MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipstickdiva420

Ain't that the truth. It's far less common to see that in Canada, but when it appears I always write in 'human'.
heart.gif
it

Lipstickdiva420

Seriously you have to do that?! I never thought about it, but I don't think that's the case here. They do ask about your nationality, but that's something different. I never really thought about it, but I'm not sure if I have only dutch blood or something else too. I should ask my parents and grandparents, because now I'm curious. I know my parents are dutch and my grandparents too, but further than that I don't know.

I'm not going to mix in the conversation about Rihanna's personal life, because I don't know her personally (and I don't think the media is a very trustworthy source of information) so I don't see how I can judge her or her decisions. I do like her makeup and she wears some really great lipcolours, so I expect a great collection! I'm excited to hear that there will be another retro matte lipstick, so that will be mine!
Yes the questions on applications especially for jobs is stupid. I took my son to the children's emergency room back in december and on the application to register him it asked if the child was single or married smh I was blown away lol. I don't know much about my family history. All I know is that my ggparents are from the carribean and there might have been some mixing on my dads side. You can't really trust the media most of time with information and I always loved Rihanna's make up even when she first cameout. I got ruby woo because I saw her wearing it in one of her photos and it looks sooooo good on her. I'm happy about the retro matte lippie I love matte lippies too can't wait!!.

Lipstickdiva420

Say what?!
huh2.gif
(I'm just kidding, lol!) But, try to swap for Ruby Woo or B2MAC for it. For reals, it changed my life, lol. I never used to wear red lipstick. I could never find a shade that I really ever liked on my very yellow, NC50 skin. I think that the blue in Ruby Woo really contrasts against the yellow in my skin.

But, I swapped for Ruby Woo on a whim, and the first time I wore it I felt 10 imes sexier. I don't know how a lipstick could do it, but it just did. It looks really pretty when I wear it with NARS Exhibit A blush. I actually like the retro matte finish that it has- it makes it look sexier, to me. No other MAC red looks as good on me as Ruby Woo- they just don't have enough blue in them.

The MAC Early Buzz thread has a picture of Rihanna supposedly wearing Riri Woo. I hope that the lipstick she's wearing is not RiRi Woo...that lipstick leans pink. I was hoping that RiRi Woo would be a bluer, deeper toned Ruby Woo.
It's suppose to be more blue than Ruby Woo

aradhana

Yes the questions on applications especially for jobs is stupid. I took my son to the children's emergency room back in december and on the application to register him it asked if the child was single or married smh I was blown away lol. I don't know much about my family history. All I know is that my ggparents are from the carribean and there might have been some mixing on my dads side. You can't really trust the media most of time with information and I always loved Rihanna's make up even when she first cameout. I got ruby woo because I saw her wearing it in one of her photos and it looks sooooo good on her. I'm happy about the retro matte lippie I love matte lippies too can't wait!!.
wacko.gif
that's mad....i guess maybe it's just a case of copy paste!

i hope they publish face charts online with the rihanna collections...

Prettypackages

Race ≠ Ethnicity
Race ≠ Nationality
It seems vocabulary is causing a lot of confusion here. Race is so hard for many people to get. It seems even moreso for people who don’t have to get it. This is my field. I work on this daily and still struggle to help people understand the social implications of race in America and globally.

Anyway on to the makeup. I was just looking at those pretty pics of the packaging again and why… whyyyyyyy is there a big red signature on the packaging? I’ll feel silly using a compact with the big signature of a pop starlet on it at my age. I need a Lucile Ball "wahhh" smilie to properly illustrate my feelings.
I don't like that R either.

pocketmouse

Say what?!
huh2.gif
(I'm just kidding, lol!) But, try to swap for Ruby Woo or B2MAC for it. For reals, it changed my life, lol. I never used to wear red lipstick. I could never find a shade that I really ever liked on my very yellow, NC50 skin. I think that the blue in Ruby Woo really contrasts against the yellow in my skin.

But, I swapped for Ruby Woo on a whim, and the first time I wore it I felt 10 imes sexier. I don't know how a lipstick could do it, but it just did. It looks really pretty when I wear it with NARS Exhibit A blush. I actually like the retro matte finish that it has- it makes it look sexier, to me. No other MAC red looks as good on me as Ruby Woo- they just don't have enough blue in them.

The MAC Early Buzz thread has a picture of Rihanna supposedly wearing Riri Woo. I hope that the lipstick she's wearing is not RiRi Woo...that lipstick leans pink. I was hoping that RiRi Woo would be a bluer, deeper toned Ruby Woo.

Have you seen this photo yet? I know somebody linked to it a while back. She tweeted it with the caption "And that's a #wrap on my shoot for my new #topsecret add campaign!!! #2013 #phuckyobasic" so I think everyone's assuming it's RiRi Woo. I hope it is because it look's stunning!

