MAC Tres Cheek discussion

Knope2012

Is this collection likely to sell out online quickly? I'll need to see some swatches before buying, but I don't want to miss out. From what I've seen, cheek products don't sell as quickly as lip products unless they're popular repromotes.

duckrodeo

Is this collection likely to sell out online quickly? I'll need to see some swatches before buying, but I don't want to miss out. From what I've seen, cheek products don't sell as quickly as lip products unless they're popular repromotes.

I would anticipate this collection to sell rather quickly as these are new products, but that's just my inkling. I'm not so certain that they would sell as fast as lipsticks, though.

ahoythere

I would anticipate this collection to sell rather quickly as these are new products, but that's just my inkling. I'm not so certain that they would sell as fast as lipsticks, though.

iagree.gif
Everyone knows what to do with a pretty lipstick, but it takes a certifiable makeup junkie to buy 6 blushes at once!

Blush hoarding is like the final phase of makeup addiction...when all the eyeshadows in the spectrum have been collected and you need something else to hunt!

lmcmullen

>> Blush hoarding is like the final phase of makeup addiction

LOL, so true. Also highlighter hoarding is in this phase. I crossed into this territory with Naturally, for both!

martiangurll

I`m trying to decide between Pink tea blush from this collection and pink cult, no matter how awesome they are i`ll buy only one; I already have around 20 mac blushes that sit around and do`nt get any use, especially the pinks, (my go to pink is Deep throat, none of my macs gets any love)
Join the Cult of Pink Cult.

If blush collecting is the end stage of make up collecting disease, I am definitely incurable. I will need swatches to rule out dupes I already have, otherwise I think I will purchase 4 or 5 of them. The ONLY reason I am thinking of skipping MM is that I think sheered out it will be close enough to Early Morning, which I have.

Knope2012

I'm lighter than NW15 and FH works really well on my skin. As long as I use a light hand, it looks great and lasts forever. Of course, I don't tan and I really love the pale look, but I'm usually careful to make sure my blush looks natural enough. I think I'll try MM in store to make sure it'll work for my skintone.

Join the Cult of Pink Cult.
If blush collecting is the end stage of make up collecting disease, I am definitely incurable. I will need swatches to rule out dupes I already have, otherwise I think I will purchase 4 or 5 of them. The ONLY reason I am thinking of skipping MM is that I think sheered out it will be close enough to Early Morning, which I have.

liba

Maybe I need to wait until my flesh has been exposed to the sun and less cadaverish then and that will be the ticket. I wore FH again today, initially loved it but today I am having a "can I really rock this?" moment. Even after sheering it out A LOT and layering some Redhead over it. I think a slight bit of sunkissed skin will make the difference, which is good because I was actually thinking about kicking it to the swap pile. I think MM would be easier for me to wear than FH.

When you use FH, try a tiny swipe over the bridge of your nose to finish off the look. Besides that, I find I get the best effect with it and EM if I apply it to a larger portion of my cheeks than I do with more opaque colors. If you apply it a bit more like you'd apply bronzer, for example swiped fully from the earlobe right across the cheekbone rather than your usual blush technique (on the apples then blended outward, perhaps?), you will love the effect it gives.

I get the feeling these Tres Cheek blushes will use more of a normal blush application technique, which will be more convenient.

I know what you mean about the terminal stage of makeup collecting being blushes of every shade!
girlhaha.gif
Just remind yourself, the right blush is a statement look just on its own, hehe!

duckrodeo

iagree.gif
   Everyone knows what to do with a pretty lipstick, but it takes a certifiable makeup junkie to buy 6 blushes at once!  

Blush hoarding is like the final phase of makeup addiction...when all the eyeshadows in the spectrum have been collected and you need something else to hunt!

