MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

cr8zy4MAC

Time to Tango looks so pretty. Yes No Yes No Yes No can't make up my mind
Yes, it does! I am right there with you on the "Yes No Yes No Yes No can't make up my mind"! I really love the duality of the color in that shadow. Do you have hazel or brown eyes? I also really think that Tropica is pretty, but I think that Time To Tango would be a better standout color for me.

Mac4Megan

IMO it has too much colour to work as a highlight on fair skin.
Not really. Overall, this collection is not too well suited for pale NW complexion. I usually splurge on the mineralize collections, but this time it's a complete pass for me as the products are either uber-metallic or orangey-warm. If in doubt, try it in store. You might be able to layer products with other stuff to get a good result on NW skin.
thank Ernie and Mac-Guy, I'm gonna stay strong and skip it, I just can't go near my counter for a while cause once I start swatching I buy way more

erine1881

Lets do this ups man, flood warnings all over Chicago and northwest Indiana... Hoping my precious little black box doesn't float away!
We've got flood warnings here in the Fort too. I got rained out of running my errands today after my doctors appointment. I walked outside to a downpour :(

elegant-one

It's lovely!! I say yes
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
Ok, I will ...lol

Did you get it?

elegant-one

Yes, it does! I am right there with you on the "Yes No Yes No Yes No can't make up my mind"! I really love the duality of the color in that shadow. Do you have hazel or brown eyes? I also really think that Tropica is pretty, but I think that Time To Tango would be a better standout color for me.
I have hazel eyes so it would be very pretty eh? It seems different from anything else I have. So yes!

sagehen

Quote:Originally Posted by VampyCouture

Thanks! I'm so excited to use it!

I don't think they're similar at all. One is metallic ish (from what's I've seen) and the other has a faint shimmer.

I have both CG Ebony Bronze and MAC Metal Rock - not similar at all. The shimmer in Ebony Bronze doesn't really translate to the face and Metal Rock is very shimmery.

LiliV

-___- really the blushes are still Coming Soon on Mac and still mixed up on Nordstrom? I want to order Simmer I thought it would be fixed by today

cocofiere

We've got flood warnings here in the Fort too. I got rained out of running my errands today after my doctors appointment. I walked outside to a downpour
ssad.gif
Yeah, I got the flood warning texts today too. The Edens exp'y was shut down (I'm not in that area but I saw it on the news when I picked up my breakfast) due to massive flooding. I've also had no power at home since Monday afternoon due to the storms in the area. I've never had an outage go more than a few hours so I'm annoyed as hell. At least I can soak up AC at work and on my commute, LOL. I'm thinking of ordering some TT stuff to calm my nerves but those darn blushes say "coming soon" still. If they honor my survey shipping code, maybe I'll do my partial order today.

joanita

Yeah, I got the flood warning texts today too.  The Edens exp'y was shut down (I'm not in that area but I saw it on the news when I picked up my breakfast) due to massive flooding.  I've also had no power at home since Monday afternoon due to the storms in the area.  I've never had an outage go more than a few hours so I'm annoyed as hell.  At least I can soak up AC at work and on my commute, LOL. I'm thinking of ordering some TT stuff to calm my nerves but those darn blushes say "coming soon" still. If they honor my survey shipping code, maybe I'll do my partial order today.  
omg do you have the weather channel app? The warning scared the crap out of me, my phone was in my pocket and suddenly the warning went off crazy loud lol

JenniBee73

Happy
mac_boxday.gif
, ladies who have received them!

I got my box at work and snuck off to the ladies room to go play with them before my lunch hour. I LOVE Calypso Beat! It is a perfect nude lip gloss! I'm so glad I got it because I was really considering skipping it. I tried FI on as well and it is gorgeous!
love.gif

LiliV

Me too! Well on nordies, simmer is right when u click on the image LOL
Yeah I saw on my computer Simmer is Simmer but so is Sweet Samba so I don't know lol on my phone they're still mixed up. I think I'm just going to order based on the name and hopefully I'll get the right one. Who knows when or if they'll correct it

KaysWays

Now I'm feeling Sweet Samba. I might still pass altogether, though.
I wanna pass altogether too but some things are sooooo tempting LOL

My maybes at this time is Lust, RIo and the 159
GD and S&G are both on my list from my permanant list so I can easily pass those up until I go PRO. Probably the same for the brush now that I think about it.

LiliV

Ordered Simmer from Nordstrom, hopefully it's Simmer and not Sweet Samba! Lol Sweet Samba is pretty too but Simmer is just calling my name lol