MAC Year of the Snake Collection Discussion (February 2013)

MaitaiFluff

I know. But the typical colours that come to mind when people think of snakes are absent from this collection completely-varying shades of greens, yellows, reds, golds, etc.
62092512_image.jpeg
9698cfa4_image.jpeg
ef39ffa1_image.jpeg
e65a0427_image.jpeg
1124170c_image.jpeg
5fbba087_image.jpeg
148247dc_image.jpeg
d81a3759_image.jpeg
fbfbee00_image.jpeg
9d3bd7ac_image.jpeg
Those are some good lookin' snakes.

Mac-Guy

I was hoping for something more reminiscent of the snake eyes collection that i missed in 2000, before my mac affair began.
ssad.gif
This was actually a really great collection. At least visually. I don't think the products themselves were that special. I don't have any of them anymore. They are a long, long time in make up heaven.

MACina

We haven' t talked much about the pigments of this collection so far but they are very beautiful.
I love them
heart.gif

Here are swatches:

Corally

I don't understand anything on her site, but I love her photos. Thanks for linking this. [SNIP]
Google translate is the friend of those discovering websites in foreign languages. Copy the URL of the unintelligible website, go to http://translate.google.com and paste the URL in the lefthand box Usually websites are in the language in the URL (well, not the USA, but hey didn't we invent the internet? Don't answer - it was a joke). In this case NL means The Netherlands, so it's in Dutch and you want it translated into English, so select those languages from the appropriate drop down menus. Then hit the Translate button. If you really don't know what language it's in, there's a Detect Language button, but it often fails to detect correctly - it kept trying to translate Hungarian as German. Good thing i can see the difference. Still, it's better than nothing. Goggle Translate isn't perfect in other ways. I'm working on a translating a book from modern Turkish, a language i don't know. And it's a good thing i have a good Turkish-to-English dictionary to give Google Translate a kick. Plus GT is terrible with Turkish syntax. But it sure beats me having to look up every single word.
She doesn't say a lot. Ony that the collection is very pretty and that we should stalk the website on 22th of January (Dutch release date).

MACina

girlhaha.gif
.....Carbon and Showstopper in the form of pigments!

I agree with you that new pigments would have been waaaaaaaaaaay better.
But the whole is a (re-)repromote
ssad.gif

They've been released like 5 times already. And have dupes. More new pigments mac, please!!!

MakeMeUp79

For the ladies in the UK, i read this will only be available at Harrods, Selfridges and mac online. Should be from January 31st. I can't remember which website i saw it on ... shifted through loads. But there is an ad for this collection on Harrods claiming exclusivity.

E-Marie

MAC Beauty Face Powder
Shell Pearl pink ribbon golden pearl

Only one item that interests me right now.

Naughtyp

Awe, I was reading reviews on makeupalley.com about Shell Pearl and it seems like this shade doesn't show up/looks chalky when piled up on girls with the same shade as me (NC 30). I would have to skip on this but hey that just means I've made it available to someone who really wants it!
thmbup.gif
thanks for posting this i can skip it now! lol

ChosenOne

I wasn't too interested in this collection since a lot of it is just fancy versions of perm colors, and I'm trying very hard to ignore the e/s (lalala I can't hear you!), but I'm tempted to give Shell Pearl BP a try. I feel like I need to get on the BP love boat.

erine1881

I wasn't too interested in this collection since a lot of it is just fancy versions of perm colors, and I'm trying very hard to ignore the e/s (lalala I can't hear you!), but I'm tempted to give Shell Pearl BP a try.  I feel like I need to get on the BP love boat.
It's sooo worth it!