MAC Taste Temptations Collection (November 2012; December 2012)

OctoberViolet

rofl.gif

I will be right there with you...

If seductive intent is anything like revenge is sweet, I'm getting two... I just got hot thinking about it. LOL RIS is such an awesome color, and I think a sleeper hit from VVillians.

After reading about these lipsticks I think I can officially skip the lippies from Glamour Daze.

Mac is going to MAKE you love Carbon, if it is the last thing they do DAMMIT! ~stomps foot, drops mic, hair flip, and walks off stage~ LOL...

Is uncoventional the lavender Liba loves? I wonder if I need it if I got the one from Quite Cute?

I have been reading about makeup trends this upcoming season, kind of like a glamorous goth, with great skin. I can't wait to play. Glad my job doesn't have a strict dress code or anything.

Prettypackages

Wow. I am super-doomed.

I'm going to try to go easy on this one, but the mattenes and the lavender blush are no-brainers for me. I just hope I don't end up wanting all the mattenes...
It is like a glamour goth though. Matte skin, instead of pastey white skin, it is bright, clear, perfect skin. Berry, dark colored lips. Black lip balm instead of lipstick, dark/brunette hair. Groomed, strong eyebrows. No mascara. taupe, barley there shadows. Chocolate brown, jewel tones... More like a dark romance. why wouldn't that work on you with all that gorgeousness? Especially the hair?

Shellcat

So far this is my list:

Mattene Lipstick
Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender
Seductive Intent - Vivid purple
Night Blooming - Mid-tone blue pink ( MAYBE)

Lipglass
Good Times - Pale mauve
Revenge is Sweet - Vivid Purple
Perky - Mid-tone shimmering lilac

Powder Blush
Passionately Tempted - Mid-tone magenta ( MAYBE)
Unconventional - Pale shimmering lavender

Boycotts the quad BECAUSE of Carbon.

aradhana

So far this is my list:

Mattene Lipstick
Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender
Seductive Intent - Vivid purple
Night Blooming - Mid-tone blue pink ( MAYBE)

Lipglass
Good Times - Pale mauve
Revenge is Sweet - Vivid Purple
Perky - Mid-tone shimmering lilac

Powder Blush
Passionately Tempted - Mid-tone magenta ( MAYBE)
Unconventional - Pale shimmering lavender

Boycotts the quad BECAUSE of Carbon.
good point. (scratches quads off list) i think i have only used carbon twice in the past 13 years. yet for some reason i have two....

Shellcat

Yep. I have 2 or 3... *sigh*

I use NYX or Urban Decays black and they are so much darker, richer than Carbon. Also Dark Dare from the ED is a GREAT black e/s to work with!

good point. (scratches quads off list) i think i have only used carbon twice in the past 13 years. yet for some reason i have two....

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have carbon in two different quads, which is basically why I'm pretty convinced I'm skipping this one. I have a fantastic matte black in the Armani palette I picked up earlier this year, so I really don't want to waste money on an inferior one. It's too bad, because I love Mac quads and was secretly hoping that I'd be really crazy for some of the new ones. I bought all three from the Shop/ Cook collection and had no regrets at all. In fact, there are a few collections where I got multiple quads and they're among my favourites in my Mac collection, but I just don't find they've been as reliable recently.

PeachTwist

Well, after reading through the thread... my final list isssss: The quad.

That's it. I don't care for mattene's, don't like lipgloss in general, the blushes don't speak to me at all, I don't use fluidline (have yet to master it!) so I don't see the point in buying any from any collection until I've finally learned.

Nice and cheaaaaap. Thank youuuuu MAC!

Does anyone know when the UK should get it or am I gonna need a CP?

Copperhead

Being that I don't buy many quads, I only have 1 Carbon. It's in my Gentle Fumes quad. I have a few quads but thank goodness they don't have Carbon in them. If I like this new quad I'll just have another Carbon.

PeachTwist

Being that I don't buy many quads, I only have 1 Carbon. It's in my Gentle Fumes quad. I have a few quads but thank goodness they don't have Carbon in them. If I like this new quad I'll just have another Carbon.
I'm lucky in that I don't own a quad with Carbon and have never bought it - I always use Sugarpill's Bulletproof if I want to use black, which is rare that I do anyway so I don't mind getting it in the quad though I do wish it was a different colour!

Copperhead

I'm lucky in that I don't own a quad with Carbon and have never bought it - I always use Sugarpill's Bulletproof if I want to use black, which is rare that I do anyway so I don't mind getting it in the quad though I do wish it was a different colour!
I think a matte or veluxe blackened purple would've fit the theme nicely and would've went well with the other shades in the quad. Or they could've repromoted Graphology or Intoxicate in the quad instead of Carbon.

aradhana

I don't mind Carbon but I don't need it in so many quads either.
i guess the quad is still a bargain compared to buying separate shadows...but really do wish they'd put fewer of their permanent shades. unless the whole thing was permanent...

Mac-Guy

i guess the quad is still a bargain compared to buying separate shadows...but really do wish they'd put fewer of their permanent shades. unless the whole thing was permanent...
It's very easy to darken any e/s with Carbon. I guess that why MAC repromotes it so often. I'm still not amused about it, but if I take a quad for travels, I'm glad to have it on board.

Copperhead

Indian Ink is on Pro. You can get it as a refill :)
I know but I'm just saying how it would've been a nice addition to the quad as being something different from Carbon. Different from Carbon but at the same time fitting in with the purple/blue theme of the quad. I'll bet more people have more Carbons than they do Indian Ink. But of course Carbon is pretty much a universal shade. It's black and just about everyone can use black. Is Naval still a pro product too?

Mac-Guy

I know but I'm just saying how it would've been a nice addition to the quad as being something different from Carbon. Different from Carbon but at the same time fitting in with the purple/blue theme of the quad. I'll bet more people have more Carbons than they do Indian Ink. But of course Carbon is pretty much a universal shade. It's black and just about everyone can use black. Is Naval still a pro product too?
Gotcha!

And yes, Naval is still Pro. :)

Prettypackages

Works great as far as I'm concerned... Funny, I've been wondering about the hair lately too. But berry lips, jewel tones and neutral eyes are right up my alley.

I have carbon in two different quads, which is basically why I'm pretty convinced I'm skipping this one. I have a fantastic matte black in the Armani palette I picked up earlier this year, so I really don't want to waste money on an inferior one. It's too bad, because I love Mac quads and was secretly hoping that I'd be really crazy for some of the new ones. I bought all three from the Shop/ Cook collection and had no regrets at all. In fact, there are a few collections where I got multiple quads and they're among my favourites in my Mac collection, but I just don't find they've been as reliable recently.
ok, I am slow... you said you are doomed b/c all your money will be spent? LMAO... I was out of it yesterday. LOL