Ahhh yess blush hoarding, I know thee well!! Lol. The fortunate side is that there are less back-ups required as there would be for lipsticks! I have one blush BU to my name - Stunner - since it's my favorite everyday blush. I'm still not even close to denting my first one, though!

katred

Specktra Bestie
iagree.gif

Crap. I think I've entered that phase. Although, to be fair, I sometimes feel like Mac blushes are a well-kept secret. They're really nice, generally reliable quality and there's a solid range of colours. I already get lost in my blush drawer, so there's no way I can justify more, but that doesn't mean I don't want to buy...

romi79_2008

I think I`m in the final stages of my make-up coll too. In 2008 i was buying everything with my eyes closed, and ended selling some of it. Now I`m satisfied with the size of my col and covered most of the areas, only looking for special items( pink cult) or trendy stuff ( scarlet ibis). last phases for me were highlighters ( i wanted so much dior amber diamond and nars albatros and i don`t use them, I still like mac`s bp or msfs better) and lippencils in every color, lol.
Anyway for someone starting this days, i would say, remember no matter how coveted or how much hype is around one item, it`s not working for everyone or it might not be what you expect it to be, check it out in store before buying you`ll save lots of money.
So, back in the thread, i decided to buy pink cult and hope pink tea will have a dupe in my coll and won`t need it. But till then i`m still looking forward to it

xasperadastra

uhm I should be in the first make up phase (I've become an addicted only a year ago
cheerleader.gif
) but blushes are the product I love to buy more... I use it really a lot!

aradhana

Crap. I think I've entered that phase. Although, to be fair, I sometimes feel like Mac blushes are a well-kept secret. They're really nice, generally reliable quality and there's a solid range of colours. I already get lost in my blush drawer, so there's no way I can justify more, but that doesn't mean I don't want to buy...
yes, and i like that i don't have to worry about them going bad....i've slowly been collecting the permanent sheertones... my most recent aquisition was coygirl, and i'm thinking of loverush next, except that i rarely wear dark blushers, so i'm not sure how best to apply it (placement). any suggestions folks?

Mac-Guy

yes, and i like that i don't have to worry about them going bad....i've slowly been collecting the permanent sheertones... my most recent aquisition was coygirl, and i'm thinking of loverush next, except that i rarely wear dark blushers, so i'm not sure how best to apply it (placement). any suggestions folks?

I'd try using a darker blush more as a contour rather than placing it on the apple of the cheeks. Do you have an angled brush, like the 168 or 169? This will help you to achieve the correct placement. Have fun.

aradhana

I'd try using a darker blush more as a contour rather than placing it on the apple of the cheeks. Do you have an angled brush, like the 168 or 169? This will help you to achieve the correct placement. Have fun.

i have the mini version of the 168, so i'll give that a try!! thanks!

Knope2012

This is wonderful advice! I read somewhere on another thread how a user here only buys 1 or 2 items from each collection, and how it makes it that much more special. I need to use a similar philosophy, honestly. Parts of my collection are huge by my standards (I in no way need 50 MAC lipsticks), others are average, and some things I need more of. I need to work on getting more brushes and permanent eyeshadows, and to work on improving my technique instead of buying things I can't use to their fullest potential. I'm only now really learning which contouring and highlighting work for my round face. I used Lightscapade wet today, and the effect is incredible on me. I think I will pick up one or two of these blushes in shades I don't own, and skip the rest so that I don't go overboard in my spending. I also have to learn that no, I can't make all products work for me no matter how lovely they look on a darker skintone.

I think I`m in the final stages of my make-up coll too. In 2008 i was buying everything with my eyes closed, and ended selling some of it. Now I`m satisfied with the size of my col and covered most of the areas, only looking for special items( pink cult) or trendy stuff ( scarlet ibis). last phases for me were highlighters ( i wanted so much dior amber diamond and nars albatros and i don`t use them, I still like mac`s bp or msfs better) and lippencils in every color, lol.
Anyway for someone starting this days, i would say, remember no matter how coveted or how much hype is around one item, it`s not working for everyone or it might not be what you expect it to be, check it out in store before buying you`ll save lots of money.
So, back in the thread, i decided to buy pink cult and hope pink tea will have a dupe in my coll and won`t need it. But till then i`m still looking forward to it