MAC Temperature Rising Collection (May 2013)

erine1881

Wow too bad I never looked into the Sonia brushes!! I got a flat one like that from nars! And then bare minerals (which was way less than the nars) Okay dazzle lipstick...that means sparkly? So the purple lippy will be sparkly? So far the only thing I may way is blush but I should probably just skip this
The bright magenta one isn't, but the purple one, as a dazzle, is actually more coppery brown plum.

MissTT

Wow too bad I never looked into the Sonia brushes!! I got a flat one like that from nars! And then bare minerals (which was way less than the nars)
How do you use your NARS Ita? I bought it thinking I'd be doing something with it but yeah...

SydVicious

Quote: Originally Posted by KiKi Kontour
uggggh i know right. that dmn erine has me intrigued...must do more research on this n try it out 1st
bangdesk.gif

thank u daaaaarling!!
winkiss.gif
i use this Sonia Kashuk contour brush to place it n use a regular angled contouring brush to blend it

29791772_26770134_trimmed.jpg

I have the 163, Mac's version of this brush and I love it!!! I am still trying to figure it out for contouring but I love it for applying studio fix powder plus foundation. It's so dense and soft.

MACina

I have to try this!

I am still trying to find the perfect brush to apply SFP plus.I bought this foundation only just recently along with the SFF
since they are both finally available in NW10.
I have the 163, Mac's version of this brush and I love it!!! I am still trying to figure it out for contouring but I love it for applying studio fix powder plus foundation. It's so dense and soft.

SydVicious

I have to try this!

I am still trying to find the perfect brush to apply SFP plus.I bought this foundation only just recently along with the SFF
since they are both finally available in NW10.
I was so happy that Mac expanded their studio fix range to include NW10. I was trying to make NC15 work for my by mixing white face and body and adding luster drops to warm it up. I love using the 163. It gives a bit of a heavier application than applying it with the sponge, but I find that it applies evenly and the densely packed brush places the product without having the powder fall all over the place. Also, with the SFP I like to give a spritz of Fix+ to set it. It takes away the powery-ness (totally not a word) of the foundation. :)

MACina

Same here....I used to mix Face & Body N1 with White.That was "ok" but NW10 looks way better on me!

I would never use a sponge,though, because I just don' t like these thingies.

I have to try setting the SFP with Fix+ too!

I was so happy that Mac expanded their studio fix range to include NW10. I was trying to make NC15 work for my by mixing white face and body and adding luster drops to warm it up. I love using the 163. It gives a bit of a heavier application than applying it with the sponge, but I find that it applies evenly and the densely packed brush places the product without having the powder fall all over the place. Also, with the SFP I like to give a spritz of Fix+ to set it. It takes away the powery-ness (totally not a word) of the foundation. :)

ma146rina

I'm NW20 too and have had Sundipped recommended to me.
My only concern is it is description mentions red and I have very pink undertones. Does that matter??
i'm an nc 25 at the moment and Sundipped looks like a cool tone brown on my skin,i don't see any red in it.Benefit's Hoola is warmer compare to this.

Tanjola

I have been looking for that durn Sonia Kashuk brush everywhere!
I wonder if they discontinued it???? I picked up one at Target on clearance about a month ago for like 3 bucks. If they discontinued it that was really dumb because I'm sure they sold quite a few of them after Mac came out with that LE contouring brush. I got the Mac one too.

Icecaramellatte

Okay so I'm not crazy when I was thinking bronzer essentially goes where you would highlight. I always learned you bronzed where the sun would naturally hit so high points of your face. That said, I've never bronzed b/c I'm not sure how that would help my look. (Why, exactly, would someone my shade bronze? Just curious.) I do want to learn to contour though. Any good tutorials?
I'm an NC44 too and I wear bronzer on occasion. Just a bit to warm up the face. It looks really nice though. Give it a try. I have quite a few but the one I started with and always seem to go back to is the Stila Sun Shade 2. Very natural looking. When not using it for bronzer, I sometimes use it as a blush too.

PrettyKitty

That collection is gorgeous, and the packaging..
eyelove.gif
I think I will get both quads, both blushes, 2 pencils, and a bronzing powder.

duku

Making a list, checking it twice.

Feel My Pulse lipstick
Ripe For Love blush
Hot Nights blush
Bare My Soul quad
Rich Glance eye pencil*
Copper Strip eye pencil*
Life's Luxury eye pencil*
Polished Jet eye pencil*

All of this bronzer talk has been whetting my appetite for bronzed, sun-kissed skin. I can't wait until the sun comes out properly, we had our first taste of it in London today (20 degrees apparently, all the pasty people were no doubt sunning it up in their back gardens or parading around topless in the parks) and I want my darker freckles back! I don't know whether I should go for one of the bronzers from this collection or the Estée Lauder bronzer, which comes in tortoiseshell (love) packaging but is more expensive. I'm pale and freckly. HELP.

Icecaramellatte

Oh boy I want quite a bit from this collection.

-all the lipsticks - may skip the nude if it doesn't work on me - love the dazzle lipsticks.
-all the lipglasses - again may skip the nude if it doesn't work on me
-Ready for Love blush - don't know how I can justify another peachy blush but I probably will find a way.
-both polishes
-both quads - the one with the green looks familiar, like another quad I have - have to check stash and the other one ?? I have performance art already but I like the other colors so I'll probably get it too.
-all the eye pencils - if they are vibrant enough on the eye - sometimes pencils like these swatch well on the hand but don't go on as intense on the lid.

I will probably skip the bronzers. I have Refined Golden already and I just picked up two Surf Baby Bronzers from the CCO about 2 weeks ago. I picked up Gold Go Lightly Careblend powder - I'm not sure if this is technically a bronzer but I've been using it as one for the last week. I really like it for a bit of warm. I don't know if this shade will work once summer hits. I don't tan but can't seem to avoid getting a little darker. I also picked up Solar Riche but I haven't even tried it so I don't know if its for me. It was the last one so I just grabbed it. I have the the 167 already. I like that this one has the black hairs and the bronze handle though. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this collection.

Edit - Oh and one of the bronzers from last year looked really bad on me. I have to figure out which one it was.