MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

lilinah

Where i live essentially there are three seasons: (1) rainy season from late Oct thru April (like most people's spring, when the grass turns green), (2) spring-like season from May thru August (when it doesn't rain but it isn't hot, although the grass turns golden), and (3) summer in Sept. and early Oct. when the temp gets over 72 F... sometimes... haven't had one for a few years.

Since the temps are usually between 48 and 68 F most of the year, i don't change makeup based so much on the season as much as on how much daylight there is and how that effects me - more sunlight cheers me up. I like warmer weather but most places that have it have colder weather, too, and i really do not do cold.

There are dozens of micro-climates around here, as other Specktralettes in the SF Bay Area can attest, but i'm speaking for where i live on the cusp of Oakland, Emeryville, and Berkeley.

Since i don't wear bronzer or bright lipsticks, I'm hoping this collection has some nice bright eye shadows for my more cheerful time of year. Bright eyeshadows go with pinky-peach lip glosses and a bit more blusher / highlighter / contour.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by gracie90
Same! My mum is always nagging at me to get a tan, but I only ever seem to burn, and then fade back to pale!

Tanning damages the skin. Especially if you're naturally pale.

I'm not quite a "jellyfish", but i use exfoliator, skin lightener (on age spots), antioxidant serum, and moisturizing sun screen daily.

MACina

I have always been very pale and that is totally fine for me.I like it!
My skin is very sensitive and I always try to avoid the sun as much as I can and I use sun screen daily.
Otherwise my skin would burn very bad.

I am still waiting for a "sun screen pill" that protects me all over with a very high SPF!!!

I'm a whitey and proud of it! LOL.

OctoberViolet

That would be amazing!

I have always been very pale and that is totally fine for me.I like it!
My skin is very sensitive and I always try to avoid the sun as much as I can and I use sun screen daily.
Otherwise my skin would burn very bad.

I am still waiting for a "sun screen pill" that protects me all over with a very high SPF!!!

CrissyF

Hoping for some outrageous and hot packaging that will stand out in my makeup collection. Something so hot that looks like it would burn your hand if you touched it!

MacNcheese

Oh man I can't wait for some updates on this! I need a color story to decide if I need blushes from the ED collection. This will be my birthday haul
party.gif

iATEaSEAmonster

Ahaha, I can't wait to see the color story. However, after reading up on Chanel's and Guerlain's summer collections, I might possibly pass up on this one. Really depends on what's available this time around.

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by iATEaSEAmonster

Ahaha, I can't wait to see the color story. However, after reading up on Chanel's and Guerlain's summer collections, I might possibly pass up on this one. Really depends on what's available this time around.

Now Guerlain has some bronzers I can get excited about! That being said, I would love to see MAC come up with a matte red e/s for this collection with good finish like the M2 texture...

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina
[SNIP] I am still waiting for a "sun screen pill" that protects me all over with a very high SPF!!!

I don't know how well they work, but there are Heliocare Sun Protection pills... they're real, i just don't know if they're any good.

MACina

Thank you very much, lilinah!

I have never heard of these and had to check them out.But as far as I understand it is not "real" sun screen.
They contain beta-carotene, green tea and a natural fern extract which are antioxidants I think.
Antioxidants are supposed to help to protect the skin in a way.But they cannot prevent a sunburn as "real" sun screens can.

Please correct me if I am wrong!!!

I don't know how well they work, but there are Heliocare Sun Protection pills... they're real, i just don't know if they're any good.

martiangurll

I just reread the whole thread and we think is either orange or bronze packaging and either a Prom/pastel theme or jewel tones with lots of bronzers. Somebody suggested Belle Azure updated. And we all would love to see Temperature Rising return, but since MAC is so illogical, we probably won't see that!

I did chuckle at the mention of Soft Sacs again and I am encorporating Amaze-ballz as the word of the day.

Summing up, all we know is big summer collection in some kind of special packaging and we have a steamy promo pic with red lighting minus the stoner chick from Surf Baby or the dorky Archie model.

I am stoked.