MAC Tres Cheek discussion

ahoythere

PINK CULT! Granted I haven't seen Pink Tea IRL but I have never seen another blush like Pink Cult....it is really unique, amazingly subtle but incredibly pigmented at the same time, and in a neutral-cool hue that I think is really hard to find. I am sure Pink Tea will be beautiful, but I also think it looks/sounds far more dupeable. Of course it all comes down to how it looks on your particular skintone but on me (nw15-20) Pink Cult was shockingly perfect. That's my 2 cents!

I`m trying to decide between Pink tea blush from this collection and pink cult, no matter how awesome they are i`ll buy only one; I already have around 20 mac blushes that sit around and do`nt get any use, especially the pinks, (my go to pink is Deep throat, none of my macs gets any love)

aradhana

well, i think i've resigned myself to at minimum 4 of these blushes. (pp, mm, if, foj)
so i will have to just ignore all remaining collections between now and then. with the exception of perhaps the heroine lipstick.

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

(blush party)

Mac-Guy

well, i think i've resigned myself to at minimum 4 of these blushes. (pp, mm, if, foj)
so i will have to just ignore all remaining collections between now and then. with the exception of perhaps the heroine lipstick.

blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

(blush party)

Tres Chic is just around the corner. Only a month away.
pompom.gif

MrsB

Lou, as long as these blushes aren't as chalky as hell you need them ALLLLL!! ;) okay... I need them allllll but it will make me feel better if you buy them all too! Thank you MACina, for all the swatches/comparisions - peony petal looks gorgeous :)

princess sarah

I am too really looking forward to swatches on this... it is going to be a toss up between pink cult or pink tea for me and I am NW20 that loves pink blushes.

I have looked up pink cult and that does look like the perfect blush for my collection but will prob get pink tea if its not to similar

aradhana

i don't know your skintone, but i am nc44/45, and pink cult works for me...i don't know if it's my hg tho, only because i'm a bit non-commital with my blushes!

StyleBlack

Definitely looking forward to this one! Not that it really matters, but the collection is called Tres Cheek (not chic)
amuse.gif
! I'm eyeing Modern Mandarin!

Mac-Guy

Yeah, it's only a few weeks away now. It feels like we haven'd had blushes for a long time except MB's and repromotes, so it's definitely time for new ones.

aradhana

Yeah, it's only a few weeks away now. It feels like we haven'd had blushes for a long time except MB's and repromotes, so it's definitely time for new ones.

it's true...though it feels like these colours should be made permanent...it doesn't seem like there is much like them in the permanent lineup (i don't know about pro)

Mac-Guy

it's true...though it feels like these colours should be made permanent...it doesn't seem like there is much like them in the permanent lineup (i don't know about pro)

If they are LE, they will sell out within days (or even hours). If they are perm, they will sit on the shelves for much longer. From that perspective, it is clear that MAC keeps pushing LE collection as these are the money makers. And as we keep buying LE items like mad, there is no reason why they should change this winning strategy. I'm not defending their marketing, I'm just trying to explain the logic behind the mushrooming of LE collections.

aradhana

If they are LE, they will sell out within days (or even hours). If they are perm, they will sit on the shelves for much longer. From that perspective, it is clear that MAC keeps pushing LE collection as these are the money makers. And as we keep buying LE items like mad, there is no reason why they should change this winning strategy. I'm not defending their marketing, I'm just trying to explain the logic behind the mushrooming of LE collections.

it's true, i whole heartedly agree with you on that. it's a catch-22.
maybe on second thought i should just skip the whole collection...
break...free....

Latest posts