MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)

MACina

Wow....that is very soon
thmbup.gif

http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/143737/behind_the_beautyscenes_week_3_2013_ If you scroll down there is a picture of two shadows, the beauty powder and two lipsticks. The prints are so nice! And apparently this could be released the 22th of January already online here...

BuickMackane

http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/143737/behind_the_beautyscenes_week_3_2013_ If you scroll down there is a picture of two shadows, the beauty powder and two lipsticks. The prints are so nice! And apparently this could be released the 22th of January already online here...
Let the stalking begin!

I'm so excited for Shell Pearl
pompom.gif

MaitaiFluff

I don't understand anything on her site, but I love her photos. Thanks for linking this. From the angle she took the picture, the snake print on the beauty powder looks much prettier than I thought. I think I will just get one of each item, except the carbon e/s, pencil, mascara, and the pigments and from there my mum and little sister can pick what they want.

crystalis007

Wow thanks so much for the link I wanted to see the shadow pattern better. It's beautiful!

Odelia

I can't wait for this collection!
I really like the colors and the etched details on the makeup. I also fell in love with the promo photography. Chen Man made the collection magical
heart.gif
Beautiful story behind it. Thanks for the link MACupGrl!

Spanky

I ignored this b/c I thought it was Asia only, but now I see it's Feb! Woo Hoo. Is this MAC exclusive or will counters have it??? Sorry if this has been asked already.

erine1881

I'm very disappointed that there aren't actual emerald/chartreuse greens and golds and actual snake colours. Seems like the only thing snake-ish about this is the imprint. Like they just threw a bunch of colours in a pile. I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the snake eyes collection that i missed in 2000, before my mac affair began. :(

Rinstar

I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the snake eyes collection that i missed in 2000, before my mac affair began.
ssad.gif
Snakes come in lots of colors. My pet snake Candy is pink and cream colored
winkiss.gif

I'm happy the US is getting this after all. I will need some items just for the snake print!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by MaitaiFluff
I don't understand anything on her site, but I love her photos. Thanks for linking this. [SNIP]

Google translate is the friend of those discovering websites in foreign languages.

Copy the URL of the unintelligible website, go to
http://translate.google.com
and paste the URL in the lefthand box

Usually websites are in the language in the URL (well, not the USA, but hey didn't we invent the internet? Don't answer - it was a joke). In this case NL means The Netherlands, so it's in Dutch and you want it translated into English, so select those languages from the appropriate drop down menus. Then hit the Translate button.

If you really don't know what language it's in, there's a Detect Language button, but it often fails to detect correctly - it kept trying to translate Hungarian as German. Good thing i can see the difference. Still, it's better than nothing.

Goggle Translate isn't perfect in other ways. I'm working on a translating a book from modern Turkish, a language i don't know. And it's a good thing i have a good Turkish-to-English dictionary to give Google Translate a kick. Plus GT is terrible with Turkish syntax. But it sure beats me having to look up every single word.

erine1881

Snakes come in lots of colors. My pet snake Candy is pink and cream colored :winkiss: I'm happy the US is getting this after all. I will need some items just for the snake print!
I know. But the typical colours that come to mind when people think of snakes are absent from this collection completely-varying shades of greens, yellows, reds, golds, etc.
62092512_image.jpeg
9698cfa4_image.jpeg
ef39ffa1_image.jpeg
e65a0427_image.jpeg
1124170c_image.jpeg
5fbba087_image.jpeg
148247dc_image.jpeg
d81a3759_image.jpeg
fbfbee00_image.jpeg
9d3bd7ac_image.jpeg

bluelitzer

Awe, I was reading reviews on makeupalley.com about Shell Pearl and it seems like this shade doesn't show up/looks chalky when piled up on girls with the same shade as me (NC 30). I would have to skip on this but hey that just means I've made it available to someone who really wants it!
thmbup.gif

MaitaiFluff

Google translate is the friend of those discovering websites in foreign languages. Copy the URL of the unintelligible website, go to http://translate.google.com and paste the URL in the lefthand box Usually websites are in the language in the URL (well, not the USA, but hey didn't we invent the internet? Don't answer - it was a joke). In this case NL means The Netherlands, so it's in Dutch and you want it translated into English, so select those languages from the appropriate drop down menus. Then hit the Translate button. If you really don't know what language it's in, there's a Detect Language button, but it often fails to detect correctly - it kept trying to translate Hungarian as German. Good thing i can see the difference. Still, it's better than nothing. Goggle Translate isn't perfect in other ways. I'm working on a translating a book from modern Turkish, a language i don't know. And it's a good thing i have a good Turkish-to-English dictionary to give Google Translate a kick. Plus GT is terrible with Turkish syntax. But it sure beats me having to look up every single word.
Thank you! I never think of these things when checking out other sites. I always go "ooo, pretty pictures" and done. I forget that even though it's not in English that it still might harbour some good info. I hope you enjoy your book. It sounds like a really neat way to learn a bit about a new language too.

Latest posts