MAC x Beauty Gurus (April - July 2017)

awickedshape

That Basic B thing just let me know that MAC is struggling. They had to result to being culture vultures rather than setting the tone like they used to. Sad.

Girl, I'm confused lol
But I've only been into MAC for around 5yrs or so
A brand I'm used to seeing posting editorial looks from Fashion Week all over the world etc coming up with that?

miumiuuu

Girl, I'm confused lol
But I've only been into MAC for around 5yrs or so
A brand I'm used to seeing posting editorial looks from Fashion Week all over the world etc coming up with that?
See, I try to pretend that only the interesting, inspirational & progressive fashion/editorial side of MAC exists, and try to ignore the inane decisions they make trying to get that sweet casual customer cash. Seeing that Instagram post this morning with J* is making that illusion increasingly difficult lol ;_;

awickedshape

See, I try to pretend that only the interesting, inspirational & progressive fashion/editorial side of MAC exists, and try to ignore the inane decisions they make trying to get that sweet casual customer cash. Seeing that Instagram post this morning with J* is making that illusion increasingly difficult lol ;_;

I understand :(
I unfollowed them but i checked this morning and they just keep posting more pictures, quite unbothered

fur4elise

Ditto!
Between this and that Basic B palette... what's going on
All this and a bag of chips! popcorn.gif Well...I prefer popcorn

awickedshape

I wish they would have addressed it one way or another, but does their lack of response say it's not a big deal?
I support racial, gender and marriage equality and I feel like MAC aligns with that but this really bothered me.
Sorry for rambling

boschicka

I wish they would have addressed it one way or another, but does their lack of response say it's not a big deal?
I support racial, gender and marriage equality and I feel like MAC aligns with that but this really bothered me.
Sorry for rambling

Yeah, people try to defend him and say he's faced a lot of hatred or that we've all made mistakes, but...no. He may dress like a woman, but he still has the muscle and body of a man and has physically assaulted women, with videos as evidence. And he's thrown racial slurs around like he's going to win something. UNACCEPTABLE. While I feel that it's terrible he's faced so much hatred for his sexuality, etc, that does not then excuse all the hatred he randomly spews at others. He has not changed and has never apologized for his abhorrent actions/words.

awickedshape

Yeah, people try to defend him and say he's faced a lot of hatred or that we've all made mistakes, but...no. He may dress like a woman, but he still has the muscle and body of a man and has physically assaulted women, with videos as evidence. And he's thrown racial slurs around like he's going to win something. UNACCEPTABLE. While I feel that it's terrible he's faced so much hatred for his sexuality, etc, that does not then excuse all the hatred he randomly spews at others. He has not changed and has never apologized for his abhorrent actions/words.

A lot of the comments here weren't even bothering to say anything but "yes, slay" and that people were being petty for bringing those things up... so is it just not an issue??
I hate to think of a generation of young people thinking this behaviour is cool. Talking about "yes, king" when he's talking about beating someone etc
I think he had two tweets saying he was doing things for shock value and didn't have hate in him.
People do make mistakes... if you can call it that. I wouldn't want mistakes thrown in my face... but I can't ignore this.

Last edited:

fabulousmoolah

People who make mistakes recognize that they were in the wrong and apologize/promise not to repeat the behavior. If you don't do that then obviously you feel it wasn't a mistake.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I was taken aback by the lack of diversity here and then MAC posts J.Star's pic on their IG... as a beloved friend :/

Instagram

MjCgH2eZuBtcc.gif

yMaLDA976YtUs.gif

awickedshape

I think he used to work at a MAC counter?
But considering part of that racist skit was that "black folk cannot wear MAC Cosmetics" I find the endorsement of him highly disgusting.

I know people will say he was young and changed (and some young people don't think it's a problem at all!!) but he HAD to appear to change. During that time he could cultivate a particular look and following and use the n-word in a song etc but when his makeup business could be affected of course he would want to sanitize his image to make money.

stirfryedshana

I think he used to work at a MAC counter?
But considering part of that racist skit was that "black folk cannot wear MAC Cosmetics" I find the endorsement of him highly disgusting.

I know people will say he was young and changed (and some young people don't think it's a problem at all!!) but he HAD to appear to change. During that time he could cultivate a particular look and following and use the n-word in a song etc but when his makeup business could be affected of course he would want to sanitize his image to make money.

People keep trying to say he changed, but it's incredibly obvious he hasn't. He still bullies people (and his own customers) all the time. And tbh someone who, as an adult, would tell a black girl to dump acid on herself is not ever going to 'change'.

Tarabotti

I must be old now, but I have no clue who any of these people are, so not really exciting.

Lol! It's okay...I feel the same way & I thought I knew or at least had heard the more popular bloggers names. Guess, I'm out of the loop? :confused:

I don't know who these people are either. I feel as though almost all of them wasted a really, really cool opportunity.

I don't know any of these bloggers either. There are plenty of women of color and darker hues who wear MAC. It would have been nice to pick some of them to represent the great diversity of womanhood .

And JeffreeStar should not be on MAC at all.