Audrey C

I honestly believe that Ruby Woo is the one lipstick that works on Every. Single. Person! I've yet to find one person it doesn't look good on!
It looks like crap on me, and I love red lippies. It pulls a hideous almost neon pinky red on me. I hate it. I don't own the full size but I have it in the red pro lip palette. Ugh.

sss215

I honestly believe that Ruby Woo is the one lipstick that works on Every. Single. Person! I've yet to find one person it doesn't look good on!
I wish this applied to me. Ruby Woo was a major fail when I tried it.
  Have you seen this photo yet? I know somebody linked to it a while back. She tweeted it with the caption "And that's a #wrap on my shoot for my new #topsecret add campaign!!! #2013 #phuckyobasic"  so I think everyone's assuming it's RiRi Woo. I hope it is because it look's stunning! 
I doubt this is for the collection; that necklace is Chanel. I'm not saying the ad is for Chanel by saying the necklace is, just to be clear. But then again, she could have just thrown this necklace back on after the photoshoot to flaunt it and throw us all off, lol

Mac4Megan

I've had Ruby Woo for a while and tried to wear it for the first time the other week and it pulled orange on me which i found really weird cause its a blue based red. I used brick liner, next time i'll try cherry. If RiRi woo is bluer i will like it better

cocofiere

Rihanna's makeup (artist) is phenominal!
I agree, Mylah Morales is amazing! The flawless skin, defined lip, pop of color (esp. under the eye) thing she does is perfection. I don't know who else Rihanna uses for makeup but her look is consistently edgy yet pretty. As long as that is the theme of the collection, I'm all over it.

sweeTnChic

I so wish that Riri Woo was this color but I have a feeling it's the darker, vampy color she wore to her River Island debut.

mac_aiken

I have a love/hate thing going on with Rihanna. I can relate all too well to the DV thing and (as a healthcare professional and mom) have an issue with the drug thing. In the end though her life is her life.

I think her makeup is amazing because her makeup artists are amazing and I wonder if they helped with the process.
I loved her darker look in the video for Disturbia.

I am not blown away by anything we have seen so far but will keep an open mind. I am anxious to see the color story and swatches.

I am hoping we can move past the race, role model, personal life discussions on this thread. I have been a member of this community for many years and found it without exception to be very open and supportive regardless of various personal opinions. It is distressing to come on and see a number of newbies criticizing others opinions and taking some out of context. That strikes me as the type of critical behavior/speech that you are accusing others of. This is a peaceful, fun, caring place. Let's keep it that way.

And, in the words of Forrest Gump, "that is all I have to say about that".

sss215

I've had Ruby Woo for a while and tried to wear it for the first time the other week and it pulled orange on me which i found really weird cause its a blue based red. I used brick liner, next time i'll try cherry. If RiRi woo is bluer i will like it better
I agree. Ruby Woo pulls orange on me as well. RiRi Woo, so far sounds like it will be a better shade.

Genn

I'm am way behind in this thread but like a lot of people I'm in the middle/staying neutral. The one complaint/question I do have is why are we being bombarded with Rhianna? Are they going to be doing this every year with a new celebrity. Are they haveing a hard time to find other people to collaberate with them? I understand a lot of her products wil be sold at her concerts so it will be sold because those people are Rhianna fans.

gracie90

Quote:
blink.gif
My oh my, I've been out of the loop. I'm not even going to bother to go back and catch up. I don't know what's going on, but I'm really excited for this collection. Rihanna's makeup always looks flawless. I want my makeup to look like that, so I'll have whatever she's having!
pretty.gif

I'm not a fan of the packaging, though. However, I do hope that there will be a miracle beauty powder for brown skin beauties like Forever Marilyn is for pale beauties. I'll be like Gracie and will buy 14 of them.
girlhaha.gif
But I only got 8...
angelic.gif

Anneri

I'm am way behind in this thread but like a lot of people I'm in the middle/staying neutral.  The one complaint/question I do have is why are we being bombarded with Rhianna?  Are they going to be doing this every year with a new celebrity. Are they haveing a hard time to find other people to collaberate with them? I understand a lot of her products wil be sold at her concerts so it will be sold because those people are Rhianna fans.
THIS! I'm so happy you brought this up! I'm quite disappointed with the level of creativity we get from mac lately. First the return of MM, and now FOUR Rihanna collections? Are the people at the creative department at Mac headquarters asleep? Did the whole department retire?! For me this shows a concentration on profit instead on the creative and edgy makeup Mac was famous for. Seems to me other brands are stepping up in that department - like illamasqua for example.

aradhana

Four collections is a lot, but at the end of the day, if not with Rihanna, they'd probably release those same colours/products to us in another guise. MAC is a money-making machine...and regardless of what importance WE place on creativity, they need to keep making those sales, and they will do whatever works. Sorry if I sound like a cynic! A lot of those massive 3-4 part collections (like spring colour forecast) made absolutely no sense to me, and whether the 4 collections are released at once or separately, doesn't make too much of a difference. I do agree though, that smaller companies like Illamasqua are taking the lead in terms of creativity in their campaigns and product shades. And the return of MM? I'm glad people will get their BU's or items they missed, but that's just plain weird.

nudibelle

I don't care abt the who Show me a good color and I'm there Now what we need to be worrying abt is that Damn rihanna navy! Her fans are going to make the stalking and buying of this HELL! Please Mac , MAKE ENOUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.