion.
sigh.gif
Can there be a purple based purple? Like a true purple shade?

Maybe I am confused but everytime MAC promotes a lippy as Vivid Violet I find that the color is really more of a magenta (heavy pink based purple). Am I just feeling the need for more blue based purples? Isn't violet really a balance with equal parts of blue and red?

liba

Yeah :(

That was my first question to my MA - if all these new shades had some blue in them. The answer was no, sadly, but he did think the mattene in this collection reminded him a bit of Potent Fig and the violet one in Strength really looked great. I'd rather have more blue based lippies too, but these do sound awfully nice! Not too much longer to find out!

Copperhead

From the description, Nocturnal Instincts mattene doesn't sound like it has red in it. Mid-toned greyed lavender shouldn't have red in it. If it does, I'll be disappointed. This is the one I'm most anxious to see.