MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

Tat2dbeauty07

Ive been in a MAC funk the last "big haul" I did was from the Alluring Aqua collection I ordered both the MSFs from Future Forward Collection. This collection has peaked my interest I am eyeing up

Lipsticks
Arrowhead
Hot Chocolate

Gleamtones Powder
Dunes at Dusk

Honi

Where's all the information on this?! I usually have something by now, this collection ought to release in a little bit over 2 weeks if everything as it usually is.

MRV

Glad that there are so many repromotes I already have or my list would be too long. Def. getting several things as it's mostly a warm collection.

But man, why on earth they are not bringing back the 179 with the other split fibres!?? I was just thinking this morning that I need another one! Love the 125 too, but I already have two. And a 127. Not getting anything double ended, nope.

leonah

ugh I hate double ended brushes but more money left for me I will probably only get the quad (that doesn't have perm shadows in it) and hot chocolate, maybe the gleamstones powder or a bronzer

Corally

Where's all the information on this?! I usually have something by now, this collection ought to release in a little bit over 2 weeks if everything as it usually is.

Right! I want info, swatches, more pics of the producs... ANYTHING.

B

Buffy89

Mackarrie posted in her LE calendar that she'll be allowed to publish more info on April 24th (or 26th, I'm not sure ).
I'm still on the fence what I should pick up. I like some lip products, the CCB and the Gleamstones powder, but I'm not super overwhelmed at the moment. And I am still not sure if I like the packaging.

Honi

So it seems Vibe Tribe is getting slightly delayed for Scandinavia, keeping my eyes peeled for specific dates.

B

Buffy89

[h=1]MAC Swears New ‘Vibe Tribe’ Collection Wasn’t Inspired By Native Americans, Internet Scoffs[/h]

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mac-vibe-tribe-collection-cultural-appropriation-accusation_us_571a3717e4b0d0042da8e5ef?ir=Canada&

[/URL]

It's hard to believe it's still so benignly accepted. You can see the design team straight up ripped off Navajo blanket patterns.

Although I was liking some items for the product itself in the past few weeks, I think it will be best for myself to skip. I'm not sure if I can enjoy the products knowing that they're problematic.

fabulousmoolah

I don't understand the "cultural appropriation" problem. If I think something from another culture is beautiful and I want to wear it, why can't I? I'm not referring to disrespecting religious symbols, I mean like wearing a mandarin dress or a saari. Why not? I have Navajo jewelry why shouldn't I? If Beyonce wanted to wear Indian style dress because she thinks it's beautiful (as do I) why is that bad? Should I be mad at Asians for wearing t-shirts and jeans?

Latest posts