MAC Tres Cheek discussion

sss215

• http://www.beautylish.com/a/vpjpj/max-mara-mfw
here is the site where its explained what the models wore in the max mara show http://www.beautylish.com/a/vpjpj/max-mara-mfw It's both MM and IF Sorry for posting it 2x, I wasn't sure if it was going to post correctly

2browneyes

Are you going to wear it like the pic & do your eyebrows like that
girlhaha.gif

Seriously though, it might be lovely done softly.

LOL Very funny Elegant
girlhaha.gif
I think the colors will be very pretty used lightly. I think I would keep with the idea of simple/soft eyes (no monster brows) and lips so that the cheek color really stands out. I like that idea.

StyleBlack

Mac-Guy

LOL Very funny Elegant
girlhaha.gif
I think the colors will be very pretty used lightly. I think I would keep with the idea of simple/soft eyes (no monster brows) and lips so that the cheek color really stands out. I like that idea.

iagree.gif
Especially if you like Fresh Honey and Early Morning, these new shades will be the next step to "mission orange." And as 2browneyes said, application is the key. Get your 184, 131 or similar brushes from other brands ready to attack those oranges.
flower.gif

Re the brows: Yes, I find them awful too. Max Mara certainly made a bold statement with those cavemen brows. But let's not forget that what we see on the runway is often exaggerated, but will look quite lovely when translated into real life. In this case, I simply read it as "don't overpluck brows but let them regrow to achieve a natural shape."

elegant-one

Step away from the tweezers...yep

I LOVE Peony Petal! Its super gorgeous & will be very very flattering. I'm such a sucker, I'll buy ANY makeup product called Peony
sigh.gif

liba

Step away from the tweezers...yep

I LOVE Peony Petal! Its super gorgeous & will be very very flattering. I'm such a sucker, I'll buy ANY makeup product called Peony
sigh.gif
I might skip something called Peony Pony Poop, but only just barely.
bouquet.gif

martiangurll

I am thinking Peony Petal will look A LOT like Briar Rose. Since that is one of my faves, it won't matter, I will get it anyway. I think I will be skipping Modern Mandarin, it will be way too oompa loompa territory on me if that model is any indication. I love the look of Full of Joy, but those swatches have to have some color payoff before I commit.

liba

I am thinking Peony Petal will look A LOT like Briar Rose. Since that is one of my faves, it won't matter, I will get it anyway. I think I will be skipping Modern Mandarin, it will be way too oompa loompa territory on me if that model is any indication. I love the look of Full of Joy, but those swatches have to have some color payoff before I commit.
My guess is that if you can wear My Paradise, you'll be able to wear Modern Mandarin. At first My Paradise seemed too brick red for me, but by the time I'd gotten some color in my face from the summer sun, it was great and I wore the heck out of it for months. I know I certainly can rock Early Morning at NC15, so I don't think Modern Mandarin will be much trouble.

Mac-Guy

My guess is that if you can wear My Paradise, you'll be able to wear Modern Mandarin. At first My Paradise seemed too brick red for me, but by the time I'd gotten some color in my face from the summer sun, it was great and I wore the heck out of it for months. I know I certainly can rock Early Morning at NC15, so I don't think Modern Mandarin will be much trouble.

This makes all the difference, doesn't it. I can't wear MP during the winter either, but I will pull it out again as soon as I catch some sun + bronzer.

liba

This makes all the difference, doesn't it. I can't wear MP during the winter either, but I will pull it out again as soon as I catch some sun + bronzer.
That's why I was so impressed with Early Morning and Fresh Honey - they do everything My Paradise does, but without needing a tan or even additional bronzer to underpin the color! I love those babies with the fire of a thousand suns!!

Mac-Guy

That's why I was so impressed with Early Morning and Fresh Honey - they do everything My Paradise does, but without needing a tan or even additional bronzer to underpin the color! I love those babies with the fire of a thousand suns!!

These new MB's are easier to blend, which can make a huge difference. I'm thrilled you love them as much as I do. :)

OctoberViolet

I'm having a dilemma...even though this collection hasn't been released yet. I'm definitely going to buy Full of Joy because I am in desperate need for another lavender blush & anything purple is my game (LOL). Now, here's my dilemma do I buy Pink Tea, LoveCloud, Peony Pink or Pink Cult????
th_confused_new.gif

I'm also still on the fence about Immortal Flower and Modern Mandarin. I think either one may be a little too orangy for me. I'm not 100% sure what my complexion is, I am going to say NW or NC 15. Suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Knope2012

Full of Joy and Immortal Flower are definites for me, with Peony Petal and Modern Mandarin as maybes. I'll wait for reports from other fair skinned girls on Modern Mandarin!

missah

why can't they just make these permanent everywhere?
shrugs.gif
If you look at the names of the blushes, you will find that these are very much aimed towards an asian audience.
None of their current blushes have names that really appeal to that market and asians and makeup have always been a big thing.

If I miss any of these, i will probably make my partner get them for me next time he is in Asia.

romi79_2008

I`m trying to decide between Pink tea blush from this collection and pink cult, no matter how awesome they are i`ll buy only one; I already have around 20 mac blushes that sit around and do`nt get any use, especially the pinks, (my go to pink is Deep throat, none of my macs gets any love)

itching2snitch

Modern Manadarin can be intense, but just like any other colour if you cake it on. It's a nice warm flush on fair skin. You're right, though. It looked best on folks with a moderate tan, and into early NC/NW 40's

aradhana

i actually found that even though i can usually carry off dark/bright blushers like my paradise on my nc44 skintone, early morning looked kinda off on me...i was so ready to purchase it after loving fresh honey so much, but it just looked...too 'look at my blush' on me when i tried it in the store. which was disappointing i guess since it seemed like the star of the collection....

OctoberViolet

Same with me romi! I can't makeup my mind. Maybe once we see actual swatches on people's skin we can make a decision.

I`m trying to decide between Pink tea blush from this collection and pink cult, no matter how awesome they are i`ll buy only one; I already have around 20 mac blushes that sit around and do`nt get any use, especially the pinks, (my go to pink is Deep throat, none of my macs gets any love)

Latest posts